Whitten Bros. Mazda

111 reviews

111 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Whitten Bros. Mazda from DealerRater.com

Read reviews that mention:

September 8, 2018

We are very happy with our SUV purchase at Whitten Brothers Mazda. We were looking for a used manual transmission CX-5, which are not always easy to find.... The process from start to finish was easy and enjoyable. Special thanks to Melvin Roberts, who helped us through the process. Thank you!

Melvin Roberts

(4.9) 16 reviews

September 3, 2018

Last week I started looking for a new vehicle. Looked at close to 10 vehicles. It was a draw between 2 Compact SUVs. After a lot of research and comparison,I... picked a Mazda. But what made it a easier decision was the customer service I received from Harold and Nick. Harold listened to exactly what I was looking for and showed me the right one for me. No fuss that some dealerships do by showing multiple vehicles that they feel is "a fit". Harold and Nick ensured I knew what options the SUV had and answered all my questions. In addition there was no pressure when I advised I was still planning on looking at other vehicles. Once I made my final choice Harold and Nick made the purchase easy and hassle free. As well as having it ready a day earlier than originally expected. They exceeded my expectations and I will have no problems recommending them to anyone I know in the market for a new vehicle.

Harold Toast

(5.0) 6 reviews

August 15, 2018

My experience at Whitten Brothers is somewhat limited to my dealing with Product Specialist Bruce Anderson. General Manager & Business Manager were fine... but since I wasn't after financing nor add-on options which under other circumstances may have been appropriate, Bruce was my quarterback through the purchase process and kept it simple. I came to Richmond from Raleigh because the dealers I tried here couldn't do "simple"-- what I thought should be a fairly simple transaction between informed adults. Instead, nitrogen in tires and other "mandatory" doodads drove the advertised price up well beyond what I stressed repeatedly was my limit. Bruce is an adult, respectful of my goals in making a purchase at a price which compensates him and his dealership while working to stay within my budget. No pressure, just peeling the layers of pricing back in a clear, understandable fashion. So Whitten's stated price is the price except for the Documentation fee which seems to be a fixture everywhere. So allow for that to be added to the advertised price. I was after the "out the door" price includingthe Doc fee, taxes, etc. I.E., Everything. It took Buce about 60 seconds to make that number crystal clear. Very refreshing! New or used, I would seek out Bruce the next time I wanted to purchase, even with a three hour drive. He's an example of a very experienced, knowledgeable grown up product specialist who makes it easy to buy what you want, not what a dealer may just want to sell. Highly recommended!

August 14, 2018

As soon as I entered I was directed straight to Bill. Very very knowledgeable, courteous, humorous, easy going and honest. I highly recommend his service....

Bill Edwards

(5.0) 19 reviews

Cindy Cornette

Internet Sales

August 7, 2018

Nick and Mr Roberts were awesome to work with on the purchase of my new Mazda! I would highly recommend them to others! Zoom Zoom!

Melvin Roberts

(4.9) 16 reviews

August 2, 2018

Loved Cody the salesman no pressure but very very informative about the car and explained every thing about the car. It showed how dedicated the salesman... and his manager are when they too drive a MAZDA

July 30, 2018

I highly recommend working with Whitten Brothers Mazda due to my excellent experience in buying my first car. Most of the back and forth price point decision... was done over the phone and on my way there. I got the price I was happy with and the car was in the show room waiting for me. I also highly recommend working with Harold Toast, he came in on his day off just to make sure everything went smoothly and easy.

Harold Toast

(5.0) 6 reviews

July 27, 2018

When a different dealership stopped answering my questions via email/text during my ???investigation phase??? of purchasing a new SUV, I reached out to... Whitten Brothers Mazda. Not only did Cody and Nick respond quickly to my initial queries, Cody was there via email the whole time. This allowed me to continue researching my options and is eventually what brought me to the dealership. I consider myself to be an educated consumer, so I knew what I wanted, how I wanted it optioned, how I wanted to pay for it and what I wanted to pay. From the time Cody arranged for a test drive of the exact vehicle I wanted to the time I drove it home was 9 days, and that was mostly in part due to my travel schedule. When I couldn???t make it in on the originally planned Friday night to do the purchasing paperwork, Cody recommended a day during the following week when the dealership wouldn???t be so busy (as a Saturday was going to be). He wanted to ensure the car buying experience was the best it could be. We settled on the following Thursday evening and from entering the front door to driving off the showroom floor we spent maybe an hour in the dealership. Our CX-5 was sitting on the showroom floor waiting for us. Both Nick and Cody greeted us at the door, and everything and everyone was waiting and ready to do their part. This was in my opinion what a car buying experience should be.

July 23, 2018

I recently found myself back in the market for a new car after my 2006 Acura TL was totaled a few weeks back. I was the sole owner of that car and had... owned it outright since the day I bought it new. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy to have to replace it (and all of its features) and take on a car payment after 12 years. That said, both Mazda (I bought a 2018 Mazda3 GT) and Whitten saved the day! The Mazda3 is an incredibly rich and feature-packed car that is (dare I say) an upgrade over my beloved TL...all at an excellent price point! That and the staff at Whitten, especially Nick, Cody, and Jay, made my buying experience extremely easy, transparent, and enjoyable! The transaction was smooth and there was absolutely no overselling or other unsavory tactics. I have purchased many cars, and I can honestly say that this was the most pleasant and stress-free sale I have ever experienced. The team at Whitten rocks!! I'm actually looking forward to replacing my wife's aging Mazda 5 minivan in the next year or two as a result. All at Whitten Mazda, of course!

July 15, 2018

Stopped by just to see Mazda's offerings and Bill was the first we talked with. Bill was very friendly and spent a lot of his time showing us everything... Mazda had. Never had any pressure to buy right away. Bill recommended we go home and think about everything. We returned to test drive then asked about the prices and everything was very fair. Nick was able to find what we wanted plus some roof rails, but the price was again fair, and he threw in a few things to make us happy. The CX 5 was brand new and only took 2 days to get it (they drove it in the next day). We were approved for financing before we arrived to pick it up so only took about an hour to sign for everything and get going. The friendly staff, no pressure to buy and the whitten advantage warranty sold us on buying a Mazda.

Bill Edwards