Evansville Kia

Sunday Closed Closed
New (812) 618-4370 (812) 618-4370
Used (812) 618-9674 (812) 618-9674
Service (812) 618-4876 (812) 618-4876

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

1.0

Taking advantage of the current situation

This dealer has started charging a market adjustment on their cars. Which means you are paying more then MSRP ($2500 on the car I was looking at). I was told all car dealers are doing this now because of supply issues but I know this is not true. Their are other local dealers not doing this. They also add a mandatory ceramic coating to the car you have to pay for ($1700). They also low balled me on my trade in. My trade in wasn't in the best of shape but i had 2 other offers from dealers and they came in 3k less then them. In the end they did meet the other offers but were unwilling to sell their car for MSRP. No one should pay over MSRP. The dealer still makes money selling it for that, on top of the money they will make on your trade in, plus the kick backs they get from lenders when you finance. I'm in no hurry to buy a car so I'll wait to find a dealer that isn't price gouging.

Dealer response

Robert, thanks for letting us know about your experience. We understand your frustration and we are disappointed we couldn’t make the deal you were looking for. If you have any questions regarding how we price our vehicles give our Sales Manager, Dave Cates a call at 812-473-0215.

Positive Experience with Evansville Kia

My wife and I had a very positive experience working with Don Pokorney and Brent Young in buying a new Kia Sorrento from Evansville Kia. We live in St. Louis, MO and were frustrated by the current circumstances associated with buying a new car. We connected with Don initially through the internet, then by phone, and then in person. We were able to get together with Don and Brent over the phone on terms regarding a new car and a trade-in. We drove to Evansville the next day and completed the transaction. It worked out really well. I would happily work with Evansville Kia again.

Dealer response

Steven, thank you for this great review! We appreciate you making the drive to see us. We hope you enjoy your new vehicle, and please let us know if you need anything else in the future!

Unsafe Car for my Family

Unfortunately, I've had a bad experience at Evansville Kia. Last summer my wife and I got to meet our new triplets. Yes. TRIPLETS. They are amazing. Well, this calls for a bigger vehicle to accommodate our 3 new beautiful children. I decided to deal with Evansville Kia because they have an incredible reputation. On February 1st, I found a 2013 Ford Explorer on their lot that fit my needs. I shelled out 18.5k for it and took it home. Within the first few days, the engine light came on and it started idling really rough. A week later, the engine started clattering on cold starts. This week, it died in traffic on the Lloyd expressway. Thankfully, my kids weren't in the vehicle for this event. I got ahold of my salesman Karl, he responded and had me wait a couple days until his sales manager was at work. They proceeded to deny me any help at all. They said it was sold "as is". I get that I bought a used car and I may have to deal with issues later down the line but I expected to get a vehicle that was in good mechanical condition when I bought it. It's not safe for my new family and it really is upsetting that they are not even apologizing or willing to help. Now I am stuck with a huge repair bill. Such a disappointment.

Dealer response

Shaun, thanks for leaving us this review to let us know what is going on. First off, congrats on the triplets! We understand how important it is to keep them safe, especially when in the car. Please give our sales manager, Brent Young a call at 812-473-0215 so we can speak with you in more detail about everything that has happened.

1.0

I'd rather deal with a dealer who doesn't mark up.

Stay away and drive to another dealer who doesn't markup their vehicles over MSRP. I really hope all consumers take note of the dealers who are charging mark-ups and the ones that aren't.

Dealer response

Steve, thanks for leaving us this review. We’d like to get more details on your experience with us. Please call our sales manager Brent Young at 812-473-0215, so we can work to improve our processes.

Good check-up!

Professional, efficient, affordable service maintenance for my car was done in less than an hour while I caught up on "Evansville" magazine & watched home make-overs in the pleasant waiting room. Payton was personable and helpful, & the payment process was friendly & easy.

Dealer response

Thank you for the five-star review, Robert! Our expert service team strives to get our customers back out on the road as efficiently and painlessly as possible, and we're glad to hear we succeeded. Thanks for choosing Evansville Kia for your service needs and we hope to see you back again in the future.

Jeremy was great! Service was Excellent!

Jeremy was very helpful and the service was great! I was able to get the day and time I needed and a shuttle to and from my work. The cashier was also ver nice and helpful. Thank you all!

Dealer response

Outstanding to hear! We're very grateful to hear that Jeremy and the team provided you with an excellent overall experience. Thank you for sharing!

Service

Great Service and friendly Salesman would recommend buying from there . There service people are professional and courteous with a great waiting room. Also have snacks and TV while waiting for your vehicle .

Dealer response

Thank you for the kind remarks, Frank. We hope that you consider us for your next service visit in the future!

Evansville Kia was the best dealership in every way ! My...

Evansville Kia was the best dealership in every way ! My grandson bought his first car , it was an awesome experience. Abe & Trent were so great 😊

Dealer response

Thanks for letting us know about your experience! Customer service will always be one of the Evansville Kia team's highest priorities and it's great to hear how much you and your Grandson enjoyed your visit. Thank you for your business and we hope to take care of any of your future car needs!

Recall

Excellent service, friendly staff, clean and comfortable waiting area. Repairs completed in timely manner. Got me in and out in less time than expected. Highly recommend.

Dealer response

Pam, thank you for taking the time to share your 5-star feedback with us! It was our pleasure to provide you with a friendly, quality service experience. Please let us know if there are any auto needs we can assist you with in the future!

First time dealership experience

After working with Brian McElya for about a month, he was aware of my financial situation. He helped to make sure the process went smoothly and was able to make searching for a vehicle so much easier. I gave him a list of what I’d like to see on my vehicle and stuff that wasn’t required, but would be nice. He met those standards and the dealership made the sale smooth. I had never bought a vehicle at a dealership after always paying cash. I’m now driving like the pace car at the Indy 500 as if it were a dream. The Kia Sorento sits up great just like a truck and has plenty of room. I went to several dealerships and after purchasing my vehicle I was able to toss all the business cards. I highly suggest checking out Evansville Kia or at least Brian over at the dealership. He was a huge help. Going from a 2001 Buick Lesabre to a 2015 Kia Sorento was huge. I keep saying I have Bluetooth.Lol Sorry if the post seems long.

Dealer response

Matt, thank you for the 5-star rating and your shout-out for Brian! We're happy to hear that he could help you find the right Kia for you and look forward to working with you in the future.