4.6 out of 5 (4.6) 1576 reviews

1576 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Vandergriff Toyota from DealerRater.com

Read reviews that mention:

• September 29, 2014

We did our homework before going into the dealership, so we pretty much knew what we wanted but were unsure about our financing ability. We made an appointment... but when we got there we were introduced to a different salesman named Abe Suleiman. This guy is awesome. He really took the time coming to a finance agreement which we are VERY happy with. This guy was so awesome that a month later we went back in without an appointment and asked for him again and got a truck for my husband! With both vehicles he gave us top notch customer service. I mean this guy deserves an award or something. He was so busy but never once made us feel like we were not his top priority! He was very understanding of our needs and made sure we understood every part of the process, but moved everything much quicker than we expected. He was great in the finance negotiating and made sure that all parties agreed with the end result. He took such great care of us from financing down to the wax job on my husbands truck! He even set up my Bluetooth and showed me how all my cars features worked before I left. This guy has top notch customer service and we feel we owe our entire experience to him, both times. He still approaches us by name when we go to the dealership. If you go to this dealership ask for Abe Suleiman, you will not be disappointed!

July 29, 2018

Let me begin by saying that I???m an educated person, and this was not my first rodeo buying a car. I believe I got a pretty fair price on the vehicle... I purchased, but here is the thing:,I left the dealership and minutes later texted the salesperson who sold me the car and let him know that the headrests were missing for the back seat. I texted to him that I would return to get them. Well, he responded that the car was as is, and that???s the way they received the trade in. Wait.... if you knew the headrests were missing, shouldn???t you have disclosed that? He said we did walk arounds on the car, but he never really noticed they were missing. Ok, what???s your story then? You didn???t notice, or you knew and didn???t tell me? Very bad business practices. After reading the reviews on Yelp (2.5 stars) my eyes were opened. Read those reviews as well as these. It???s not all unicorns and glitter. Very disappointing to be treated this way. I will be spending $650 for new headrests thanks to the lack of information given by the dealership. My advice to them is to get your story straight before you talk to your customers. why do you think people hate buying cars? It???s things like this. Oh, and quit trying to pass that $599 paint protectant on to your customers, it???s so annoying. In fact, it???s insulting to our intelligence.

July 28, 2018

I was looking for a Toyota vehicle for a relative online and found what they wanted within their price range at Vandergriff Toyota. I called the dealership... to see if the vehicle was available, and spoke with salesman Prosper Bankesie. The vehicle was available and I informed Prosper that we planned to drive to the dealership the next day as we lived two hours away. We went to the dealer the next day and met with Prosper. He showed us the vehicle, we test drove it, and my relative decided to purchase. After some negotiation, a purchase price was agreed upon. The purchase and paperwork process was entirely too long considering that my relative was already pre-approved for a car loan with their financial institution. This part of the experience only receives 1 star. It should not take a couple of hours to complete, fax, and sign paperwork. Now, to what was the car buying experience best feature - PROSPER BANKESIE - a 5 star professional I highly recommend this salesman if you are looking to purchase a used vehicle from Vandergriff Toyota. He went above and beyond to accommodate our request for items that were missing from the vehicle. He stayed with us during the entire process and even paired up my relatives phone and made sure all features of the vehicle were explained and understood. From our initial arrival to leaving, we spent about 5hrs at this dealership. As an onlooker watching the whole process, I would ONLY purchase a car from Vandergriff if Prosper was my salesperson. He made the sale and kept the deal together with his attitude, professionalism, and EXCELLENT customer service. Ask for and See Prosper Bankesie - you won't be disappointed!

Prosper Bankesie

Sales Associate

(4.8) 21 reviews

July 3, 2018

I purchased a car from them (BIG MISTAKE). They did three hard pulls on my credit report lowering my score. I just recently found out that the car I thought... I had purchased for 4.5 years turns out to be a 75 month contract. I spoke with the manager today and he came up with some kind of lame duck excuse stating that I was told about this before I went to financing. This is an incorrect statement, I didn't see any paperwork until I sat down in the finance department. I felt like a real idiot when I looked at my monthly statement from the bank where it was financed. After doing the math, I came to realize that I had 22 months left on the note. I have no excuse for missing this. I usually don't trust car dealerships and here's the reason why. They're a bunch of liars and scam artists and will screw someone at the drop of a dime. My car got into an accident shortly after I purchased it and the service department took it upon themselves to repair it how they wanted to and not how I instructed them to. I talked to the body shop manager and he said he would take care of it. Next time I spoke with them was when they called me letting me know it was ready to pick up. They did a poor job on the clean up details. I had to make them take it back to the shop and finish the job. They have VERY POOR, QUALITY CONTROL at this facility!!! Do Not Buy From Them....... I will never buy another one from them.

