Downtown Ford

350 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

January 5, 2019

Very very bad experience, never expected from a BIG Dealer like Downtown Ford, Sacramento. I did not post my review immediately as was waiting to hear... back from the dealership. As of today (2 weeks have passed), no response to my complaints. Very much disappointed. Went to buy an used car 2 weeks back, liked the car and the sales guy was very nice. He was professional and not at all pushy. But things started to change (worse) when I met the finance guy during signing the sales doc. The out-the-door price I was given over phone was not honored, I spent almost $200 more. The finance guy did not show customer friendly attitude, he was behaving as if he was doing a favor to me by selling the car at that price !!! Sales dept and the finance dept were not on the same page (or at least they were pretending like that). Things which sales told me was denied by finance dept !! How come it is possible?? I was expecting to hear back from the manager. I called him 1 week ago and he told me that he will look into the matter and will get back to me. It never happened. I tried to reach them, but with no luck. The car also have issues- 1. None of the charging port in the car is working from day 1 ( I did not check that during my test drive, I guess nobody does). 2. After driving for 300 miles, the brakes are making weird noise, and have jerky feeling whenever I pressed on the brakes. 3. Rattling noise coming from the dashboard even if I drive the car over a bump at 10 mph. As the car came with 3 months/3000 miles warranty, I took it back to them, and they are now fixing it. It is going to take few days they said as they are ordering parts and trying to find the cause of those issues. The sales guy told me that they did a thorough inspection and repair of the car before putting it for sale !!! How come they missed those issues !! They do not have loaners either. I bought the car and in 2 weeks I need to rent or stay without a car for few days !!! All together my experience was very bad. Very disappointed and frustrated with the way they deal with customer response. Although they say they rely on customer satisfaction, at least that did not happen in my case. Would not recommend to my friends and family.

We are very sorry to read this, AM. We will work hard to improve moving forward.

September 15, 2018

Absolutely incredible experience!!! Love my new California Special Mustang!!! The whole team is there to help and we all had a lot of fun during the time... we were there. Customers for life!! Thank you all!!

Thank you so much, Denise!

• March 23, 2018

worked with scott from the beginning. very responsive, provided best price with no haggling.

Thank you, Pier!

August 11, 2018

Good service I will definitely recommend the downtown ford dealership to all I come across looking for cars

Thank you very much for the feedback and recommendation, Christine!

August 8, 2018

The worst service I have ever had. It was 20 minutes before i could get anybody's attention. I shampooed the car before I came and it was covered... in ash with debris and some trash in the back seat. Was supposed to be a one day mileage tune-up and turned in to two weeks. I had to call for updates. Not once did I receive a call to update me on progress or hiccups, until I demanded updates. Terrible communication. One time I called in I spent 10 minutes on the phone and the girl couldn't find my car or my name in the system!! Never going back. It was only later that I found out from my family and friends that they avoid this place too and would have steered me to another place.

We are very sorry to read this, Cassandra. This is not how we want our clients to feel when working with us at all.

June 4, 2018

Extremely disappointed! I called the previous week to take a routine servicing appointment for a Toyota Prius purchased from them. When I reached, strangely,... my name was not on their list. Their service advisors kept deflecting me to each other. They do not maintain a queue for customers and merely eyeball the next potential customer, which, in my view, was quite racist. I waited close to 30 minutes outside their cabins to even get someone (David Hall) to talk to me. I was told the maintenance would take 1.5 hours, but when I returned, I was told it would take half an hour longer. Astonishingly, close to the 3-hour mark, when I confronted David, he told me the car was serviced a while ago and that I should go see the cashier. There is absolutely no signage of procedures a customer should follow, and the service advisors provide misleading information, if at all. Unless you are stuck with them for a maintenance contract, or have a fancy car with extensive repair that will attract their attention, or have patience and free time to spend half your day for a simple checkup, I would recommend going elsewhere.

We are very sorry to read this. This is not how we want our clients to feel when working with us at all. Please know that we are working hard to ensur...e it does not happen again.

February 12, 2018

Scott and Sherri worked really hard to get me into a new Ford Focus ! This is my second car from Downtown Ford! I highly recommend this dealership:)

Thank you, Shalen!

December 5, 2017

Saw the car and drove it. handled excellent was very clean with low mileage inside and out for this model year. Salesman went over vehicle features and... whet it came time to discuss sale of vehicle, presented financing options available at the price I wanted with the monthly payment. Note this also included a extended warranty that was calculated in the figures. transaction was smooth and didn't take very long.

Thank you very much for the kind words and feedback, Paul!

November 20, 2017

Very easy, no-stress purchase! We drove from Reno to test drive a CPO Ford C-Max Energi, which they had three! Pricing was fair and didn't require haggling,... and we weren't talked into anything we didn't want. The salesperson was fantastic, as was the finance manager who presented us with extended warranty options that were very reasonable as well. I never buy extended warranties which are usually forced upon me, but not in this case! I did end up getting an extended warranty and I can't thank the staff enough for such a wonderful experience. We had purchased a CPO Ford Escape a few months prior and this purchase came after a hit-and-run totaled my Kia. Definitely worth the drive to Downtown Sac and I will give raving reviews to all who ask. Thank you!

Thank you very much for the kind words and feedback, Jason! We look forward to seeing you again.

October 28, 2017

I have been a downtown ford customer for 5 years and I will never not have a ford truck!

Thank you very much, Matthew!