4.9 out of 5 (4.9) 1531 reviews

Call This Dealer

New Used Service

1531 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles from DealerRater.com

May 21, 2018

This is the second car I got from Lindsay. First was a Passat TDI and now I bought a used 2013 Touareg TDI. I'm from Chattanooga, TN and the reas...on, why I bought my second car that far away was the great dealership experience of my first car. I'm very picky and asked Debbie a lot of questions up front on the phone, but she answered all of them very patiently, even on her day off. I finally flew into Washington DC Friday evening and was picked up by the dealership shuttle regardless of being late due to an overbooking situation at Atlanta Airport. We actually arrived around 7:45PM (they close at 8:00PM) and everybody involved stayed until 9:30PM. I found a smaller issue to be repaired, so the dealership paid for the hotel and fixed the car (thanks Matt) beyond my expectations on Saturday. I couldn't ask for better service. To top it all off the dealership filled up the car with a full tank of gas, which lasted all the way back to TN (560 miles) ... I wished, this dealership would be closer to home to trust them with all of my car needs. Thanks again to the whole Lindsay team.

May 12, 2018

Let me tell you about Crystal at the Lindsay VW in Sterling VA, and why you should buy from her. Simply put, she is Awesome! Now for some back story S...o, it’s 2018 and the VW Dieselgate scandal is in full force. In March of 2017 VW was authorized to sell the remaining model year 2015 TDI’s as new once they were modified, but I missed the memo and didn’t buy one. Flash forward to March, 2018 I started looking into what would replace my ’14 dirty diesel, and while I had some luck finding some of the ’15 Golf TDI SEL Manuals that I wanted, they were being snapped up left and right before I could get my hands on one. Now is where Crystal comes in. I had seen a perfect car for me on Cars.com, and emailed Lindsay VW and Crystal was the one to reply. After a bit of back and fourth she went to grab the keys to this dream car of mine. …Missed it by 15 minutes… Unlike my local VW dealerships in the RVA, who only wanted to deal with what they had on hand, Crystal said to me that she would reach to her dealerships buyers to see what they could come up with, asking for me to give her the search criteria. Yes, this is why you should buy from Crystal, she goes above and beyond to help you find your car. About a week later I get the email that they were able to find what I was looking for. She pulled through. But it doesn’t end there. Originally, I was going to have the car shipped to my house, and she was going to take care of it. But I have family in NoVA and an opportunity arrived where I could rent a car and pick up the one she found for me. Crystal came through again. Crystal arranged to get the car rushed through the VW Used Car Certification Process at breakneck speed, From the time it arrived to when I picked it up was less than a week. All thanks to Crystal. Why should you buy from Crystal, she’s simply a fellow VW Auto Group lover who has a passion about the cars, and fantastic customer service skills.

May 7, 2018

Worked with Crystal to buy a 2018 GTI and have it delivered to Michigan. Easy process and had the car within two weeks. She recommended delivery ser...vices and helped coordinate the loading.

May 7, 2018

Alphonso is a true professional. I trust him and know he will provide the best deal available. Treats customers respectfully. Like I said my third vis...it and purchase.

Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles

Thank you for the kind review! Your loyalty is truly appreciated. Please let us know if you need anything.

May 2, 2018

I bought a VW Atlas with Josh's help. He's passionate about his job and, what's more, he cares about the customer. He was an honest broker and up fron...t with me and got me a great deal on the Atlas and my trade in. The buying experience was like buying from a good, old friend. I think we talked more about hockey and sports than we did about buying the vehicle! The next day, when I needed something I'd left in my old vehicle, even though he was busy, Josh went out of his way to drive out to the different vehicle lot to retrieve it for me. That's customer service. Thanks, Josh. I'll be directing folks I know looking for a VW to you.

Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles

Congrats on your new Atlas! We are happy to see that Josh took excellent care of you. The Atlas has quickly become one of our most beloved vehicles. W...e hope that you are enjoying it.

April 30, 2018

Sridhar and Mariya were very helpful and made everything very easy. They answered all our questions, and allowed us all the time we needed to decide o...n our purchase without any pressure. We would definitely recommend this dealership and Sri and Mariya.

Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles

Thank you for this awesome review! We appreciate your advocacy. Please let us know if you need anything.

April 28, 2018

Was recently helping my son shop for a new Tiguan and noted the solid online processing so began negotiations with them via email. My son was interes...ted in a lease so we went in that direction. The monthly price seemed high so I requested all the numbers, including Money Factor (MF). They delayed in getting that to me, but once they did, I understood why they wanted to hide it. They more than doubled the VW base MF, and this is for Tier 1 credit! So disappointing as I was a returning customer. So, to everyone, just make sure you carefully go over everything, and have a firm understanding of leasing/financing, because then they also had the audacity to suggest I just didn't understand how leasing works! Overall, a decent dealership, just be very wary and careful with these folks!

