Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles

New (866) 773-1736 (866) 773-1736
Used (866) 785-1356 (866) 785-1356
Service (866) 781-6990 (866) 781-6990

(1,798 reviews)

After my wife totaled her car Alfonso Monteverde came to...

After my wife totaled her car Alfonso Monteverde came to the rescue with next years Tiguan, always professional service, quick turn around. Erik Nyhuis gave knowledgeable advice on the service of the vehicle.

Dealer response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

I have worked with Alfonso Monteverde over the last 10...

I have worked with Alfonso Monteverde over the last 10 years and have purchased 5 vw's through him. He is always willing to answer questions and does not pressure you on the sales pitch. The latest car I picked up is the ID4, which he was able to explain alot of the features unlike some other dealers.

Dealer response

Thanks to Alfonso Monteverde at Lindsay for a great...

Thanks to Alfonso Monteverde at Lindsay for a great experience. I am happy with my car at difficult time to buy cars. Very please and Alfonso is a true professional.

Dealer response

We are so glad to read that you had such a positive experience at our dealership! We can't wait to see you again soon.

Purchased a vehicle from these good folks today and we...

Purchased a vehicle from these good folks today and we were treated like family. We travel 180 miles to their business and the trip was more than worth it. Great prices and friendly people! Jeff Hever was our sales Rep and he was fantastic!

Dealer response

Excellent. Thank you for the 5-star rating and allowing us the opportunity to assist you. We look forward to working with you in the future.

Consumer response

👍✝️

1.0

Good experience with Juan T. and Alphonso M., however,...

Good experience with Juan T. and Alphonso M., however, this dealership has Bad Business Practices. They do not honor their advertised prices or TrueCar contract offer and penalizes buyers $1000 for not financing through their preferred lenders at higher interest rates. Their website disclaimer that sales prices "may" require financing through their preferred lender is not prominently displayed on front page. It was not included in their written offer to me and did not come into discussion until I informed of my own financing/cash. A true bait and switch. Buyers beware of this dealership.

Dealer response

Dear Itzascam, thank you for choosing Lindsay to purchase your Pre Owned Kia as well as your kind words regarding Juan and Alfonso. Our disclaimer regarding preferred lenders is listed on all sites, including your initial inquiry from CARFAX. Unfortunately, we’ve had to suspend our partnership with TrueCar due to their inability to properly display our disclaimers. We are sorry for any confusion and sincerely appreciate your business. Please contact our Pre Owned Manager Sean Deal with any additional questions. Sean Deal, 703.880.8004, sean.deal@lindsayvw.com

Consumer response

Your offer did not include a disclaimer that specifically stated that in order for me to get the offered price I MUST finance with one of your preferred lenders. Even today (9/29/2021) your disclaimer does not specifically state this fact with respect pre-owned vehicles. In fact, the closest statement that I find today on your website is, "New vehicle pricing assumes financing with preferred providers and may not be combined with special financing and or lease offers. Destination (factory transportation fees) are included in advertised pricing. Tax, Title, Tags, and $699 processing fee not included in vehicle prices shown and must be paid by the purchaser." IF the intent is to offer the purchaser a certain price for a vehicle only if they use Lindsay's preferred providers you should say so and not be so deceptive. I also found on your website this statement, "Offers generally require financing or leasing and are therefore subject to credit approval". This means what exactly? Very different from what you state and ambiguous at the very least. Be transparent and stop this bad business practice. At this particular time I have no further questions.

Very happy with my experience at Lindsay VW. Worked with...

Very happy with my experience at Lindsay VW. Worked with Bob Derby, a very knowledgeable professional who made the process easy. Highly recommend.

Dealer response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Our team works incredibly hard to exemplify the commitment to customer care and we're so thankful that your time with us was well spent. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions or future auto needs as we are always here to help.

1.0

Stay away if you want an honest price.

Shopping for a used car in the 20k range. This dealer had some nice ones and we were ready to buy. Dealer offered zero flexibility on the price, which is understandable in this market. Biggest shocker was them saying they were going to charge us $1000 over the listed price if we paid cask or did not finance thru them. At least they were willing to say that out loud but w can’t imagine doing business with someone with that approach. Protect your money and integrity and go somewhere else.

The Beetle whisperer of Lindsey VW

Used Sales Rep. Robert Derby provided me with an excellent customer experience during my search for a VW beetle convertible for a weekend fun car! His knowledge, honesty and guidance allowed me to confidently choose and purchase a great car at a fair price. I would recommend Robert to anyone in search of a used VW.

Dealer response

We're delighted to hear of your positive experience at our dealership! We always strive to provide the utmost in customer service and quality, and it makes us happy to know that you feel you experienced these values first hand. We hope you continue to choose us for all of your future automotive needs, and we hope to see you again soon. Until next time, have a great day!

Exceptional client service.

I went to this dealership in my random search for a new car, a Volkswagen Atlas, and I met Robert (Bob) Derby. Bob was quick to understand my taste and needs, as well as the peculiarities of my status as a new resident in both Virginia and the US, and working for an international organization. Bob and his team were able to craft a solution that solved the hurdles presented by my particular situation. On the day we finalized the purchase, I was absolutely surprised and impressed to find Bob in his office past 8pm, waiting for me. He carefully tutored me on the use of the car's electronic systems and took care of the administrative formalities. I definitely recommend Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles for car purchases, especially if they are new residents. When you go there, feel free to ask for Mr Robert Derby. He is an expert in client satisfaction.

Dealer response

Thank you for leaving us this great review! We are very happy to hear that we could be so helpful during your recent visit with us. We look forward to seeing you back again in the future. Take care!

I would give more starts if I could! Overall easy and...

I would give more starts if I could! Overall easy and smooth car buying process. I worked with Alfonso Monteverde through the car buying process and his diligence is largely the reason why I went through with my purchase. He was very informative and provided constant updates. The original vehicle that I was interested in was a dealer exchange and required a mechanical fix. Alfonso kept me up to date with the status and let me know that there would be a similar vehicle coming in during one of my visits. Fortunately that vehicle was available for purchase and I was able to drive off the lot sooner than expected. It was also really convenient to be able to complete the purchase paperwork prior to the vehicle being ready. I was able to come in the next day for the turnover and even during that Alfonso was incredible informative, attentive, and helpful

Dealer response

First and foremost, thank you for stopping by to leave this incredible review! Our staff prides itself on providing efficient and friendly service to every customer that comes to our dealership. I'm happy to see that your visit reflects these values and that Alfonso assisted you in such a detailed and customized manner. Give us a call if you have any further questions!