Cars.com is seeking a creative and passionate Event Marketing Coordinator to drive best in class experiences for our audience, partners and employees. These attention-grabbing experiences include, but are not limited to, consumer events, prioritized industry events, proprietary events – internal & external, both online & offline. The event marketing initiatives support and accelerate our growth strategy and drive all channels to connect with our brand.
The Event Marketing Coordinator should have a passion for creating and customizing experiences that help drive transformation across event marketing efforts. This is someone who thrives in a collaborative environment and has a proven track record of working successfully in a team environment.
This position is a key member of the event marketing team and reports directly to the Director, Event Marketing.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support event marketing team with the full life cycle of event marketing programs
- Seek out and recommend new and innovative ways to engage consumers, prospects, partners and employees through our experiences
- Research, recommend and contract with venues, caterers, audio visual, transportation
- Assist in developing detailed event marketing proposals
- Oversee full life event cycle for small to medium scale events
- Attend events when assigned to provide onsite direction and execution of logistics
- Manage event specific materials including inventory monitoring, shipment of materials and recommending
- Oversee hotel execution including managing room blocks, tracking deliverables and deadlines with lead event manager
- Create and manage event registration sites and other event technologies including attendee registration/requests
- Assist with creative assets of event related materials including invitations, signage, décor and collateral
- Track event expenses, invoices and payments to ensure accurate spend for events
- Oversee premium inventory both on and offsite
- Maintain comprehensive event calendar for event marketing team and help communicate event details to internal and external stakeholders
- Reconcile event attendance and contribute to ROI analysis
- Collaborate with legal and finance on budget approvals and contract processing
- Keep educated in the industry and on the latest technologies, especially those applicable for events to identify trends and provide fresh ideas