Diamond Mazda

4.7 out of 5 (4.7) 11 reviews

Call This Dealer

• Great Purchase Experience
    October 8, 2012

I absolutely love doing business with Diamond Mazda. The entire crew had a positive attitude, very knowledgeable sales staff and fun finance manager. ...I didn't feel like I was pressured, the salesman Kris, did a remarkable job of educating me about the new Mazda stuff. He took his time to explain all the features and controls, because at first, I felt like I was sitting in a 747...lol. There are plenty of controls in the new CX5, and he made sure I knew how to operate all of them. The finance man, I forgot his name, he was very helpful in explaining all of the loan options. I got the extended warranty and gap insurance that way I know I am protected. I used gap insurance before, so that was a no brainer! The service department is always clean, and the service writer was very prompt in getting the oil changed. I highly recommend this dealership.

First-time buyer
    May 23, 2017

Johnny was friendly, informative, and low pressure -- gave a great test drive, cut a fair deal, and provided a positive experience for this first-time... buyer.

Enjoyed working with Johnny, knowledgable and fair
    April 23, 2017

Bought a new Mazda3. Got a good price on the car and a fair value for my trade. Nice people to work with, no pressure or stress during the process. Jo...hnny (the salesman) was kind and enthusiastic. Excellent communication throughout, as I drove over to Baton Rouge from Mississippi to buy the car. The car was clean and ready to go when I arrived! I would definitely make the drive again to work with this dealership.

Professional & Helpful Service Dept
    October 29, 2016

We recently purchased a '97 Miata. This was our first service. We were not impressed with the New Orleans area dealers so we took a ride up to Baton R...ouge because we'd heard good things about Diamond. They were professional, helpful and friendly. They performed an oil change & tire rotation. They consulted with us over the use of synthetic vs. conventional oil in a car with over 135K miles. They knew this was the first time we were servicing the car. We didn't ask, but they let us know that our car had been well maintained and was in good shape as claimed by the dealer in Tulsa where we purchased the car. Overall this was a positive experience. We will bring the Miata back to Diamond.

Terrible service experience
    February 8, 2015

I had my daughter bring her car in for minor service (oil change & replace ONE low beam headlight) against my better judgment. They took advantage of ...her. We specifically told them to change only ONE bulb - the one that was out. The other bulb was still under warranty from this same dealer. The bill was double their original quote. The oil change was double AND they gave us a $20 mail-in rebate that was expired! We will never use or recommend Diamond Mazda to anyone!

Mr. Caillet, First, we want to say that it is always distressing to hear that someone has had a bad experience at our dealership. Especially in our se...rvice department because that is where people come expecting help with something that is not working properly. We try to make that experience as painless as possible in a fair and business like manner. We would also point out that it is even more difficult to sort out the situation when the person relaying the information was not actually present during the events in question. However, we want to try to resolve your issues with your daughter¿s recent visit and hope we can get to bottom of the obvious miscommunication. After going over your daughters file we seem to have some conflicting information so we will attempt to contact you personally to see how best to resolve this to your satisfaction. For the public record we feel it necessary to state our view of your daughter¿s visit. According to our records, she made an appointment and brought her vehicle in requesting an oil change and that ONE low headlamp be changed out. After she arrived we gave her an initial quote for those services of approximately $166. After doing a full inspection of her vehicle we also recommended several other services, which she declined. She agreed to the $166 repair cost and asked us to do the work. As is sometimes the problem with service issues, upon further inspection the technician discovered an additional issue. He found that BOTH her low beam bulbs were out. Apparently, because of this your daughter had been driving around with her HIGH beams on, this is why the issue was not immediately apparent when she brought the car in. Since your daughter was in our waiting room the problem was brought to her attention while her car was still with the technician. It was explained to her that the second low beam bulb was also burned out and in fact, technically, no longer under warrantee. (That second bulb carried a 12 Month, 12,000 mile warrantee. It was replaced 11 months ago but your vehicle had an additional 14,000 miles on it so, was no longer in warrantee.) However, in an effort to offer some help, our technician agreed to replace the second bulb for parts cost only ($30.00) and with no additional labor cost to install it. Your daughter authorized this $30 addition to her repair order. So her finally bill was $199.98 plus tax. $30 more that she was initially quoted for ONE bulb and her oil change but certainly not double. Additionally, our department cashier applied two on line coupons to her bill to try and help reduce her cost. This was all in an effort to make sure she was safely driving around with TWO fully functioning low beam headlights. As for the $20 mail in rebate she was offered. Point well taken. The oil company (Castrol) that makes those coupons available to us IS still honoring the coupons even though the expiration date is past. They had asked us to continue to issue them to customers. However, in retrospect we can see how they would be confusing to the customer. We have discontinued issuing the ¿expired¿ coupons and replaced them with some newer ones with the proper dates. However, Castrol will honor the coupon you are holding so we encourage you to mail it in to receive your rebate. We hope this allows you to see our prospective on this issue but as promised, we will attempt to personally contact you to see if there is anything additional we can do to show you that we value your business and your opinion of our dealership.

Very Satisfied Customer
    February 16, 2014

Kris Morales made my buying process the easiest ever. thanks so much for customizing my CX-5 and being honest, direct and true to your word! thanks ag...ain!

Mitchell L. Guidry Jr.
    December 3, 2013

I was a previous CX-9 Mazda owner, and I was looking all over the city of New Orleans and Mississippi to find the type of vehicle I had. I search the ...entire Gulf Coast region looking to replace my vehicle which was totaled. I went on line an got a reply back from Kris Morales of Diamond Mazda in Baton Rouge, LA. We communicated via text which made my transaction to purchase the vehicle very smooth. I drove out to Baton Rouge to seal the deal, which was the best offer I could find in the region. Because we had pre-approved everything ahead of time I was in out of the dealership within one hour. That's my way of doing business!!!! Mitch Guidry

Now this is how to buy a car!!!
    November 29, 2013

I was hooked on Honda until I went to buy my fifth one and got more hustle than help at the dealership, so I did my research and decided to give Mazda... a try. I can't tell you how amazing the experience was at Diamond Mazda. No hustle, no hassle and no "let me ask the manager" stalls. Our salesperson James Zimmerle met us outside and we immediately test drove the car we were interested in. A few minutes later we were quoted full blue-book trade value for our car and then he gave us an awesome deal on the new CX5. I appreciate straight talk and no hustle, especially since we are older. Total time at dealer was less than two hours from test drive to driving home and I can appreciate that they valued my time too. They actually made buying a new car "Fun" and its been a long time since I've said that.

Diamond Mazda rocks!
    August 22, 2013

Diamond Mazda rocks! The salesman and finance manager are awesome! They definitely make you feel comfortable and the purchasing process is quick and p...ainless! Everyone should go see Shaun!

Friendly not too pushy salesmen in used car dept
    February 10, 2013

The facility left a bit to be desired, but my salesman was willing to assist without being pushy.

Diamond Mazda