Sumter Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram

(4.1) 19 reviews

Call This Dealer

New Used Service

4.1
  • The BEST car buying experience ever!

My wife and I bought a new 2017 Charger SXT Plus from the Sumter dealership in August. This was the most pleasant experience we've ever had buying a ...car- and we're almost 60 years old. George Mitchell (Sales Manager) quoted us a price OVER THE PHONE for this car that included everything-even taxes and title...everything. The final price out the door was exactly the one quoted by Mr. Mitchell. Ron Heller(Salesman) was very thorough and friendly in showing us the car, and we test drove it. From Megan(Meghan?) at the front desk to the wonderful finance man everything was exceptional start to finish. We haven't used the service folks yet. Don't know where the negative reviews for these good folks came from, but they almost kept me from considering going to this dealership...Boy that would've been a bad mistake!

• Me.doty

Me. Singleton sold me a great vehicle for my wife’s Xmas. Couldn’t be happier with the customer service he gave.

• Communication

Poor communication. Would not quote me a price. I am unable to get to Sumter, trying to buy car for my duahter. Sales manager would not discuss pric...e with me and I find out car was sold before we spoke.

• Great service!

Just got my new Jeep Patriot from them and George Mitchell couldn't have been nicer or easier to work with! He actually works for you and tells you th...e truth rather than just trying to get you in anything and out the door.

• Customer

I would do it all over again. Mike was very professional.

• Had a great experience

Went in looking for another second vehicle and everyone was very polite and patient, and manager George Mitchell was very helpful and for my husband ...the car he wanted

• Great Service, Great Management & Great Experience

I have purchased many cars from Sumter Chrysler Jeep Ram over the years, from new cars to used cars. My experience each and every time has been wonder...ful. Recently, I went in as a single woman and was worried that I would be taken advantage of. That was not the case at all. I purchased a vehicle from George Mitchell. I researched the car, researched the price and I was given a good and fair deal based on my research. Mr. Mitchell didn't talk down to me or try to sell me something I didn't want. He listened to what I wanted and gave me suggestions. At no time was he a "pushy" salesman. I would purchase from him again. (I even referred my daughter to him and she purchased a vehicle as well.) From the salesman to the finance manager, everyone treated me wonderful and very respectful. I also want to say the finance manager helped me a lot as well and explained things very thoroughly. I have used the service department in the past and that is the reason that I keep returning to this dealership. They have always treated me with respect and explained what they did or what was needed. My entire family has shopped from this dealership and purchased vehicles, from my son and daughter to myself. We have purchased new and used cars and based on our experience, we will be repeat customers.

• Poor customer service

I went into the Sumter Chrysler Dodge on February 15, 2016 and was so disappointed in the poor customer service received from two gentlemen at the fro...nt desk. I waited outside in the drive through for about 5 minutes then decided to go in and was ignored as the two gentlemen at the front desk work on the computer and one was on the phone. I finally went to the cashier desk and a woman was kind enough to help me and she said the two gentlemen at the front could answer my concerns or questions but they were still too busy and I stood there waiting to be acknowledged. It would not have taken a second to say Good afternoon Mam we will be with you shortly, thank you for coming in...etc No matter the size of your business, excellent customer service needs be at the heart of your business model if you wish to be successful. It is important to provide good customer service to all types of customers, including potential, new and existing customers.

Ma'am, We are very sorry about your experience. Since this incident, we have hired an exceptional service manager and most of our service writers are... new as well. We realize that customer service is a number one priority and we strive to accomplish this long after the purchase using our exclusive Customers for Life Program. Please feel free to come by and see all the changes we have made for yourself. Thanks in Advance, George Mitchell and your friends at Sumter Chrysler

• NEW VEHICLE PURCHASE

This dealer is more concerned about getting your money than customer service. They present you with blank forms to sign and tell you they don't know h...ow to fill them out and that the girls in the office will fill them out later. They advertise a customer for life program but when you ask for something in writing they tell you that its not needed. When you insist they fill out one form and try to sent you out the door. On the one form for free engines for life it states another form is required to be completed. At first they said there was no other form but I insisted. They finally found it and completed it. I hope i get better customer service from their service department.

I apoligize the the customer for life program wasn't explained to you correctly. We do thank you for your business.

• Don't Go Here! EVER!

In August of 2014 my brother and I helped my parents get a car from this dealership. To begin my parents needed a car desperately. We felt like we we...re pushed into buying the car they have due to the dealership believing that would be the only car they could get financed. About a month after buying the car we took it back to the dealership due to there being a problem with the transmission. We spoke with their head machanic who test drove the car and told us that was normal for the car there was nothing wrong with the transmission. We left, brought the car back a few weeks later to have the oil changed got the car back and had parts missing from under the hood! My father went back and was told they couldn't find the missing parts but it wouldn't hurt the performance of the car for them to be gone. Since we got the car we have had nothing but problems. We went back to the dealership about a week ago to see if we could trade the car in on a better car! The sales manger test drove the car and came back and told us they never should have sold us the car to begin with and they would make things right by us. Again we were told we had to pick from certain cars and was told we would need x amount of money to put down. They car they picked still had a warranty and the dealership decided they needed to add a additional warranty without consulting or asking if we would like to purchase the extended warranty! My sister whom at this point was got to help finance the car who also has perfect credit was told she would be informed before any deal was signed. The dealership never contacted my sister to present the deal with her (she lives in North Carolina and was not able to be here). The dealership proceeded to have my father sign paperwork with us under the impression that she knew! After she was given the final information by my parents she cancelled the deal! The finance manger and car salemen went as far as telling my sister she was going to be leaving my parents stranded due to her not being willing to accept there offer! Very unprofessional! From that point my family was treated horribly! My sister proceeded to ask if she came in with cash to buy the car what kind of deal could be made. The manger said he would not discount or work a deal out on the price of the car or he wouldn't make any money! The car was bought at an auction so the dealership would be making a big profit on the car even if the price of the car came down! Overall this dealership is horrible! They lie and have no respect for the people that come to support their business by buying cars from them. They also don't honor their product they sale! If you are looking to be screwed over or to be given the run around while sitting in the dealership all day this would be the place to go! If you prefer to get a good deal take you business to Columbia!

Dear Carissa, We are very sorry to hear about the poor experience you had. You will be pleased to know that we have changed most of the Sales and Serv...ice staff from the Sales managers to the service writers. We have also updated the facilities and the support of our existing customers. We would like to invite you so that you may see first hand the changes we have made. We strive to keep customer satisfaction a number one priority using our exclusive Customers for Life Program. If there is anything we can do to help you in the future please come see for yourself and let us change your mindset about our dealership. Thanks in advance, George Mitchell and your friends at Sumter Chrysler

Sumter Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram