CarMax Dulles

3.7 out of 5 (3.7) 10 reviews

June 2, 2018

Process was fine up until we were waiting to sign papers which took over an hour. Salesmen were ALL OVER the showroom just walking around, yet they&#8...217;re short staffed in the Finance areas. Why not cross train some of these guys to help the customer experience!

April 13, 2018

The sales associate I working with was great, very accommodating as I had children with me. It was a bit difficult because they were renovating at the... time I was there and they usually have a kids area. I’m sure it will be a little easier when everything is finished. The only slow part was actually signing the papers for the vehicle purchase because the business office was behind and what was originally predicted to me to take one hour took almost 2.5 hours.

December 10, 2016

This was the first time that I've used CarMax... always felt that the "no-haggle" thing was just a grift. It's not. Very fairly priced car in pristine... condition. They even transferred it for free. Transaction was relatively quick and painless as well. They were even able to take care of the REAL tags and title there as well. If you do your pricing research, they are most definitely an option. And thankfully there was no sleazy salesman vibe or upwelling. Would gladly use them again. Oh, and they actually FILLED the tank, which USED TO BE commonplace, and I didn't have to ask.

February 13, 2015

What criteria do you have in shopping your next used vehicle? 1. You want to buy a used car that is believed to be absolutely trouble free (Equivalent... to a certified grade). 2. You are ok to buy a car at a fair market price (You are not trying to find a steal deal or to negotiate a price). 3. You hate sales pitch. Then go to Carmax. This is my best advice based on my past car buying experiences with all sorts of car dealers. You can't go wrong with Carmax if the above three are your criteria. Carmax set an extremely high standard in their car reconditioning protocols. Carmax certification is as good as manufacturer's certifications. Meanwhile, you will be discouraged if you come to Carmax in hope to find a steal deal, because all of their cars are priced RIGHT, and they never give you a room to negotiate over the price. This means that they don't play games, and they don't let you play games, either. They are fair. You have to be fair, too. A good news is, they don't try to steal your money. So don't try to steal theirs. However, I have one serious advice: Get pre-approved by a local credit union before coming to Carmax. While Carmax too does offer financing, their repayment rule has a catch. Say your monthly payment was set to $100. If you put $500 at once, you expect that the extra $400 would automatically go to principal payment, right? Not with Carmax financing. Instead, the first $300 goes to the three upcoming monthly payments, and only the remaining $200 will go to principal payment. If you intend to pay off your auto loan quick, this repayment rule that they set up is a deal breaker. A good thing is, they will gladly let you use your credit union financing; they won't pressure you into choosing their financing service. Good luck, and never go back to liars that live in the rest of the world.

September 4, 2013

I bought a 2013 Chrysler Town and Country van. While I'm happy with the vehicle, I am not happy with the customer service. In three weeks I experience...d three problems with failed notifications. Sales - I requested that a vehicle in MD be transferred to Dulles to examine. I was told it would take 3-4 days. When I had not heard back after over ten days, I visited the showroom where a sales associate checked the computer and found that the vehicle had been there for nearly a week. No call was made to me. Service - At the time of sale there was a small spring or clip that was broken in the headliner sunglass storage compartment. The sales person advised that the part was being ordered and should be there in a few days. After about a ten days of no notification, I called the service department and was told the part had been received. Again, no notification. I then made an appointment for the part to be installed about two weeks later. I arrived for that appointment and dropped my key off at the service counter. I told the clerk that as it was a quick item I would wait in the lounge. After one hour and 15 minutes, with no notification, I went to the service desk and asked about the status of my car. The clerk checked the computer, looked down on the counter, picked up my key and told me my car was ready. Again no one notified me in the lounge that it was ready. When I expressed my dissatisfaction with the service the service manager overheard it and came over to apologize. I suggested to him that this lack of communication with the customer was endemic in the facility as it had occurred in both sales and service departnments. I'm pleased with the car and the actual sales transaction process, however to any potential buyers, I advise that you should be proactive and be prepared to "bird dog" every aspect.

June 26, 2013

My salesman, Arif Asis was wonderful,patient, and understanding-even when I bought a car, returned it two days later for a complete refund, and ended ...up purchasing another car elsewhere. It was an emotional experience for me in that my 2000 Lexus (which I loved) died and I could not afford to buy the same brand. When I called Asis to tell him of my decision to return the car I had purchased from him, he was very understanding. When I actually returned the car for a full refund, the customer service personnel were excellent as well. If I could have found the exact car I wanted at Carmax, I would have bought it there. I bought my Lexus from Carmax in 2005.

May 14, 2013

Truck went in for repair Monday 5/13 at 7:30 am, Tuesday 5:00 pm still waiting for parts?! This vehicle is a Chevy Avalanche not a Porsche or Mercedes...! I had the same work done at Sears on my previous Avalanche with no appointment just drove in, they figured out what was wrong and fixed it all in four (count them 4 hours). The buying experience is great, the service coordinator Glen is great but DON'T get your vehicle repaired there. Also don't buy the extended service agreement they only cover about $500 on a $1500 bill.

September 22, 2012

I had my best car-buying experience ever! The people were friendly, and they made buying my 2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid painless. I found the exact car I... wanted online, emailed them, and they responded immediately. When I arrived at the dealership, the sales associate had the car ready for a test drive. The whole process took about ninety minutes!

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us some feedback! We are so happy you had such a great experience at CarMax. Enjoy your new car! ~kelsey

November 19, 2011

This was the 2nd car I've bought from a Carmax dealer. My salesperson was very patient with me, and he was knowledgeable about the cars. I live in a d...ifferent state than the dealership, and Carmax took care of all of the paperwork for me; the only thing I had to do was to take the car to a Carmax in my state to have it inspected. Great selection of cars, and personnel always friendly and helpful.

Bevers, it makes us so happy to hear that you had a great car buying experience, twice! Thank you for your review.

November 19, 2011

Through cars.com I found the car I wanted at CarMax. I called the dealership to make sure the car was still there and made an appt with a salesman. Wh...en I arrived, he had the car waiting at the curb. We took a test drive and I purchased the car. Total time at the dealership was about an hour and a half, including test drive, paperwork, financing, state inspection, registration and tags- no haggling, no fuss.

Sports Car Enthusiats, thanks for the wonderful review! We always strive to make sure the car buying experience is easy and painless for our customers..., and it’s so nice when we see that it’s working. Hope you’re enjoying your new car!