Vandergriff Toyota

I am sorry you had a negative experience as I see you gave us all 1 stars. We try very hard to satisfy every customer. Please call me and we can discu...ss if you are willing. Regards, Chris Snyder - General Sales Manager (877) 880-5657

Ryan Parker

Assistant Service Manager

(4.9) 150 reviews

June 30, 2018

I've had horrible customer service there. There's been times I've showed up before the service center closes only to be told they can't help me and I should... bring it back another day. The day before New Years one of my tires was real low and I took it in to air it up since they are filled with Nitrogen and that's the only place I can do it. The roads were supposed to freeze over and I had my wife and newborn in the hospital and they were about to be released. For safety reasons I obviously wanted my tires to be properly inflated and was told that they had already shut down the machines. This was at least 20 min. prior to closing. I was told to bring it back on Tuesday when they would be open again. Why not post on your website what time you actually stop servicing your customers instead of what time you lock the doors. What good is being open if you can't actually help people. I took my truck in on Wed. because of another tire issue and was told they had to plug a hole in the tire that had a nail stuck in it.. Friday morning my tire had gone from 40 psi to 23 psi so I took it in after work and they was told they didn't have anybody to look at it at the time. This was approximately 45 min. before closing. The service person said they would get it fixed on Saturday and for me to bring in my truck since they kept the tire there. I told him I worked all day but would call and check on the status and would try to bring it during lunch. After calling a couple of times and ending up in voicemail, I called back and let them know that I currently didn't have access to my phone and there wasn't a number I could be reached at for the day and I would gladly hold for him if needed. The person that answered the phone came back and said he wan't at his desk and that she would put me through to his voicemail. I explained once again to her that I didn't have access to a phone an I needed to find out if they had fixed the tire so I could go during lunch. She said she didn't know how long I would have to hold for and that I should just call back later. There's several other incidents that have been just as bad regarding my vehicle.

Vandergriff Toyota

At Vandergriff Toyota we keep customer satisfaction our #1 priority, and I am very shocked to hear this comment you posted about your experience from ...the past and recently. Please call me because I want to know more about what you posted. Regards, Christy Muse - Service Director (877) 880-5657

June 5, 2018

First, they sold me prepaid warranty even though my car had the factory warranty. Second, they refinanced my loan, increased the interest rate. Third,... applied to each and every bank thus resulting in 12 hard pulls on my credit. Sold the car at a price way above than posted.

Vandergriff Toyota

I am sorry you had a negative experience as I see you gave us all 1 stars. We try very hard to satisfy every customer. Please call me and we can disc...uss if you are willing. I want to know more about what you posted. Regards, Chris Snyder - General Sales Manager (877) 880-5657

May 29, 2018

The car I had inquired about was gone, not in the morning when I asked but an hour or so later when I showed up. Instead of telling me this right away... I got a bit of a run around and then left to wander the lot. Finally found out the car was gone. Let them try and up sell me but then left perturbed.

I am sorry you had a negative experience as I see you gave us a 2 star review. We try very hard to satisfy every customer, please call me and we can d...iscuss this in more detail. Regards, Chris Snyder - General Sales Manager (877) 880-5657

May 28, 2018

This has been the worst experience. Delivered the wrong car, had to go back to re-do the deal. Price jumped up 10k. Finally got things worked out,... then they failed to cancel the Lo Jack appt. as I still don’t have my car. Supposed to be delivered today with options I paid for in the first place added. Not enough room here to voice my disappointment. Sales manager was a total jerk AFTER THE SALE, as I’m writing this the 2nd Lo Jack guy arrives ! Seriously the WORST buying experience. And I’ve bought about 15 cars in my lifetime. Toyota headquarters will be hearing from me.

At Vandergriff Toyota we keep customer satisfaction our #1 priority, and I am very shocked to hear this comment you posted about your experience. Plea...se call me because I want to know more about what you posted. Regards, Chris Snyder - General Sales Manager (877) 880-5657

May 23, 2018

Prosper helped me buy a car in my budget. He was really helpful and nice. I would definitely recommend him and refer him to other people.

Vandergriff Toyota

Thank you for the 5 star Review! We appreciate you choosing Vandergriff Toyota. Please let us know if you need anything in the near future! Regards, C...hris Snyder - General Sales Manager

Prosper Bankesie

Sales Associate

(4.8) 21 reviews

May 22, 2018

I would like to say thank you to Kirby Jackson..he truly helped me out today and making my kids happy..not one but 2 2018 vehicles...please go out to see... this man of the hour..he will truly do all he can to put a smile on your face!!! Sales person of the year

Vandergriff Toyota

Thank you for the 5 star review we truly appreciate it. Thank you for choosing Vandergriff Toyota. If you need anything in the near future please let ...us know. Regards, Chris Snyder - General Sales Manager