4.6 out of 5 (4.6) 424 reviews

Call This Dealer

New Used Service

424 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Glenbrook Hyundai - Happy Car Store from DealerRater.com

Service got done, but...
    August 14, 2017

Scheduled recall service appointment 3 weeks in advance. Between then and the appointment, received 3 messages to call back as they "have important in...formation regarding our vehicle". Each call was to have additional services performed. Day of appointment, we left car early and dropped key in night drop. Called at 2pm for status, and was told they had no idea vehicle was there (scheduled appointment was for 10am). Apparently the envelope got stuck in night drop, although I pushed it down as far as I could. They never followed up to see if the vehicle was being brought in. The service got completed within the hour, and when I was called and told it was ready, again the push to get more services done, which were declined. Upon picking up vehicle, they recommend having $500+ worth of work done, including their second and third brake work recommendations on a vehicle with less than 30,000 miles. It is obvious they wanted to make money on this appointment but in the process of doing that, they have alienated a client. And this doesn't even get into the "diagnostic fee" we paid last year for warranty work - a complaint to Hyundai corporate resolved that issue. Filled out service survey sent by Hyundai, and got a follow up call. At the end of the call, were asked to "re-score" to a 5 from a 3, and declined the request. The submitted review has not appeared on the website where it was entered - it appears they screen out reviews they do not want seen. It is also interesting people rated them a 1 and then re-rated them a 5 within a day or two - I won't re-rate someone unless I can see they have done what they said they would. Warning to all - be prepared for significant service upsells and numerous phone calls to get you to bring your car in.

Glenbrook Hyundai - Happy Car Store

We are sorry for the confusion. Since your key didn't got all the way through the night drop box we did not see it and get working for you right away.... We are working to improve our process. If there is anything else that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to reach out to our service manager at any time. 260-484-9531

excellent sales and service
    March 10, 2017

Loved my experience .Dakota is an excellent salesman. he got me into a beautiful new Elantra. so safe. I didnt know I needed a new car. but it was ti...me. He is a very helpful

Warranty Questions
    September 22, 2016

This is the third Hyundai we have leased and have always been very satisfied until now. We leased our 2015 Elantra on Sept 29, 2014 which now has 18,0...00 miles on it while we were living in Florida. This week all of a sudden the passenger side in the front seat area floor became soaked with water from under the dashboard. Thee next day, the drivers side seat height adjustment lever shattered, so I called Glenbrook and talked to service, and imagine my surprise to be told that it was not covered! I was told that I will have to pay for all repairs out of my pocket. What Warranty I ask? Certainly wouldn!t want to have anything major where I would be footing the entire bill! The service rep that I talked with said if the lever would just be cracked it would be covered, but they had no way of knowing if we dropped something on it and broke it, give me a break like we were loading concrete blocks thru the drivers door! We are both in our late 60's and we are the only people who drive this car, so we know it just broke while she was raising the seat, she is 5 foot tall and barely weighs 100 lbs, so I don't think she abused it. Anytime that we had Any issues while living in Florida on any one of or leased vehicles Lakeland Hyundai took Great Care of all our concerns, and I highly recommend them. Glenbrook, however no way the totally blew me off with a lame excuse that they would have to pay for the repairs, who cares? That's what warranties are for. By the way about 2 hours later I received a phone call from another person there asking if I was taken care of. I explained everything to him, and he said he would see what he could do, and then he would call me back. Guess what, yep I'm still waiting! I have read their reviews, and now I am convinced that the only reviews that get added are the good ones. Well this one is going to Corperate Hyundai also, and I think it's time to go back to General Motors to this type of treatment !

Not so great Customer Service
    September 17, 2016

I'm just frustrated because I paid extra for some "gold" package which included a whole car vacuum but when I went to go home I saw there were still c...rumbs along the back seat and that the floor mats hadn't been touched but I'd waited so long that I just left without saying anything. I had to go back in because my car said I needed an oil change after just having one and they quickly reset the engine message but were busy again and just looked annoyed n said they'd already vacuumed it when I mentioned the lack of cleaning. The new receptionist was super kind and nice but the guy's on the crew were anything but helpful.

Overall Experience

Service Department 2 thumbs up!
    June 16, 2016

While on a multiple stop shopping day, my 2012 Sante Fe wouldn't start in the parking lot of a store. My sis-in-law & I were stumped and had that "oh ...crap" moment. I had full power to everything, but the dash would blink like crazy and the check engine, oil & battery lights went on. Now what? Called my bro-in-law and he came out to jump the battery. Nothing. I had the car towed to Glenbrook Hyundai. When I told the guy (sorry, I can't remember your name, but you've worked here at least 4 years) at the service department what was going on he just looked at me and said, "let me try something". His hunch was correct...the anti-theft device was in good working order! I had used the spare set of keys that day that had 2 key fobs on them. Not knowing how this system really works, I inadvertently set off the system which I couldn't hear because my horn was not working. Well, he got my car started again and replaced the fuse for the horn (that I kept forgetting to do prior) for me all out the of kindness of his heart! My shopping day was saved and I had no bill for a repair!! A BIG thank you!! My Sante Fe has been a great vehicle and service at The Happy Car Store has been awesome these last four years!

Mari, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback about your recent experience here at Glenbrook Hyundai. We're so pleased to hear th...at your service advisor was able to save your shopping trip by helping you figure out the cause of your troubles and replace the horn's fuse at no cost to you. Thanks a lot for begin so amazing!

Visit
    May 25, 2016

I was very happy with my visit was there to have some work done on my 2009 Elantra got to talking to Dakota and the next thing I know he was off worki...ng his magic on getting me a new Elantra everyone did a great job working there magic so I could get my new car thank you all very much

Glenbrook Hyundai - Happy Car Store

Barry, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this kind review of your sales experience here at Glenbrook Hyundai with Dakota, Curt, John, and... Justin! Congratulations on the purchase of your new Elantra. We're so happy we could work our magic to get you into such an awesome car.

Great service continues
    January 2, 2016

Vehicle was ready before promised time, even though additional work was done. Service adviser Rob always great to work with.

Joe, it was our pleasure to get you your vehicle sooner than expected! Thank you so much for the review.

Great service
    January 1, 2016

The service department is very good about checking out everything that needs to be fixed or may be an issue. They are very organized and detail driven....

Jay, thank you so much for your kind words toward the service department here at Glenbrook Hyundai. We work very hard to ensure the satisfaction of ou...r customers, and we're truly happy to hear that we've succeeded with you.

Great service on a recall repair
    December 29, 2015

Service reps were extremely accomodating when I needed to change my original appointment and then gave me very prompt service when I showed up early f...or my revised appointment.

Virginia, we are very happy to hear that you were so pleased with the accommodating nature of our dealership's staff. Thanks for the review!

Friendly staff & nice waiting rm with free snacks
    December 22, 2015

From check in to leaving, they always treat you with friendliness and respect. Comfortable waiting room with free soda & popcorn.

Suzanne, we can't thank you enough for the review. We're always happy to make you comfortable in our waiting room.

4801 Coldwater Rd Fort Wayne, IN 46825