Vail Buick, GMC

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

Service

Experience service writer who is friendly knowledgeable and helpful in providing timely service

very pleased

This was my first time at Vail Buick and it was a very pleasant experience! Everyone was so helpful and I am very happy with my new Encore gx! We got an asowme deal and I will definitely be recommending this dealer to family and friends!!

1.0

Clueless management

Wasted two hours waiting for them to figure out they couldn’t install a bed cover which had a factory recall on it when the truck was purchased. There excuse was the truck was purchased out a different dealer which got paid and that they would not be able to get paid. Dealership management rude from the start and refused to do anything to correct the situation unless I paid for it. A master at distorting words and a failure at customer service. Better suited to work at the McDonald’s across the street. I guess they only service customers who purchased from them, funny story I would have been there customer had they returned phone calls two months earlier. Amazing there still in business.

Dealer response

Thank you for reaching out to us. We regret to hear about the situation you have described. We'd like the opportunity to turn your experience around. Please reach out to us at (914) 816-2045 at your earliest convenience to discuss how we can turn this experience into a positive one.

1.0

Buyer Beware

I will NEVER buy another vehicle from this place. My husband and I bought a certified pre-owned Yukon Denali XL and two weeks after buying it we had to bring it in because the check engine light came on. It sat at the dealer for days before we got a call from service telling us we needed a brand new engine. Needless to say we were extremely pissed and told them we wanted to speak to someone in sales about replacing the vehicle because we were obviously sold a lemon. We left several messages for the sales managers and no one EVER returned our calls. We got GMC corporate involved and they told us Vail was not willing to work with us for getting a new vehicle and the best they would do is replace the engine. We weren’t given a choice and had to keep the truck. It took over a month for us to get the truck back. Shortly after picking it up I had to bring it back again because the DVD player stopped working, the heated seats don’t work and there was a problem with the gas gage. I had to wait over a week to get it back. I picked it up and only thing that was fixed was the gas gage. The heated seats still don’t work and I have to wait for a piece to come in to figure out what’s wrong with the DVD player. It’s a huge inconvenience for me to keep having to drop my truck off every few weeks because we were sold a lemon. I have 3 children, two of which are in car seats and I work full time. If I could give a zero rating I would.

Dealer response

Thank you for your feedback. We absolutely strive to provide our customers with an efficient and professional service experience, so we are disappointed to hear that yours was not up to par. Please contact us at (914) 816-2045 to discuss your concerns, as your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us.

1.8

Save yourself. Get another dealer. Caveat emptor.

Failed to return 3 phone calls. Yes, 3. Would not stand behind their product. Tried to claim a distance between the brand they sell and themselves as a dealership even though the brand name is part of their dealership name. AVOID

Dealer response

It's upsetting to hear that you did not receive the top-notch service we strive to provide. Please contact us at (914) 816-2045 when you have an opportunity, and we will be more than happy to try and turn your experience around.

2.4

$100 off sticker price!

In the day and age of Autotrader, nobody walks on a lot not knowing what a car is worth or what other similar cars are out there. You also walk in knowing that most dealers are getting somewhere in the range of 18-20% on a sale for a used car. You also walk on expecting to negotiate the sticker price. We were ready to buy a car with either cash or financing and we?re offered $100 off!!! Bahahahaha! That?s like what you?d be offered at Home Depot for a fridge. These people. To their credit, they did say that the offer was not meant to be insulting. Lolz. All in all, our Salesman was a sweet guy, clearly new but very nice. Sales manager was awkward and seemed uncomfortable with basic customer service strategies. Interesting experience. Trying to write a fair review here - both my husband and myself work in various aspects of sales/customer service. We are youngish, but this is definitely not the first time either of us has purchased a car.

Quick, easy, helpful

Quickly responded to my Internet inquiry. Very informative and helpful. Will buy from this dealership when the time is Right.

Dealer response

Thank you, Mike, for sharing your positive feedback. We're happy to hear that your internet inquiry was handled in professional and timely manner. We look forward to serving you in the future!

easy quick and no hassle

Let me start by saying my credit is poor and I'm a Rican from the Bronx. I applied online and was pre approved. Ofcourse was not sure if I was being lead to a dead end I spoke to the customer agents and was surely approved as they tried many banks to help. Explained whole process clearly. Also offered to pick me up from nearby train. After calling insurance then finally arriving met a wonderful and welcome staff. I did not feel out of place. Signed and swiped away. Car was washed and prepped even before arriving making it the quickest car transaction ever. Thanks to this dealer I rode off into the weekend in new cts-v. All this done between 11am-1pm.

Great service!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was greeted upon arrival and offered coffee. Car was serviced earlier than scheduled appointment and was finished quickly. this was my 3rd time using the service department and each time has been an excellent experience. thanks

Great service

I brought my truck in for routine service, there were recalls found,so I was told it would take a day to correct everything, I was given a rental car on the spot, and my truck was ready for pickup the next morning at 9am. It was a quick easy process, that didn't require me spending a whole day at the dealership. I would recommend Vail GMC/Buick to anyone interested in working with a top notch dealership.