4.6 out of 5 (4.6) 649 reviews

649 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Jim Keras Chevrolet from DealerRater.com

• October 2, 2012

George and Louann were very pleasant, knowledgeable, and motivated to help me get the right car for me and stay within my budget. There was no pressur...e other than helping me get what I wanted and working with me in order to get it done. Both George and Louann were very easy to talk to and they made sure that what they told me wa exactly what happened. George has even agreed to switch out my wheels to a style that I like more. I can see me buying from them again.

June 6, 2018

We went to look at a vehicle they had listed online. We had the car salesman send us pictures and videos of the vehicle before making the trip. We fil...led out the pre approval application online and were good to go. We traveled the 4 hours to get there and upon arrival, we notice several things wrong with the truck that were not depicted in the pictures or mentioned to us. We discussed our issues with the salesman and proceeded to the negotiation. During that process, we went back and fourth a couple times with whoever is over the numbers. (You don’t get to talk to them face to face, the car salesman does) Anyway, after discussing our final offer they come back with an offer that was higher than our first original offer. It was ridiculous! So we left without making a deal. An hour or so after we left, they dropped the price of the vehicle online substantially. We waited and looked for others in our area and had no luck. So we decided to try again. We contacted the sales guy and after some more negotiating, we agreed to a price. He told us it would be detailed and ready to go once we got there. So we traveled the four hour one way trip to pick up the truck. Told them our eta so they could have everything ready, as we had to get back home to our kids. We got there and started going over the paperwork. They had already chosen a bank and loan term for us, instead of discussing that with us before hand. The rest of the paperwork we signed and then we had to wait forever for the finance guy. So we waited over an hour for him. Once we got to him, we discussed everything and started the signing process there. While signing papers I noticed that they had upped the sale price on the vehicle and it was not the online price as advertised. When I mentioned it to the finance guy he went and checked with the numbers guy and he said they just changed it. I told them it was changed the previous week when we left the first time. After some tense discussion, they honored the price we had already agreed too. Finally we have signed papers. And the truck is ours. We get in the truck and it hasn’t been detailed. There was greasy hand marks on the handles and seats. The doors were dusty and dirty, the leather had mud on them. It was ridiculous the condition this vehicle was in when they knew we were coming to get it. When you’re paying 30k+ for a vehicle, you figure a nice touch up would be the least they could do. And I haven’t even gotten to the worse of it. They told us that this truck has gone through every test and inspection and everything is in tip top working order. Once we headed our long journey home, guess what happened?! 25 miles into our trip, the check engine light comes on. And then the DEF fluid light comes on. So here we are trying to find a truck stop to add fluid to this thing that supposedly was in great running condition. We get to the truck stop, add some DEF fluid and nothing happens. The errors are still on the dash. We drove it some more thinking maybe it will take some time for the sensors to kick in. Nope. Even stopped for some more DEF fluid. Nothing. And for those of you who don’t know, it restricts your speed when this error comes on. It goes from max speed of 65 to 55 to 4mph over the course of 200 miles. Thank God we only had 155 miles to go before we made it home. But traveling that far only going 55mph took for a very long trip. Of course there is no warranty on the vehicle. So we are about to be screwed out of another $2,000+ just to get this “ pristine “ vehicle where we can actually drive it. It worries me about what else may be wrong with this thing. Just fair warning. If it doesn’t feel right from the get go, don’t try to make it right in your head. God was trying to warn us the first time not to buy this thing from them.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear that you did not have a good purchase experience. It is our goal that eve...ry customer leaves our dealership completely satisfied. Our management team will be reviewing your comments.

May 22, 2018

I would like to say a BIG thank you to Martavius Wood for a great car buying experience. Your knowledge, professionalism, and customer service was gre...at! You made the dreaded car buying process a breeze. If you want someone to help get you a great deal on your next vehicle, Martavius is your guy.

We're glad to hear you had such a great purchase experience. We appreciate the comments about Martavius. Enjoy your new vehicle!

