(4.8) 70 reviews

New Used Service

70 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Ed Howard Mazda from DealerRater.com
  • Smooth as silk transaction
    January 24, 2018

To summarize...I called and spoke with Jon Zimmerman and simply laid out my needs/wants and financial structure. He listened and did not try to steer ...me away from my initial needs. He provided the precise car I was looking for, in fact a certified pre-owned, which was fine. I am pleased thus far and am spreading the word to all who ask about my beautiful "new" Mazda6. The entire time spent talking model, price and then the closing of docs...maybe totaled 45 minutes. Great job at cutting thru the nonsense and simply providing what the consumer wanted...that was my experience.

• smooth process
    January 20, 2018

Marcelo made the buying process relatively easy by providing assistance with the sales manager in negotiating a fair price plus arranging storage for... the purchased vehicle.

• Ed Howard Mazda Sarasota
    January 4, 2018

Simple negotiations on buying car, helpful pleasant staff who were willing to discuss the best deal. There was a delay in picking up the car due to Ba...nk Holiday and transfer of money and they were very accommodating that collecting the car be delayed for a further day,

Overall Experience

• "Brought back the pleasure of buying a new vehicle."
    December 9, 2017

Good morning Mr. Colberg(Sales Mgr), I first wanted to take the time to give my thanks and full appreciation regarding our lease transaction under th...e fine handling of Stephan Wilkinson(Executive Salesman) , to include Jon Zimmerman(Finance Mgr). Don and I first experienced your dealership 3 years ago, after moving here from San Diego we decided due to having our dogs that our Audi A4 was not going to be a smart decision to transport the our two dogs. From the moment we stepped into your dealership we felt at home. The entire staff was extremely friendly and non aggressive which sold us right off the back. This interaction won us over to know that we would not deal with any other dealership in Florida. A couple of days ago we renewed Don's lease with a 2017 CX5, which by the way is such a beautiful vehicle in handling and style. I decided since I was selling my Subaru Impreza because of back conditions brought on from herniated disc leaving me unable to sit in a low condition any longer, to upgrade to a new 2018 CX5 Sport. Don and I had already made the decision to do this after researching the vehicles on the market. The close of the deal for both of us was the professional, attentive, knowledgeable Stephen Wilkinson who walked us through the painless experience of getting two leases with your dealership. Stephen made sure that all our needs were exceeded with such care and professionalism to make us feel like family. I understand the importance of quality and exceeding expectations in customer interaction because I come from the Hilton Worldwide family of Hawaii to include California offices before settling here in Florida, where I now work for Costco, Sarasota. One interaction such as the excellent one we experience we have with Stephen, secures that our family and friends will only hear about Ed Howard Mazda as the company for any of their auto needs. I also want to give out a big thank you and extreme appreciation to Jon Zimmerman, who made us feel so honored to deal with such a professional to include efficient handling of our transaction. Jon made our questions about every part of the deal so painless that we both truly thank him for his help in the transactions. Coming from years in the hospitality and banking industry this talent is not so common in today's market which makes it refreshing that we have the opportunity of dealing with Jon, who also made us feel like family, not numbers. On another note I just wanted to make sure that this was acknowledged that Stephen and Jon are truly an asset to Ed Howard Mazda and the Russell family. The purpose of my email was also to ask if you could forward this to Stephen and Jon to say thank you for us. I just have one favor to ask in closing because I forgot to check on something on the CX3 accessories. Is it possible to add the Mazda mobile start and the frameless auto dimming rearview mirror with home link to my lease contract? I forgot to ask about this when I was there because we were having such a pleasant time with your staff. Thank you once again and I look forward to continuing support Ed Howard Mazda to our Florida friends and my Costco customers. Joyfully, Ralph & Don Russell 6960 Stetson Street Cir Sarasota, FL 34243

Ed Howard Mazda

Donald and Ralph Russell it is a true pleasure working with previous customers and great people that truly respect us for what we do. It's always a pl...easure making customers happy and supplying a great product that can be enjoyed and we look forward to your business in 3 years when you return. Steve and Jon are a true asset to our company and hope they can help your friends and family that are looking for a New Mazda or Pre-Owned vehicle. Thank you very much for your business and kind words.

• This car dealership is nice to work with
    December 3, 2017

These people have been pleasant to deal with from the first day I bought my car to the oil changes as well...

• Pleasant Experience Buying a Car!
    October 27, 2017

I have been buying cars for over 40 years. My prior car had been in great condition, so I didn't need a car, but was just upgrading technology. ...So I had been looking for the right car this time for over a year, visiting many dealerships and test driving many cars. When I finally settled on the CX-5, I visited the Ed Howard dealership and met Steve Wilkinson. I test drove the car with Steve. It was a good test drive because he didn't sit there talking a lot as many other car sales people do, so you can listen to the engine and road noise and really concentrate on how it drives. I went home and read more about the CX-5, and went back to test drive it again. Steve was able to answer every question I had about the car. I was offered a good price and a reasonable trade in. Steve was very pleasant to deal with throughout the entire process. Steve made this a no pressure car purchase. I had told my husband afterward that I thought that the entire experience was actually very easy and pleasant. I am very happy with the CX-5 which I've driven 3000 miles so far-- it hasn't needed service yet so I haven't rated that below.

• Bent over backwards
    October 13, 2017

Searching for a car for my 16-year-old son. Very exciting time for him and we went to multiple dealers and looked at many cars. This dealer was great.... Ethan Barriball, our sales person, went out of his way to make sure this was a great experience. They didn't have the exact car and he drove an hour on his day off the next day to pick up the right car. When that dealership couldn't find the keys to the car and it was being delayed another day, he drove three hours to another city to get the car. The manager, Peter, was also very friendly and neither one was pushy. This resulted in a low stress very positive experience and it's a fabulous car !

Overall Experience

• Wonderful experience. Great salespeople.
    September 26, 2017

I would highly recommend Steve Wilkinson, and the rest of the employees. A real pleasant buying experience. Could not have been more helpful, and I ...would certainly come back to Ed Howard Mazda

• Great Experience
    September 24, 2017

I visited Ed Howard Mazda to look at a new CX-5 the day after a hurricane had hit. I was not expecting to be able to do much because of the storm (mo...st of the dealerships in town were closed), however I was greeted very promptly by Steve and was able to test drive a CX-5 that day. I was impressed by how pleasant Steve was to work with and felt like he valued me as a person and a customer. He answered any questions I had and went to extra lengths to make sure I had the information I needed in order to make a decision. I came in the next day and was able to complete the whole car buying process in about an hour. Everyone was very prompt and prepared to assist. Additionally, I felt like I was a valued customer and that they were appreciative of my business. I've had my new Mazda for a little over a week now, and I love driving it!

Overall Experience

• Pressure free, helpful and a great experience!
    July 24, 2017

Steve W. was a pleasure to work with on our car purchase. He provided us with a wealth of knowledge on the CX-5 making our decision simply. Thank yo...u to Steve and Bruce at Ed Howard Mazda for making this purchase a great experience!!!

7048 South Tamiami Trail Sarasota, FL 34231