Spitzer Chevrolet Northfield

4.1
388 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Spitzer Chevrolet Northfield from DealerRater.com
  • Best experience every

Jenn is the best ever! Ladies please buy your car from here if your looking for someone with honesty and integrity. I truly felt like she cared about me as a person and not just a client. I am a customer forever as long as Jenn is there. She sets the standard!

Dannita we thank you for the positive review about your experience with our staff at Spitzer Chevrolet Northfield. We appreciate you choosing us and the 5-star rating!

• Great service
    April 22, 2017

Jessica did a super job guiding us through the lease process on both our cars. She was very patient and let us look over several models before making a decision. I have and will continue to recommend her to friends and family.

• I will come back again
    March 6, 2017

My experience with Rich was great. He helped find the perfect car for me. Thank you so much. I would highly recommend him to everyone.

• New vehicle purchase
    January 28, 2017

Just purchased a 2016 Chevy Silverado and had an awesome experience. My salesman Mark Platzar really took car of all my wants. Just be prepared to look at more than one vehicle since inventory moves around. I was on my 4th before I purchased. Love the no haggle prices and great buy. Also the manager Dan was great as well. I will shop here again.

• Customer First Sales and Service
    October 18, 2016

Years of consistently great sales, honesty, and quality customer first service. Straight shooting sales and quality on-time services. I have purchased 8 cars from Spitzer Northfield over 12 years and have always gotten super attention, honest sales and service advice and quality services & treatment. Can' get much better!

• Good Sales staff, poor Business model.

Good sales staff that was friendly, text savy, and even shipped the car over from another Spitzer dealer so I could test drive closer to home. However, Spitzer uses a "no haggle price" business model that made it impossible to buy the Cadillac I test drove. The price of used cars on the window is the only price they will accept. Made it impossible to even bargin for a few hundred dollars. Cash sale, 820 credit score. Next day found the same exact car with 10K less miles, a moon roof and 1 owner for 1k more. Which I negotiated down to the same price as one at Spitzer. I would NOT recommend buying used from here.

James we are sorry to hear you were unhappy with your experience. Our top priority is to deliver the best customer experience in a hassle-free atmosphere, so your feedback will help us continue to grow and improve that process. Thank you.

• Very helpful service

James and Ellery were very kind and helpful, without any pressure, during the buying experience. Thanks!

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Spitzer Chevrolet Northfield! We appreciate the 5-star review and for choosing us to serve you!

• Very disappointing

We went to the dealership on September 21 after receiving a mailer offering $17k for our 2012 vehicle and offering a Malibu lease for 2 years at $219/month. Unfortunately, as the old saying goes, if something seems too good to be true it probably is. and it was, too good to be true. I've bought a lot of cars over the years, I've been buying cars for more than 25 years now. Regretfully, this was one of the worst experiences I've ever had. And I really feel stupid for falling for the post card and going into the dealership. I really should have known better. The first question i asked our sales rep, who honestly was an okay guy, was , "Is this legit?" "Absolutely!" He replied, assuring me they were transparent, the price was the price, etc., etc. After spending two hours at the dealership, 90% of which was spent by us wandering the lot or sitting in the showroom waiting for him to come back, i can honestly say the dealership is anything but transparent. the price is not the price without serious back and forth, which is NOT what our sales guy implied. All the old tricks were deployed: from "I have to go see the manager" to hanging onto my keys after the trade-in evaluation to taking us for a test drive while they were still finalizing the numbers and on and on. But probably most egregious was what i consider the blatant falsehood from the ad we received. The $17k offered was positioned as 10% over the black book value. Instead, we got an offer of $12k and a story, that, "Our car was really not a high demand car." Fine, no problem, but no explanation was offered as to how the $12k number was "10% over black book value." Again, I feel stupid for falling for it and expecting honesty when I directly asked if it was legitimate. So, for the life of me, I cannot understand why a car dealership treats its potential customers so poorly. We'd already driven a Malibu elsewhere and were comfortable with the care, explained that to the sales guy, had a supposed "offer" for a deal (granted, i knew it would vary, but it was NOTHING like what was advertised) and tried to make an efficient purchase. Nope, we slid into their standard operating procedure: wait, wait, wait, haggle, haggle, haggle, wait, wait, wait, and on and on. Folks, let your customers buy the way THEY want to buy, don't force everyone to buy the way YOU want to sell; that's the way almost every other business operates. Be flexible, be fair, be honest, treat your customers with respect. That's all I'm asking. I don't want all of your profit, I'm a capitalist, and a business guy, I get it. I just don't want to be treated so poorly. So after two hours, we finally left, without a car and with very negative feelings about this dealership.

Brad, we are very sorry you had a negative experience with our dealership. I have passed on your feedback to our General Manager and he is looking into this. We appreciate all of our customer feedback.

• Great dealer

Nice environment, great deal, fair price. I bought my first car here, all exceed my expectations.

Thank you for the great review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your car shopping experience so much. Thank you for choosing Spitzer Northfield.

• absolutely great dealership to buy from

Nicholas, thank you for choosing Spitzer Northfield. We are so happy to hear that you had such a great experience at our store.

Sam Frankina is the salesman that helped me. Him and the financing staff did a great job getting me the car I was there for. I would highly recommend shopping here for a vehicle. Very satisfied.