2.3
  • Customer service and technician work

My elderly mother and grandfather took their Chevy Impala to Edenton Motors for some repairs in Edenton NC. There were some wiring matters that needed to be corrected. Well my 65 year old mother was told that they had to replace some bad wiring which was causing her problem. To her belief it was corrected. A month later the same problem arose again. The car put her down in Raleigh NC with the temperature being 98 degrees that day. We had the vehicle towed to a near by Chevy dealership to have it checked it out. We were informed that the same wiring matter is what was causing the issue but we were also informed that the work which was done by Edenton Motors prior was not done correctly. The wiring was not applied correctly and also there was some missed wiring that should have been fixed by Edenton Motors when repairing the other issue as well. I called the dealership and their response to me was maybe my elderly mother had someone else to do more work after them and that they would not honor paying for the repairs that we had to get fixed again because of their lack of integrity when doing work to her vehicle. Not only did this problem caused my mother to be stranded but once we got to her she had to pay additional $647 dollars in repairs due to the bad auto services provide by Edenton Motors. A month prior to my mother being stranded, she had just paid Edenton Motors $250 to fix the wiring which was not done correctly. The service manager was not helpful and refuse to repay or pay for the services that was not done correctly. The wiring issue caused major problems to other areas of her vehicle. We had the technicians in Raleigh verify all the problems. The service manager at Edenton Motors was not helpful and basically made my elderly mother seem as if she was not truthful about her request. The Service Manager, team and owner should be honorable in this matter.

• Highly Disappointed!

I made an appointment to have my car diagnosed when my check engine light came on. This appointment was made on Friday afternoon. I dropped my car off Sunday night so that it would be there first thing Monday morning. I waited all day to hear from someone to tell me what was going on. At 4:00, I called and they told me that they were looking at it right then. I had to rent a car since I knew that it would not be completed that afternoon. Being that they don't close until 7, I fully expected to hear from there that evening. Tuesday morning I still had heard nothing. I again called and they told me that the technician was just communicating the findings. I waited on hold for a lengthy time and when the receptionist returned she gave me an outrageous estimate. I questioned why no one had contacted me and all she could say was "I don't know, we were busy". I chose this particular shop because it is a local business. I however will NEVER return nor will I recommend them.

• GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

I didn't purchase the vehicle here but the salesman was very attentive trying to find the car for me..