1.0
  • Look out

I went the dealership because of a flier received in the mail. As soon as my feet hit the ground, a salesman ushered me into the lobby and proceeded to take my personal information. He went into an office and went outside to pull a vehicle up, never asked how much I was willing to spend, or what I wanted for my payment. They chose the vehicle for me. I had not looked at a single vehicle at this point. After the test drive, the salesman presents a paper for the down payment I don't have payment that was almost as muck as my mortgage. than he changed that to a payment that is more than I told them I could afford. The new payment was still above what I said I could afford and I told them that would be a repo. That didn't phase them. I was told banks don't repo anymore they do payment plans . REALLY. They than gave me a new payment, still above what I said I could afford, but that Part would be paid through a payment help program, but after 6 months I could refinance. So you're selling me a car that out the door you, as I have stated, I cant afford still doesn't matter TO THEM. I tell them I want my keys back and have to ask 3 times. It wasn't until I started to get an attitude that I was able to get my key, license, and proof of insurance back. That's right they asked for my licensee and insurance, and after making the necessary copies for the test drive did not give them back. I have never had to ask, as the dealer never kept my stuff. Do not go there for a vehicle, they don't care if you can afford it or not. They just want their commission. If you like high pressure sales and salespeople that only want to make the sale, and not worry about putting you in the poor house, than by all means go to them. Otherwise go to a reputable dealer. This is not a criticism of Ford Just Chatom Ford. I will be contacting Ford, I'm sure they would like to know of the tactics Chatom Ford is implying.