Sterling Acura of Austin

10 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

May 23, 2019

I am always treated very well and will continue to do business with this group. Mark B., Tim, Mitch and the other service writers are dependable, friendly... and engaging.

May 23, 2019

A manufacturer recall. Handled timely and professionally by Sterling Acura of Austin. I appreciate the periodic updates and quality of service. Highly... recommend Sterling Acura if your next vehicle will be an Acura.

May 10, 2019

Mark Benitz is the best, I had to change my appt,Mr Benitz did this with ease, when I got there I asked him about my radio, running the bass, he fixed... it, but as he was doing it, he explained exactly how he did it, after my car was ready he went over everything with me, he is the best and so are the technicians !! I also got to talk to Jessa, the salesperson that I bought the car from, she is the best also! the reason I went to Sterling is my daughter bought her car there and Mark was her service counselor and she was impressed with his taking care of the service for her car. From day 1 he has taken care of my car, thanks Mark!

March 19, 2019

I have always had a great experience at Sterling Acura. All of the staff go far beyond the standard treatment received at other dealerships. I look forward... to a long relationship with Sterling Acura.

April 2, 2018

Where do I begin? I've been a Sterling Acura customer since 2012. Montye was amazing! Montye is the best sales representative I have ever dealt with. He's... very charismatic, knowledgeable, and truly cares. My husband and I loved our 2016 TLX; however, once we saw the A-Spec online we fell in love. I walked into the dealership with intentions of just looking at the car...and within a few hours I walked out of their dealership with a brand new BEAUTIFUL 2018 Acura TLX A-Spec w/ Tech Package in Bellanova White and red leather interior. The process was very smooth and efficient. As a repeat customer, I am continuously¿ blown away by their exceptional ¿customer service from their sales and service department. I am a Sterling Acura customer for life! :) Note: Their showroom is under renovation. I have been to the dealership prior to construction and can attest that the current set-up is not ideal but they make the best out of it. I'm looking forward to seeing the renovated areas.

December 15, 2016

Google review I recently move to Austin, Tx. I was researching for a car with low mileage and that was good on gas mileage. I came across Sterling Acura... . I called about an Acura RDX , and was greeted by Sean, the Financial Director. He immediately peaked my interest on car shopping with them . The next morning I was greeted with great customer service by Wesley Bennett and the owners of Sterling Acura . I was so impressed by the awesome customer service I received by Wesley and the entire team at Sterling Acura .I am elated to say that I am now the proud owner of an Acura RDX !!! Sterling Acura went over and above for me . Thank you again for your committment to serving your customers in Austin,Texas.

October 23, 2016

This is my second Acura; both acquired from this dealership. Mr. Woods, the Owner of the dealership, says they try to treat their customers like family,... and I have to say that in my experience of servicing my TSX for the last 7 years as well as how almost to a person, the customer service goes beyond expectations in every way. I cannot recommend any dealership more highly and appreciate all they have done to get me on the road feeling comfortable in my new ILX. Thank you all so much!!! RRR

June 30, 2014

So our brand new 2014 MDX developed a loud buzzing noise at around 1,700rpm. I’ve researched the issue and turns out there’s a service bulletin to correct... this related to the VCM turning on/off so I called Sterling for an appointment. That’s where things went south from there: 1.) Loaner Car Issues - Initial phone call on Friday to setup appointment, I was told that I can’t get a loaner car because the service takes “only” 1.5hrs. I was told it needs to take longer than 2hrs to get a loaner. Fine, took a book with me and was ready to wait in the waiting area. When I get there I’m told I can get a rental only because they don’t have the parts to fix the car and it will be ready the next day. 2.) Timely Service Issues – Called them Saturday, car not ready. Called them Monday, car still not ready. Called them Tuesday, car not ready. Called them Wednesday, car is ready. OK, great, would have been nice if they called me instead of me having to call them. No one ever called to let us know that vehicle was ready for pickup. 3.) Service Issues – not sure what they did to our MDX if anything over the 5 days they had it but it still buzzes like it used to. Would have been nice if they test drove it before telling us that it’s ready. 4.) Sales dept. number one priority is to make money off you otherwise they are not interested in your business. So our new MDX was hit on the side by another driver and we’re working with their insurance company to settle a diminished value claim. The insurance company told us to take it to an Acura dealership and get a trade in appraisal to settle the claim so we did. After getting the run around between different sales associates for several days we finally were routed to Jon Boren, the sales manager. Right off the bat Jon made us feel uncomfortable with questions such as “are you going to trade in your vehicle, well…I can’t help you then” and “did you buy your vehicle from us, hmmmm…no, well, did you cross shop us when you purchased it.” This went on for a while and finally Jon agreed to write “something up” for us that we need to present to the insurance company. To make a long story short this went on for over a week, all along we were strung along that they already appraised the car and “just need to type it up”. After a week of waiting with unreturned phone calls from Jon and constantly being told by the receptionist that he’s “busy” or “not on property” we received a call from Jon that he will not give us an appraisal in writing. “If you were to be trading in the vehicle then it would be different but we can’t just give you an appraisal. There are companies out there that you can pay that will do that for you. Maybe the dealership where you bought it from can give you one.” Thanks Sterling Acura for holding our vehicle for 5 days, giving us stress all week, making empty promises, and accomplishing absolutely nothing!

We would like to sincerely apologize for what happened at the dealership. We'd like to assure you this is not how we typically operate and have worked... internally to ensure this does not happen again. We strive to provide the best service possible and again are very sorry for this. Thank you!

July 17, 2013

I found Sterling via cars.com while shopping for a TL. I thought that their prices were reasonable compared with other local dealerships, however the quality... of their cars were better. On average, for the TLs that I was looking for at least, their vehicles had lower miles for the price than others that I found in the area and they were the only ones in the area with the AWD version of the TL. I also shopped dealerships in Houston and Dallas that had the TL that I wanted and found competitive prices there but ended up staying with Sterling. We had a unique situation come up with our trade-in and the guys at Sterling were both understanding and helpful. Their advice helped us get through the situation even with no commitment from us to buy from them. Their sales process was also much less pressured than some of the others. One dealership in Dallas kept trying to get me to come in the same day despite being told that i am in Austin with a child in school. Nothing like that from Sterling. Even the receptionists make a point of trying to learn your name and make you feel welcome. Overall a great buying experience and I would definitely recommend them.

We're so happy to hear you had a great experience at our dealership. We truly appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your ride. Thank you for com...ing in to see us at Sterling!

July 15, 2013

Over priced, only offered pricy solutions which often required a wait time while parts were shipped vs. Providing info about use of Honda parts.