Call This Dealer

This dealer has no recent reviews and is not rated.

February 17, 2013

In 2008 my wife was looking for a good luxury used car. Several friends had recommended Kar Smart as being an honest, reputable lot with high quality ...cars. We found that to be the case. Mr. Spears let her test drive a number of cars with no pressure. In fact he steered her away from a good BMW that would not have been suitable for her. My wife bought a 2006 Mercedes E350 4-matic with 32,000 miles.. The car was cleaned up and serviced upon delivery. We have not had any problems with the car and its condition was exactly as represented by Mr. Spears. 5 years later, we now have 121,000 miles and have not had any significant repairs, just regular maintenance performed by a local Indy garage. In the past 5 years I have kept in touch with the Spears family, getting service advice. They remember you and know their vehicles inside and out. Always give good referrals on where to take the vehicle for needed repairs. I have referred a number of friends to them, who have also purchased vehicles from Kar Smart. All have had the same experience. Don't know about the others posts concerning bad experiences, as mine has been favorable.. They are Used Car dealers whose business is to sell cars. My advice, buy one still under factory warranty. If it is passed the warranty period, then get an independent inspection. Kar Smart has been around Lexington, KY for a long time with an A+ BBB rating. Cheaters in the high end car market don't last too long, so they must be doing something right.

October 29, 2012

I strongly discourage purchasing a vehicle from this car lot. My wife and I bought a 2005 Honda Odyssey from Kar Smart only to have the transmission g...ive out 2 weeks later. The car fax was clean, but our certified Honda mechanic was able to tell that it had been in at least one wreck and that the passenger door had been replaced. When I asked Tony about it later, he was extremely rude on the phone. Also, two months later, we still had not yet received the tag, title, and registration. If you want a positive experience, steer clear of Kar Smart.

October 29, 2012

June 7, 2012

I wasted an entire day with this place. I went to look at a few cars they had for sale, hoping one of them would meet my needs. The salesman that help...ed me, Todd, was pushy and manipulative. But what is worse, he tried to hide and explain away things that were wrong with the cars. Thankfully, I had the car checked out by a local garage before buying it. They found something (obviously) wrong that was never mentioned. I am thankful that I didn't buy the car. Still, I wasted my entire day. My advice is for everyone else to stay away!

June 18, 2011

This was our 1st attempt to purchase through internet. What a pleasant experience! This is a family owned and operated company. They did not have the ...fast-talking "car salesman" approach that I hate so. We were very pleased with the vehicle--the pictures couldn't give it justice. Immaculately clean, polished, runs beautifully. I really liked the free Carfax to view online prior to purchase. Paperwork done online; we were out the door with our new Highlander within an hour. Well worth the 460 mile trip to buy it. Would definitely recommend this dealer and purchase from again!

Kar Smart