Matthews Hargreaves Chevrolet

144 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

January 18, 2021

Horrible experience overall. These people mark up the actual price of parts and overcharge you for work they don’t do. The tried to total my vehicle to... buy it back and overturn a profit for my car. I can in for an original estimate of 2k and they added extra things that wasn’t wrong with my car. My estimate increased to 9k. They overcharge for the price to make a turn over profit. After refusing to pay a ridiculous price for a minor accident... I opted out and told them I would be up there the next day to pick up my car. The Body shop assistant (Matt) tells me it’s $147 to get my car back. How do you charge me for a FREE estimate and want to charge me because I dont want you to fix my car? The whole experience was bogus and fraudulent. Parts of my car ( my bumper, license plate, and front bumper) was missing and when I asked to speak with someone... all of a sudden the general manager isn’t answering ( who I’ve been trying to contact for days) the body shop manager Andrea isn’t answering and even the mechanic (I was told he was fairly new) wasn’t answering to see where my parts were. They lost my parts so now they have to replace them however I believe they took my license plate. How does big items like bumpers come up missing that quick? As a black woman, I felt racism when speaking with some of the staff in the way they addressed me and didn’t want to answer my needs and concerns. I took my car here and they made it worse. I absolutely will never buy a car or get my car fixed from here. If you want to be robbed of your money during the pandemic, Matthew Hargreaves is the right place! I took my car another collision shop and the price was cut down to $4600. That’s a big difference from $9100 that Matthew Hargreaves gave me as an estimate. I’m glad I removed my car from their body shop.

December 22, 2020

The process was pleasant and time was broken up so it wasn't an entire day of shopping, doing papwr work, final sales. We felt we weren't being pressured... to make a choice things went along on our time frame.

• December 23, 2019

GO SEE CHRIS SINCLAIR NOW!!! Do not wait another second. He’s by far the best in this business. You’re doing yourself a disservice if you do not go and... see Chris. Chris I cannot thank you enough.

We're pleased to know Chris was able to exceed your expectations and really help you out! Our team looks forward to seeing you again in the future!

October 16, 2020

Do not get the sales person Kenan Manalp he is very inconsiderate he does not call you to keep you updated on the status. I bought a used truck and it... only had one key. Kenan indicated he would order the key and I would be able to pick it up Friday. he has been avoiding me like the plaque. Now I have to go there and see where my 2nd key is and act a fool because he won't communicate.

Thank you for making us aware of you waiting in an extra key. We apologize that it took longer then expected, but appreciate the opportunity to take c...are of it! We appreciate you very much.

September 10, 2020

As always we received great, efficient and friendly service.

January 23, 2020

What great customer service. They always go above and beyond what is expected.

Thank you, Peter for giving us such high marks. We are constantly working to deliver the best possible experience!

October 6, 2019

My experience would have been better had my vehicle not returned to me in worse condition than when I brought it in. I came in for minor repairs and... tire changes, oil change etc. However the day I left my check engine light came on. I spent about 3000 dollars this day. I called the repair technician and he informed me it was an error and that he would clear it. I returned, he cleared it, it was gone, only to return a day later. I could not continue to make trips to the dealership I have to work as well. SO I had to go through my week with my check engine light on causing me great nervousness and paranoia of my wife and children driving our car and suddenly being in an accident because the car has malfunctioned while driving. However, when I called the repairman he ASSURED me that it was a computer glitch of some sort and it was nothing to worry about. He constantly informed me that if it was an error with ANY OTHER PART on my vehicle the auto diagnostic would have caught it when I brought it in for service. I felt at ease only to be shocked when the very next day my vehicle began to sputter, rattle, and jerk as if the power steering had went out and the rattling sounded as if someone had left loose nuts and bolts inside of a vacuum. what is worse you might ask? it was a day that my wife needed the car to run errands. after calling and complaining to the repairman who, might i add, didn’t answer my calls for an entire 3 days, they sent a tow truck to retrieve my vehicle. after speaking with another representative I was told that the "NEW" repairs would amount to almost another $3,000. I am furious and to make matters worse, I PURCHASED MY VEHICLE FROM MATTHEW-HARGREAVES 2000 Twelve Mile Rd, Royal Oak, MI 48067 I was treated as if I was not a loyal customer and I know that I have been swindled out of my money. I am a hard working American that contributed to this society in ways that keep roofs over heads and it is a shame that I have been played in such a way that will prevent me from taking my children to school, going to work and other things that Matthew-Hargreaves Chevrolet dealer ship 2000 Twelve Mile Rd, Royal Oak, MI 48067 care less about. they have staged a coup on my family and put a bitter taste in my mouth when asked if I would ever be a customer to them or recommend them to others. I was taken aback when I was emailed this customer review, then again it may have been an automated error akin to the diagnostic program that just happened missed the additional problems my vehicle DIDN'T have!

Hello, thank you for leaving us feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was not a positive one. When you have an opportunity, pleas...e reach out to us at (248) 658-8649 so we can try to restore your confidence in our business. Thank you again for taking the time to reach out to us, and we hope to hear from you soon.

July 3, 2019

Service was completed as expected at this location.

We are so grateful for your feedback! Thank you for the great review.

April 14, 2019

Paid enough money to diagnose the problem with my car and was diagnosed having a catalytic converter problem, fix would be over $1000, looks like it was... diagnosed wrong because Midas actually diagnosed the real problem as being the AC condenser. Came back to your car service to take care of the real problem and was charged a diagnose fee again, when it was diagnosed wrong the 1st time to begin with, and the only reason why the really problem got fixed was because the 2nd time I shared a real diagnostic by Midas. Shameful service

Thank you for reaching out to us. We regret to hear about the situation you have described. When you have an opportunity, please reach out to us at (2...48) 658-8649 so we can try to restore your confidence in our business. Thank you again for taking the time to reach out to us, and we hope to hear from you soon.

April 8, 2019

I was there for an oil change, but everyone there was really nice

At Matthews-Hargreaves Chevrolet our entire team works hard to ensure 100 percent satisfaction by providing an unparalleled level of quality customer... care. We're glad that it helped to make this a 5-star experience for you, Richard. Thank you for taking the time to let us know and for providing us with this 5-Star rating.