Gillie Hyde Auto Group

852 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

September 14, 2020

I first started servicing my vehicle here when I moved into town. They folks were so friendly that when it came time to look for a new car I stopped here... first. I checked other dealerships but I kept coming back to Gillie Hyde for the prices and how friendly they are. They are great and I'm very happy!

September 5, 2020

bought a used bmw, overpaid for it, 2 weeks later a tie rod breaks, month after that the fan motor blades break, belts wont stay on and a pully is chipped,... ive paid more in repairs than the car cost to buy, $7,000. I still have it, in the garage, wont run or start, dont buy from them, check prices online, they charge alot more here too.

• October 29, 2019

Good experience. My salesman Stuart treated me very well. He is really good at his job; very helpful, insightful and knows his vehicles. Recommend to anyone!

April 15, 2020

We contacted Charmaine at Gillie Hyde to purchase a new Edge. With the shutdown, she handled everything on the phone for us from photos of available vehicles,... to financing, to setting up a time to come by. When we arrived, I felt like I was talking to an old friend. There was no sales pressure at all. Charmaine was so nice. She took us for a test drive, explained all the "bells and whistles" on the car and answered all of my questions. Charmaine went above and beyond for us and put us in the perfect car! Thanks so much for your courtesy and professionalism.

January 23, 2020

Please think twice before dealing with these people; they are very dishonest. I am an unusual buyer. I have a Ph.D. in accounting and am a CPA. I buy... a used car every other year, and drive it for a couple of years. I was in the process of buying a car in my home town in Tennessee, and saw their car in my preferred color on the Web. Since it was $2000 more expensive, I called them and we agreed on a price plus tax and title (I was very clear no additional fees since they were already higher than the dealer in town). I drove two hours to their dealership in Ky. When they told me the payments, I knew they had added about $650 to the price. I have an app that calculates the taxes and title fees for my county in Tennessee, and another app that calculates the payments based on the final price. When I told them they had added fees, they tried to say that these were required by my state (A big fat lie). Finally, they said they had charged for doc fees, etc. (just additional profit, especially on used cars). As I told them, I was very clear what I would pay, and they had agreed no fees. They thought, that after driving two hours, I would pay the additional amount. But, like I told them, I don't give my business to dishonest people. The manager called me on the way home asking "what can I do to get your business"? He offered no apologies or anything, he just wanted to sell me the car. I told him that I was too upset to ever buy a car off of them. I waisted a day of my time dealing with them. The bait and switch they pulled on me is illegal. However, I made the mistake of being in a hurry and not getting an email or something with all the details. They are a dishonest bunch. I have bought cars all over the Southeast (Louisville, Lexington, Nashville, Atlanta, Memphis, etc.) and have never had a problem once we agreed on a price plus tax and title only. Dealers like this one are the reason buyers are shopping more and more at places like Carmax and Carvarna, where the price and fees are upfront and posted for all to see. I will be picking up my car in a couple of days at Carmax once it arrives from Georgia. I hope this review helps someone from being taken by this bunch.

December 5, 2019

The staff at Gillie Hyde was very friendly, and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend Lauren to others! Lauren was very friendly and made sure to... work with me while making a deal on a vehicle!

December 5, 2019

Really good experience. Michael and Jesse are very good. Micheal is good at what he does. Very persistent but doesn't get on your nerves. Jesse did great... with the paperwork

December 3, 2019

I went to looking to buy a used truck I saw off their Facebook add. After driving it I decided I wanted to buy it. Before they ever done any credit checks... another salesman named Stewart told us we couldn’t buy the truck then showed us a brand new car. We discussed what payment would be comfortable for me and he said he couldn’t do the deal so we left. After driving all the way home to Scottsville he called and said he could do the deal so we turned around and went back. All this time we had 4 hungry kids with us. So when we get back he gives us the paperwork to sign the deal we get all the way thru it till the last signature and he goes into the office not telling us anything. He then comes out and writes the payment we would be paying on the car. It was $50 more a month than the agreed payment he said he had for us when he asked us to come back. We were there for a total of 5 hours including the trip to Scottsville and back. Needless to say there was no deal. This guy is a liar and no way I would recommend him or this dealership. And I have bought cars from them in the past but I will not go back

December 3, 2019

The salesman was nice at first am promised he would make sure my car was safe and dependable I have owed my car for two weeks the breaks and rotors are... costing me big bucks to fix and I am disabled on a fixed income

Update: Sharon was taken care of by our service department.

October 12, 2019

Traded for a 2013 Nissan Rogue had one day found out the Transmission was bad. Cost to repair was $4000. they said I had to pay $200 of it. When I went... back to finish the deal, they wanted me to put more money down for the car I said no. They then said they could not make a deal through the bank and returned my trade in still have not got my down payment back or the title to my van. They are a sorry dealership and I will never deal with them again.