May 10, 2018

Drove onto the lot. Met by Martavius Wood. He was very knowledgable about the product I wanted. I did not feel hassled. He made the car buying experie...nce very smooth. This young man was very courteous and professional.

Jim Keras Chevrolet

Thanks DENICE69, for taking the time and sharing your purchasing experience with Martavius. We hope you enjoy your new vehicle, and have a great afte...rnoon!

April 26, 2018

I had a great experience at Jim Keras (Covington Pike in Memphis Tenn.) from the time I got out my car until I left.My salesperson was Mr.Martavius ... Wood.He was very professional and explained everything to me in detail and never tried to rush me even though the hour got long. (No lunch break).He had a great sense of humor and was very patient with this senior citizen.Thank you so much Mr.Wood for making my first experience at buying a new car really great.God bless you!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We'll pass along the kind words to Martavius. Enjoy your new car!

March 27, 2018

My vehicle needed a 105k mile service. On their website, they have this posted for $369.99. They call me back 1 hr after the scheduled service was to ...begin saying the transmission fluid replacement alone (part of the 105k mile service) was over $300 and the total cost was more than $1100. I informed David that the price online was $369.99 for the service which includes transmission fluid replacement, spark plug replacement, and transfer case fluid replacement. He said he would look in to this and call me right back. 3 Hours later, I hadn't heard anything, so I called back. He informed me my price was correct. Great! I guess, I will come down and pick it up soon since you said it would be ready around lunch time. Well, they may or may not have started yet, and it won't be ready until 5...possibly. In summary-you try to charge me 3x what your own website states is the price, then you don't return phone calls, then you don't start the work until after it was already suppose to be completed???? This was strike 2. Strike 1 was about a year ago when they forgot about my vehicle all together. They didn't do the service and then they didn't lock up the keys in the safe (where they keep keys after the shop closes), and I had to go with the manager to check every mechanics bench to find the keys laying around the shop after it had closed. Apparently locking them up for the night is optional. There were a dozen or so keys laying around on various benches or even the ground. But not mine. They weren't in the shop. Guess where they were. In the truck, which was in the parking lot, still waiting to get the service I had scheduled. Good thing it wasn't stolen.

Jim Keras Chevrolet

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We apologize for the confusion over the pricing and the delay in repairing your ve...hicle. There was an issue with our online scheduling tool providing incorrect pricing for some of our mileage packages. This issue has been resolved. Unfortunately, there was a delay in starting your repairs while your service advisor got management approval to honor the incorrect internet price; which they did. We should have done a better job of keeping you informed. Your concerns have been addressed with the employees involved.

March 24, 2018

My Husband and I were very pleased with our new car buying experience. Service was good , we always felt we were catered to and salesman, Mr K and ch...elsey Lowery listened to our needs and delivered a great car and price . Will shop here again

Jim Keras Chevrolet

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your business.

March 3, 2018

I recently purchased a vehicle from Jim Keras Chevrolet in Memphis, TN. Mr. George Gully and his staff treated me with great dignity and respect. They... went above and beyond to ensure that all my purchase expectations were met. From the beginning of the vehicle purchase to the end, they did not play any games, and most of all the final price was exactly as negotiated with (no last-minute surprises). Tim Muse in finance was very professional and polite. He took great care of me. If you are looking to purchase a vehicle, look no further than this team at Jim Keras Chevrolet for complete satisfaction.

Jim Keras Chevrolet

Thank you for the kind words about our team. We appreciate your business!

February 6, 2018

my salesman did a great job ! will send people to him wonderful luv my ride thanks thanks my husband worked hard an so did the sales man I got what I ...wont !!!!!

Jim Keras Chevrolet

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Enjoy your ride!

February 5, 2018

I was looking for a good used car for my granddaughter. I found a good car at a good dealership. The employees at Jim keras are professionals. I w...as pre approved. It made the transaction even easier. I would buy from them again, and would recommend them.

Thank Allen, for taking the time and sharing your and your granddaughter's purchasing experience. We appreciate your business, and welcome to the Jim... Keras Family!