AutoNation Chevrolet West Austin

Call This Dealer

New Used Service

• Great Service
    January 4, 2016

Excellent service from top to bottom. Josh Reese helped out tremendously and got me into my vehicle without delays. I plan to purchase my next vehicle... from AutoNation Austin within the next 3-4 years.

Thank you. We take our reviews seriously and are delighted to hear about your visit. If you ever need any help, please give us a call!

Partial refund after I posted bad reviews.
    April 16, 2018

Update: Two different men from this dealership called after I posted my review. Bob said that the overcharge for replacing the light bulb was accide...ntal (gosh, so was my one star review), and Tony refunded $30 of the $54 charge. (Reluctantly, he first offered $20, right after he told me they usually charged $10 - $15) So screwing in a light bulb now costs $15. He became quite defensive when I asked how it could possibly cost them $60 ('waste fee') to dispose of less than 3 gallons of fluid, though (Cleaning chemicals! Shop rags!). And all the other charges are still way higher than repairpal dot com, and other online estimators, quote for the work. I don't know, I suppose I could go up to two stars, but here's the thing - when I was there, checking out, I asked about the $50 charge to screw in a light bulb, and they didn't care. When I wrote them bad reviews online, they cared so much that they started calling to give part of the money back. If you want to be taken seriously by this dealership, it looks like you have to go public with the facts.

Massively overpriced
    April 14, 2018

They charged $50 labor (which did not include parts) to replace a light bulb over the license plate. $50 to screw in a light bulb. Seriously. Never... again.

Chevy Traverse Timing Chain replacement
    April 2, 2018

Auto Nation handled my repair in a timely manner & I was very pleased. They adjusted the repair pricing to fit inside of the amount that my Extended w...arranty would cover.

Ted Reynolds
    April 2, 2018

i had a good experience. the sales person was helpful but i wanted to find a car that was not on the lot. once the sales manager stepped in, then the... process of buying got completed.

ken treaccar
    March 22, 2018

My recent purchase of a 2018 Chevrolet Silverado was a very pleasant experience.

FOUR HOURS--NOT TWO!
    March 20, 2018

I was told the repairs would be completed within 2 hours of my scheduled appointment. However, based upon prior experience, I knew better. As expect...ed, the repair work took 4 hours!! While waiting in the lobby, we (I and other customers) were subjected to another customer playing obscene/profanity laced movies and YouTube videos. [Note: There were several children in the lobby area!] After asking him twice to lower the volume or get headphones, I had to ask for Management to get involved. [Interestingly enough, NONE of the employees walking by said or did anything!] By the time he came around (almost 30 minutes later), the guy had left!

Great place to purchase a vehicle
    March 6, 2018

Kudos to Joel Garza and Ian Robertson. You all took the time to answer all my questions and to get the best financing for my budget. I was able to pur...chase the vehicle that I wanted. You guys ROCK.

Review
    February 23, 2018

The sales and finance department work great together myself my Corey fried very helpful and the other Corey in finances awesome I would highly recomm...end AutoNation Chevrolet Austin

HORRIBLE Service Department
    September 3, 2017

NO stars. This is the third time we have TRIED to use the service department at this dealership. HORRIBLE experience... AGAIN. Not ONE of the serv...ice advisors we used will call ANYONE back after you repeatedly leave message after message. Three trips and tried a different advisor EACH TIME. I finally had to call the lady at the service desk (very helpful by the way... maybe SHE needs to be an advisor???) and just tell them to pull my damn truck out. I purchased this truck FROM this dealership. Sales staff were awesome. As someone in this field and business (i am a service director for a dealership) all i can say is that i would literally fire everyone and just start over. 8 months and nothing has changed. And notice that every bad review has a "please call the GM at..." We did this. Guess what changed? Nothing. I will be taking my business elsewhere. If i were the GM of this dealership or ESPECIALLY the Service MANAGER i would be ashamed. There is NO management and damn sure no one cares. If i call and leave a message what should be my expectation? One hour.. maybe two and get a call back with an update you PROMISED me at a certain time? How about 5 hours and still no call back? And i had an appointment? Lets just hope we dont get a survey on this one. I promise it will not be a pretty one. We are done with the crappy service for an 80$ oil change. I will give someone else the opportunity to "earn our business" as you say. Tony Whittington (NOT ashamed to post who i am!) PS... I had to give ONE star because i cant leave it at zero which is what it should have been.

AutoNation Chevrolet West Austin