Terry Volkswagen Subaru

65 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

October 23, 2016

I inquired about a Jetta 2014 for sale by Terry There reply was thorough Thanks Charles Nighbor

August 13, 2016

On 6/30/16, I bought a 2012 Mazda 3i Touring Sedan from Terry Subaru in Lynchburg, VA. On 7/3/16, as I???m driving it, I heard a flapping & then a scrapping... noise. Pulled over & found the front driver???s side mud flap gone & the wheel well protector pulled down. Got it home, took pictures, sent it to Terry & was told to bring it in. On 7/5/16, as I???m driving to Terry, the whole piece comes off & is rattling around in the wheel well. They assure me it will be taken care of. I also tell them that the front end is groaning every time I come to a slow stop or let up on the brakes ??? I???m told it???s just those types of brakes (I???m just a stupid woman ??? what would I know about how brakes are supposed to sound). They had machined the rotors & put the brake pads on the car in 1/16 when they purchased it. 5 weeks later it???s still not done & it isn???t until I email the General Manager (Mark Dalton) & threatened to go on every social media available that I get a response. Profuse apologies, it???ll be done. They come get my car & I send a note with it detailing exactly what needs to be done per my agreement with the Assistant Sales Manager (Wayne Clark) because I just want to get this all over & done with & don???t want there to be any question as to what needs to be done. Brings me the car back ??? hadn???t even touched the brakes ??? same loud groan, same decibel level (hoped I???d go deaf during the day & not notice or I???d get so frustrated & give up?). Made them come back, get the car & take it back. Emailed General Manager again. Fix this, make this right, this is Terry???s last chance before I go public. Profuse apologies, will make this right, not because you???re a woman, all our fault, will take care of this & make sure it???s done right. Replaces brake pads & rotors ??? finally the brakes are fixed. As I???m driving home, I hear a scrapping noise. The exact same piece that had come off before & they took 5 weeks to replace was coming off. Pulled into Outback parking lot, called General Manager, told him to send someone with another car for me because I wasn???t driving it anywhere. Profuse apologies, sales guy be there in 15 minutes. 40 minutes later I call to find out where this guy is & he???s still at the dealership. The tech wanted to come along & he was still with another customer. Perfectly fine to leave me waiting until they get around to getting to me whenever that might be. Profuse apologies. On my way. When he gets there, I also inform him that the back end is now making noises that it wasn???t before they got hold of it which I heard when driving over the rough downtown roads. Emailed General Manager this. Told him this is the last time they get their hands on my car &, if I get it back again & it still isn???t right, I???m taking it to my mechanic & they???re paying for it. I have never had such horrible service in my entire life. The incompetence & ineptitude is staggering. I have felt patronized, disregarded & disrespected by their Service Department ??? parts not ordered (both Assistant Sales Manager and General Manager confirmed this), not calling to let me know what was going on, repeatedly assuring me over the 5 weeks that this was going to be taken care of, patronizing me over the brakes. I was patient, I gave them every opportunity & I warned them twice that I would tell every soul I could reach how horribly I???d been treated if they didn???t make this right & told them it wasn???t a threat, but a fact. I will never, EVER have anything to do with them whatsoever & I highly suggest you don???t either unless you want to be disrespected, strung along for weeks on end & have to return your car to them multiple times to try to get it repaired. I have pictures & emails to back up everything I claim.

May 1, 2016

I visited the Terry showroom a couple of times before deciding on which vehicle I was interested in buying. There was no hi-pressure to buy when I was... just looking. When I decided to buy the Forester, Vernon was very knowledgeable about the vehicle and not a pushy sales person. When I returned the next day, Vernon was on his day off and Chris stepped up and also took time to again go over thing about the process of buying. Vern on & Chris both worked together to make this one of the easiest purchase of a new vehicle that I have ever experienced.

Bob Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your buying experience with Terry Volkswagen Subaru, and Vernon & Chris. Vernon and Chris ...are vital parts of our team, and takes great pride with a customer's needs and exemplifies the commitment to customer service as our dealership takes great pride in. Thank you again, and please let us know anything we can do to assist you in the future

April 4, 2016

Making the decision to trade in and buy a new car can be daunting, but Chris Woods put me at ease from the very beginning! He listened to what options... and add-ons I wanted and diligently searched for the Forester that was "just right" for me. Chris was key in making this an EXCELLENT buying experience. Thank you, Chris!

Jill Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your buying experience with Terry Volkswagen Subaru, and Chris Woods. Chris is a vital par...t of our team, and takes great pride with a customer's needs and exemplifies the commitment to customer service as our dealership takes great pride in. Thank you again, and please let us know anything we can do to assist you in the future.

March 31, 2016

The Terry Subaru Service Department is exceedingly competent, reliable and professional. Vinay Machhi is to be commended for his kind, courteous, and professional... manner in which he has assisted me through the years with car repairs and ongoing maintenance. Thank you, Vinay!

Jill Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experiences with our service department at Terry Volkswagen Subaru. We pride in all ...aspects of our dealership from the sales to service,all clients are important to our business, and we so appreciate you putting the word out about your experience. Again, thank you for taking the time, and we look forward to assisting you in the future.

November 22, 2015

I am very impressed with the awesome customer service I receive every time I need to take my Volkswagen Fahrenheit in for maintenance or repairs. My husband... and I purchased a yellow Fahrenheit from Terry Volkswagen in 2008 and it still runs like new! I am extremely happy with my purchasing experience, and the service I have received over the years. I would never take my car anywhere else!!

Lynn Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experiences with our service department at Terry Volkswagen Subaru. We pride in all a...spects of our dealership from the sales to service,all clients are important to our business, and we so appreciate you putting the word out about your experience. Again, thank you for taking the time, and we look forward to assisting you in the future.

November 7, 2015

Prompt, curtious, and professional via e-mail, as I requested.

Debbie Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience with Terry Volkswagen Subaru. We take great pride in the service we prov...ide our customers. Please keep us in mind for any future needs. Thanks again

October 21, 2015

Contacted, test drove, and purchased a used Volkswagen Routan all in one evening. I was a new customer and the sales rep Randy made us feel like we had... been buying from there for years. He was very knowledgable of the vehicle, and clearly answered all questions we had about car/purchase options. The price was fair and financing quick and easy. I would highly recommend buying from Terry VW Subaru.

October 21, 2015

Minivandad Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience with Terry Volkswagen Subaru. We take great pride in the service we ...provide our customers, and Randy is a valuable part of the team. Please keep us in mind for any future needs. Thanks again

September 29, 2015

Stopped in yesterday to get a few unexpected repairs done, I was in & out in such a short time! got me right back on the road in no time! Always taken... care of at the service department by knowledgeable advisors & accommodating staff!!!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about you experience with Terry Volkswagen Subaru. We strive to make sure you are always informed abou...t all aspects of your maintenance, please keep us in mind for any future needs you may have. Thank you again