Dear VW_DieHard, thank you for being our customer. I appreciate your perspective and am disappointed we were unable to come to an agreement for you t...o get another VW from Lindsay. I have reviewed this with the salesperson and manager who helped you and we will use your feedback to improve. Please call or email me if there's anything I can do for you. Jerry Holloway, General Manager, 703.880.8080, jerry.holloway@lindsayvw.com

April 25, 2018

I was recently shopping to buy a new 2018 VW. I knew the specific trim and color of the car what I wanted, so I searched the internet to identify the ...dealers in the DMV area that had what I was looking for. My search revealed that Lindsay VW was one of a few dealers that had my target car. After receiving a reasonable e-price from Lindsay VW, I decided to come and see the car in person, even though it was a bit of a trek for me coming from MD. Upon arriving, my husband and I received a friendly greeting and were offered beverages to quench our thirst. Their facilities overall were adequate, and perhaps, above average. However, it was when we did our test drive that things began to go downhill. 1. The "new" car had 150 miles on it, but the online advertisement said that it had 10. Even if you try to account for a lapse in updating the webpage, we learned that Lindsay had the car literally driven (not shipped) from another dealership that was 60+ miles away. Thus, when Lindsay received the car, it was impossible for it to have 10 miles. This was a case of false advertising. Also, did I mention that the brakes of the car during the test drive were squeaking loudly? It was the first thing we heard when we got in the car. 2. When I expressed my dissatisfaction about the excess miles on the car, I was told that Lindsay had a wide inventory and could easily get me the same car with lower mileage, or if not, could have it transferred from another dealer. However, after making that declaration, the salesman checked the Lindsay inventory and told me that there were no other cars available. When I mentioned another dealer that had the car per my online research, the salesman ultimately told me that the car could not be transferred (The reason for this is unknown to me, especially when that dealer was also located in VA. I was so frustrated that I didn't ask.) 3. While the chances of me even buying the car were less than 10% after the true mileage discovery, I was willing to consider purchasing the car if the e-price I was quoted was adequately adjusted. However, Lindsay did not seem to care that the car had more mileage than advertised and was only willing to reduce the price by $150 total. In the end, I walked away from the negotiations because they were going no where. The next day I bought the car that I wanted with low miles (50) for a lesser price at a more straightforward and fair dealership, and this included an additional option/feature of >$300 in the car that I wasn't even expecting. In fact, the second dealer initially had my target car with high mileage, but then worked to get me one with low mileage by having it transferred from another DMV dealer on the same day of my request. It all worked out for the best in the end because the second dealer was in my state of MD where the document processing fees are capped (unlike in VA), so even greater savings for me. Overall, my experience with Lindsay VW was one of dishonest tactics and frustrating negotiations. I believe their goal was to lure an interested buyer to their dealership via the online quote, description, and price, but then gradually reveal the "truth" once the buyer is in a stress-inducing environment, such as in the negotiating phase. I do not recommend this dealer for purchasing cars, and if you do go, tread very, very carefully.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very disappointed with the impression we've left you with. Your observation reg...arding the mileage of transferred in vehicles is spot on and very helpful. We are changing our process to have a better estimate shown on websites for cars we purchase from other dealers thank you again. I will work with my team regarding your other feedback to improve how we help customers going forward. We are very happy to hear you found a VW closer to home and congratulate you on your purchase. Please reach out to me directly if there's anything I can do for you. Respectfully, Jerry Holloway, General Manager, 703.880.8080, jerry.holloway@lindsayvw.com

April 23, 2018

Found a used car on line that we were very interested with. Was a little nervous driving 194 miles to look at it. Spoke to Sridhar by phone and he as...sured us it was worth driving in to see and that it would be there on Sunday to see. he meet us at 12 noon and went well from there. Mariya was very very busy that day also, but manged to get everything taken care of that day.

Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles

Thank you for the kind words! We couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your experience here at our dealership Thank you again and congratulations on yo...ur purchase.

April 17, 2018

Great customer service, very friendly! Whole process was great and our sales associate Alfonso was very helpful, straight to the point, not trying to ...hassle us into the purchase. Very pleased with the overall experience :)

Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles

Thank you, Sandra, for your 5-star review and great feedback. The whole team will be thrilled to read comments. We are grateful for your business and... look forward to helping with any future vehicle needs. Take care, and see you next time!

Alfonso Monteverde