New 888-274-9383 Dealer Website
Used 888-409-5963 Email Dealer
Service 888-221-4218

4.5
  • Love the Car!

John Weir did a great job determining which model would meet my needs and this one (Cherokee) absolutely does! He was very knowledgeable on the cars details which really sold me. Love the Car!

• Thanks to All

Sales Representative John Weir did everything he could to make this deal as smooth and pleasant as possible. Rick Shields took time to locate an Escape we wanted and check specs. Theresa Smith was ready and did the paperwork Great! Thanks to all!

• John Wier was outstanding!

Everyone was great. John Wier was Outstanding. He was told what we where looking for and we love the van!

• buying 2 new vehicles

Tim McIntyre was our salesman and was so helpful. It was all professional. I would recommend this dealership to anyone

• What a steal!

Got a great deal with their Warranty Forever (lifetime powertrain) program. Besides a miscommunication on a previous quote, they were all class. Tim McIntyre was exceptionally helpful, even going so far as to let me use his personal agent to set up some car insurance. Thanks again Tim!

Still helpful and attentive, very friendly even after I have purchased vehicle.

Still helpful and attentive, very friendly even after I have purchased vehicle.

• Whole buying experience was terrific!

The whole buying experience was terrific. Everyone at shields was extremely helpful and friendly. My salesman Mark Keyes was very knowledgeable and easy to deal with. I would recommend shields to anyone looking to buy a car.

• My Experience

Shields Auto Center was very friendly and Professional!

Shields Auto Center was very friendly and Professional!

• Love my Journey that I bought at Shields Auto

Had a great time buying my car from Dale Scudder from Shields Automart in Paxton!!! Staff was great !!!Dale help me find the right car for me THANKS!!!

• Shockingly Bad Experience

First things first: the purchase process from this dealer was perfectly fine. We got an honest assessment of a quality used vehicle and an expedited financing process. Where Shields Auto Group really falls down in in the service after the sale, which I would say is more important than the actual purchase. Have taken our Jeep twice back to their service center for simple repairs, and each time it took more than once visit. Most recently, it's taken four visits for a simple AC compressor install, which was improperly done with no apology or admittance of wrongdoing by the staff. Further, this repair was covered under our service agreement, and the service manager kept trying to charge us several hundred dollars over the deductible. Dishonest and disinterested staff, poor repair, limited new selection and frankly a dirty facility keep me from being able to recommend this dealer to anyone. Currently pursuing a complaint through Chrysler to try to fix some of our problems.

It is very disheartening that this customer would give us such a review. Let me explain the situation in this review. Repairs that take multiple attempts are not normal for our service department. The repair of the AC compressor did take multiple attempts, which is an unusual situation. The part was not available when the vehicle was brought in for repairs. Unfortunately, the first AC compressor broke after a short time of leaving the dealership. The part was faulty. A faulty part is out of our control. The part is on national back order due to the problem. This is a manufacturer problem. We were more than accommodating for this customer. We re-arranged our schedule on multiple occasions and offered a loaner car. We even paid a driver to get a factory part over 4 hours away since the part was on national backorder with no time table on availability. One of the visits the customer demanded an appointment at a certain time, came to the dealership and spoke with the sales department, was offered a loaner, refused to talk with the service department, left the building and called the dealership asking for the service department and stated that he could not make the appointment for the time that he had requested. Therefore, the number of visits could have been avoided if the customer would have left the vehicle and taken the loaner. If the part wasn't on back order we could also have reduced the amount of visits. The customer was only charged his deductible one time. Repairs were covered under the extended service contract. The customer was very demanding and unreasonable given the situation. We had to listen to his expletives being shouted at us. We tried to diffuse the situation by talking very calmly with him and reassuring him that his vehicle would be fixed and that a loaner was available if he would just leave the vehicle. We did apologize about the situation. We do value our customers and treat them with respect.