Tom Ahl Family of Dealerships

12076 reviews

12076 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Tom Ahl Family of Dealerships from DealerRater.com

Read reviews that mention:

November 20, 2011

I drove 5 hours to buy this unit and would do it again. I was treated with courtesy, knowledge, fairness and honesty. What more could you want? Thanks... for a pleasant buying experience. Bob

We are glad you had a great experience with us, Bob. Thank you for being our customer at Tom Ahl's!

April 20, 2016

I was called inviting me to come in and have my car appraised because they could give me a "really great deal". The salesman, Andrew Martin was pleasant... when I met him face to face (probably because I had a man with me) but when I attempted to make a deal with him over the phone it didn't go so well. He told me his manager "probably wouldn't budge" on the price but he would check anyways. When he returned my call I was told that they couldn't do any better because my car wasn't worth the trade and it would just go to the auction where they wouldn't make much money on it. Very disappointed because I bought my previous car brand new from Tom Ahl and never had a bad experience until now. I went elsewhere and I was offered $1000 more than what they offered me on my trade in. Interesting if my car wasn't worth the trade, why another dealer would give me a better amount. Needless to say, I purchased from the other dealer and will not be back.

We greatly appreciate your feedback. Our pricing is low on our vehicles and there is not much room to budge on it. We are sorry that you felt as if it... was something against you, as it was not. Thank you once again for your feedback.

May 18, 2012

Purchased a vehicle from Tom Ahl's Hyundai store and purchased an extended warranty to go along with it. Those arent cheap! Anyways, I ended up selling... the vehicle via private party and asked for a pro-rated refund on the extended warranty which I am entitled to. In September 2011 I asked for the refund and after MULTIPLE trips and phone calls to the dealership, NOTHING has been been refunded or accomplished. I rated this dealership a "1" for POOR service.

Hello Matt - We have now got the situation handled. Thank you for letting us know and sorry for any misunderstanding there may have been. We always tr...y our hardest to have the best customer service and we will continue to improve in that area as well.

February 1, 2017

The buying process was simple and easy. Everyone at the dealership was friendly and helpful. My salesman was especially helpful and very knowledgeable.... I would recommend this dealership to friends and family.

Thank you for your feedback and recommendation, Justin!

February 11, 2014

I inquired about one of their vehicles last week. Unfortunately the vehicle was sold. I don't know when it was sold but I was informed this past Monday... with offers to view other vehicles. My complaint is that as of today the vehicle is still being advertised as being available. I'm wondering if this vehicle was ever available and that this was a sale tactic to get email addresses for advertising purposes.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that you felt as if you were mislead but the vehicle that we are talking about was pending with a down payment ...and wasn't considered sold in our system until the customer came to pick it up. Our inventory updates as soon as a vehicle is picked up. We appreciate your feedback but are sorry that you felt as if you were mislead.

May 10, 2013

I have bought two cars from Tom Ahl and the first one I had to put 1000.00 worth of tires on two months after I bought it because my sales person Sam Long... failed to inform me of that issue. I paid almost 19000.00 tax and title out the door so if I knew i needed a 1000.00 worth of tires I would of never bought it not to mention the other issue I had with it and I only had it a year before I return to Tom Ahl to trade in for a different car. Again I had the Saleperson Sam long which failed to inform me that my tires had nitrogen in them and along with other items that I should of been informed of. Not everyone is not a car expert so i expect honesty from a family owned business. On top of all that my sale person Sam Long raised his voice to me and was extremely rude to me when I called him to inform him of my concerns and issues not to mention the lies i caught him in, the most dishonest sales person I have ever met. I have given them good business and referred people to them. This will be my last and I will not recommend any one else to go there. The only reason I went the second time is because I thought they would be fair considering the poor service I got the first time but I was wrong. Very displeased and will take my business else where next time.

Dear Sally, Thank you for your feedback. At Tom Ahl Family of Dealerships, it is our goal to make sure every one of our customers is completely sati...sfied with their experience. My name is Vince Downing and I am the General Manager of the dealership. Please call my cell phone at 419-230-8705 and ask for me as I'd like the opportunity to discuss your concerns. I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Vince

February 5, 2013

My husband and I have been looking for a van for a while now! We found a perfect one at Tom Ahl a 2005 Kia Sedona with only 24,000 miles on it! We were... so excited, contact Bill Cook there and he was horrible and nasty to us from the begining, did not work with us and came back to us with a van that we didn't even ask about. So we got do our research and found out that they have the van priced $3000.00 over the retail value!!!! When we decided to talk to someone different they wouldn't budge a dime on it! No bank will give you a loan for more than what the vehicle is worth! We had a trade and everything, still nothing! Customer Service was awful! Now we are considering contacting the better business buearu because if they are going to cheat one customer, how many more will they cheat or have they cheated! Our families have went there for many of our cars and were never treated this way until now...looks like they have lost alot of business! BECAREFUL AND LOOK UP ALL YOU CAN ON VEHICLES YOU BUY THERE!

We are sorry that you feel this way, MT Cox. We value the business of both you and your family. If you would like to contact our General Manager, Vinc...e Downing, please do so at his cell phone 419-230-8705 or Tom Ahl at 419-227-0202.

January 15, 2013

Yes I went to some of Tom Ahl's "competitors" but they could not "compete" on price, selection and the down home no pressure experience. Chris Kiefer Reminded... me of a professional tour guide as he helped me negotiate all aspects of buying a vehicle. Chris took the time to listen to my concerns and needs, only after feeling he truly understood what would fit "MY" requirements did he start showing me vehicles. I never felt like he was trying to push me into buying something instead it felt like looking for a vehicle with a friend who would be honest enough to say "This is not for you" or "This fits the bill". After deciding on "That perfect vehicle" Chris did not hand me off on someone else to wrap things up, he took the time to make sure he personally introduced me to the service folks and took me on a tour so if I need help in the future I know where to go and who to talk to. I can not say enough good things about Tom Ahl's Dealership... As a matter of fact I can not say one bad thing ether. So if you are tired of feeling like fresh blood in shark infested water when you step out of your car at those other guys lots be sure to stop by Tom Ahl's.

Wow, thank you very much for your comment! It is greatly appreciated! We really do try to put our customers wants and needs first to help them find wh...at they truly need. The friendship of our customers is our #1 goal here at Tom Ahl's.

November 6, 2012

I was treated very well by the salesperson Trevor Howery who sold me my car. He could not have been any more helpful. I will recommend him to all of my... friends. He was so kind and helpful. Tom Ahl Dealership is lucky to have such great staff.

Thank you so much. We are truly the lucky ones to have such great customers like yourself.

January 17, 2012

We recently purchased a used 2009 Subaru Impreza from this dealer. We drove 2 hours to this dealership due to the competitive price we saw online. After... calling them the next morning, they held the car until we arrived. The car looked as great in person as it did online. As being first time car buyers, we ended up needing a cosigner for the loan and the cosigner could not make the trip with us. They were able to take all the cosigners information even though they were not present and we got approved for the loan. They needed the cosigners signature so instead of having us make another trip back, they sent the sales rep that we had been working with back with us on our 2 hour journey to obtain the cosigners signature! They were super helpful and patient the whole time we were there! We couldn't have asked for a better deal or better customer service! Every part of the experience was worth the 2 hour drive and we would not hesitate to do it all over again! Thank you so much Terry and everyone else that helped!

Thank you for making the trip to Tom Ahl's and we strive to give you the best customer service and best experience possible. Let us know if there is a...nything we can help you out with in the future. Thank you for being our customer!