• SOLD!

Why did I choose to visit Penske Honda of Ontario when I have a vast selection of dealerships where I live and work? I was looking for a specific year/model and they had one of the two available for sale in the state of California. Why did I choose to buy from Penske Honda of Ontario? The brand speaks for itself, I fell in love with the car BUT it was the customer service that helped seal the deal. I have had my share of bad experiences and good experiences in car buying but this one was THE best especially considering the particularity of my financial health. After my credit took a blow from a recent economic hardship, I was apprehensive of stepping into a dealership or engaging any financial institution. I did not wish to be put in a bad light and judged merely because of my credit situation. At the same time, I didn't necessarily need the car so I was in a good position to decline any outrageous, high-interest offers. Well, it didn't take long for my unease to dissipate, or even form rather. From the moment I walked in, I was welcomed. Everyone had a smile and actually knew my name! Not only was I greeted by the sales staff, service manager and finance manager but the President and General Manager, Bill McGrath, himself. I must preface this by disclosing I did reach out to Mr. McGrath directly to inquire about the car and financing options. What I didn't expect was for him to personally respond, and so promptly! With that I knew, it would be worth a trip to Ontario (which by the way is right off the 15 freeway; and a couple of other things to note: they have a courtesy shuttle and service is open both Saturday and Sunday). I had the opportunity to test drive the vehicle and after an honest dialogue about my finances, I was met by their just as honest feedback -- and an offer. This took me by surprise, yet it was refreshing that they had taken me seriously and utilized previously provided information to generate numbers. And they weren't bad looking numbers! What eventually led me to sign papers that night was their responsiveness and willingness to help my situation. I didn't feel as though they were trying to take advantage of me or make a quick profitable sale on my account. In fact, I don't think they made much off my transaction! They listed a number of items on the due bill of pre-existing conditions with the car, which weren't exactly a deal breaker but I would have liked to see addressed. This they handled during my subsequent service visit, and more! There were a couple of items that went unnoticed during the signing but when I brought it to their attention, it was immediately handled. Now, why am I so excited about this whole experience? Because customer service is rare and theirs was exceptional (and I LOVE my car). On a number of occasions they went above and beyond - did I mention two porters worked overtime to deliver my new car home? Oh and the Special Finance manager Jaime (no, I did not spell his name wrong), he is very knowledgeable and was instrumental in pushing forth an efficient negotiation. And Mr. McGrath? He was there every step of the way! For top management to be ever so present and involved means a lot! Everyone worked so harmoniously together and provided for a seamless transaction. Even after the purchase, they remain attentive and consistent in their care and communication of my car needs. Just as with the Honda line of cars, the individuals that make up Penske Honda Ontario are quality and performance driven. You can't expect anything less of this team because they are the epitome of Helpful Honda.

• SOLD!

Why did I choose to visit Penske Honda of Ontario when I have a vast selection of dealerships where I live and work? I was looking for a specific year/model and they had one of the two available for sale in the state of California. Why did I choose to buy from Penske Honda of Ontario? The brand speaks for itself, I fell in love with the car BUT it was the customer service that helped seal the deal. I have had my share of bad experiences and good experiences in car buying but this one was THE best especially considering the particularity of my financial health. After my credit took a blow from a recent economic hardship, I was apprehensive of stepping into a dealership or engaging any financial institution. I did not wish to be put in a bad light and judged merely because of my credit situation. At the same time, I didn't necessarily need the car so I was in a good position to decline any outrageous, high-interest offers. Well, it didn't take long for my unease to dissipate, or even form rather. From the moment I walked in, I was welcomed. Everyone had a smile and actually knew my name! Not only was I greeted by the sales staff, service manager and finance manager but the President and General Manager, Bill McGrath, himself. I must preface this by disclosing I did reach out to Bill directly to inquire about the car and financing options. What I didn't expect was for him to personally respond, and so promptly! With that I knew, it would be worth a trip to Ontario (which by the way is right off the 15 freeway; and a couple of other things to note: they have a courtesy shuttle and service is open both Saturday and Sunday). I had the opportunity to test drive the vehicle and after an honest dialogue about my finances, I was met by their just as honest feedback -- and an offer. This took me by surprise, yet it was refreshing that they had taken me seriously and utilized previously provided information to generate numbers. And they weren't bad looking numbers! What eventually led me to sign papers that night was their responsiveness and willingness to help my situation. I didn't feel as though they were trying to take advantage of me or make a quick profitable sale on my account. In fact, I don't think they made much off my transaction! They listed a number of items on the due bill of pre-existing conditions with the car, which weren't exactly a deal breaker but I would have liked to see addressed. This they handled during my subsequent service visit, and more! There were a couple of items that went unnoticed during the signing but when I brought it to their attention, it was immediately handled. Now, why am I so excited about this whole experience? Because customer service is rare and theirs was exceptional (and I LOVE my car). On a number of occasions they went above and beyond - did I mention two porters worked overtime to deliver my new car home? Oh and the Special Finance manager Jaime (no, I did not spell his name wrong), he is very knowledgeable and was instrumental in pushing forth an efficient negotiation. And Mr. McGrath? He was there every step of the way! For top management to be ever so present and involved means a lot! Everyone worked so harmoniously together and provided for a seamless transaction. Even after the purchase, they remain attentive and consistent in their care and communication of my car needs. Just as with the Honda line of cars, the individuals that make up Penske Honda Ontario are quality and performance driven. You can't expect anything less of this team because they are the epitome of Helpful Honda.