Pinkerton Chevrolet

4.1 out of 5 (4.1) 18 reviews

June 1, 2018

Everyone was very kind helpful and knowledgeable. The dealership was very clean and pleasant.

We're glad to hear you found our staff was so knowledgeable and helpful! Thank you so much again for your feedback! We hope you have a great day!

April 19, 2018

Pinkerton is and always will be my go to place for any vehicle services I need. They are always accommodating, professional and friendly. It is a tr...ue pleasure dealing with the Pinkerton Family.

December 19, 2017

Pinkerton Chevy (Salem) is my service location of choice, because of the great Service Department staff. When they schedule you, they get you in prom...ptly and I find that your car is ready when they say it will be. Further, the cost estimate is fair and accurate. They really do treat you like family. I have been going there for years for service and they are just plain good, professional, and friendly. I would give them six stars, but the scale doesn't go that high. Sincerely, Joe Kershner

Fuzzface Joe, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at Pinkerton Chevrolet. We sincerely thank yo...u for the positive review, and look forward to seeing you again soon!

September 21, 2017

Requested service completed efficiently and correctly as always included my check in request to check tire inflation and bring to correct levels. Mike... Bowers is an excellent replacement for the previous service manager. I had an opportunity to speak with one of the sales associates Carla who I commend for being friendly, engaging and willing to continue the conversation and showing me features of a couple vehicles despite my stated intention of not buying toady but in the future. Pinkerton employees all seem to value their customers. Encountered one minor issue with payment for the service performed: minor hitch with machine running credit card charged my card twice ; accounting called next business having picked p the glitch and assured me of the reversal of the duplicate charge (now awaiting the credit to appear on my account). I continue to be extremely pleased with my interactions with people at this dealership; it maintains an excellent business model for Chevrolet dealers to emulate. Great people, product,service, clean comfortable customer waiting spaces; would that all dealerships be like this one.

June 27, 2017

I took a vehicle that I bought from them new in for a state inspection. I made an appointment ahead of time. I made the appointment near lunchtime s...o that I would not miss much work. It was 2.5 hours (after the appointment time) before they even took the car back to the garage and another 2 hours once it was in the garage (4.5 hours total!!!). They told me twice that it would not be long "now." but they were wrong. The only issue was a bald tire and they didn't even replace it. I ended up not even being able to go back to work that day and had to take vacation. Thanks a bunch! Ridiculous! The quote they gave me for tires was more than 2 times what I could get the tires for at almost any other local tire dealer. I guess they think they have you locked in if they fail your inspection. I will never go there for another state inspection and only take my vehicle there for free recalls (dropping it off next time).

June 9, 2017

Pickertons service department is the best around. People are friendly, do a great job, and keeps you informed about the service. I would recommend t...hem to anyone.

April 12, 2017

They fixed my vehicle and also identified another problem I was unaware of. The Customer Service Rep called me and told me that during the process of ...fixing the original problem the mechanic saw an additional problem and would fix it as well. They didn't have to do that and I would have known nothing about it. They're #1 as far as I'm concerned.

January 12, 2017

got charged for work on my car that they couldn't complete and had to pay someone else to do. When I brought it to the attention of the person who tak...es in the car while picking it up, he took my receipt and said they would call. I got a call that they could fix it if i replaced a whole door panel (another 500+ dollars). or I could "do it on my own". I found someone else to do the work which took all of getting the right clip and 30 minutes. Went back to the dealership to pickup my receipt and told them how easy a solution it was. They just said "oh that's great you got it fixed what did they do?" but did not refund the money I paid having them to fail at fixing it. I was willing to deal with the higher than average labor rates due to the convenience, but I wasn't expecting shoddy repair work from a Chevy dealership. It makes me worry about the rest of my repairs in the long run as well. its $58 out of a $800 dollar bill so in the grand scheme of things it it isn't much, i'm just more disappointed at how little they cared about making it right by the customer since they made no attempt to do so and I had to make the extra effort to find another repair shop, make an appointment, and pay someone else to complete the job. Lesson learned.

December 1, 2016

The service dept is never any better than excellent. I'm always greated with a smile and open arms and made to feel very valued as a customer each and... every visit.

March 14, 2015

I had my car inspected and it failed due to ball joints. I replaced them on a Monday. I called them and asked when I could come back to get an officia...l state sticker. Saturday a 9am was the quickest they could get me in. Keep in mind all they had to do is look at the repairs and put the sticker on. I got there early and waited for an hour before I went to check on the progress. My truck hadn't moved. I said something to the service attendant and they had an additude and responded we will get to it. This should not have taken more than 20 minutes and the rude attendant was unacceptable.