Rydell of Independence

New (319) 327-5518 (319) 327-5518
Used (319) 327-5440 (319) 327-5440
Service (319) 327-5254 (319) 327-5254

4.5

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

Repeat Buyer

Great experience buying a new vehicle. Very friendly and answered questions in a timely manner.

Dealer response

Reed, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Rydell of Independence. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Safe travels!

Extremely poor

Dodge 1500 is the poorest quality product ever! Appt made 2 1/2 weeks out. Truck dies. Voicemail. No return calls. Appt means nothing. Truck not looked at on scheduled date. Then told they are doing me a favor and working it in. Never again!

Awesome, friendly people

I'm a tell it like it is kinda guy. If there's something I don't like, I'll share that with others to help inform them. And when I'm treated right...I'll let the world know that too. Jeff Haight and all that I have dealt with at Rydell, treat you as family and with respect. No pushy sales, just straight-up great deal. (And believe me, I know what a good deal should be on cars!) I highly recommend.

1.0

Service department over phone is yokelish.

Needed repair on a part only the dealership could perform that was diagnosed by an outside mechanic, after discussing this with service in-take person, stated they could get the work done, and quoted a price. After dropping off car was called and stated they couldn't do the service as it was not available. He told me the diagnostic problem (same as I told him from other mechanic) and they did a test drive...?So issue not resolved, service not done as requested, and told I had a bill over quoted price of service that I wanted, plus I checked the box that wanted quote if anything other was to be done. After talking over my point with service person on phone about bill and nothing done that I requested, service dropped the bill, but told me never to bring a car to their dealership again! I was professional throughout this process, but he went straight to defensive language to defend the work they 'did' that I did not want. BTW, I'm from this town with many relatives and friends, I have nothing good to say now about this dealership that I have purchased cars from....just saying...word of mouth is your best friend or worst enemy.

Dodge

I called first thing in the morning regarding my vehicle and was told someone would call me back shortly they just needed to enter my VIN in their system is what I was told. By 2:30 still no return call and a vehicle that was barely running. I went to Rydell’s at 2:45 and was told it would be just a few minutes and they could run a diagnostic test for me. Over an hour I sat and waited before I was told their internet was down and they couldn’t run the test. They asked if I could wait just a few more to see if it came back up and after 20 more minutes I finally inquired again on the status only to be told still no internet. I was provided a loaner vehicle (didn’t accommodate the seating I needed but I made it work). The next day still no call by 10:00am and was told their internet was still down. Finally about 2:00 the second day a diagnosis that they wanted to fix for $500 more than another local company could fix it for. Upon having my vehicle fixed elsewhere I was told my motor cover was missing. I again stopped at Rydell and sure enough they found it that morning but no one took the time to contact me to let me know. Also noticed a 5.95 miscellaneous charge on my bill and upon inquiring was told it’s fod chemicals and disposals of product. How was I charged this for a diagnostics test that doesn’t use chemicals or require any disposal of product?! Their reason was it’s a standard charge. Very disappointed with Rydell!

Dealer response

We are sorry you had a bad experience at our dealership. We were experiencing difficulties with the Chrysler Witech system during that time and so it hindered us in diagnosing your car in a timely fashion. We had given you a loaner car to assist you because of our technical issues. We always quote repairs using original parts to insure quality products and excellent warranty. Please let us know if we can assist you in the future. Thank You

Great firsttime buying experience with no pressure

Great service! No pressure at all to buy, but I ended up with a perfect car within my price range. Emailed with Jeff Haight, who actually came in on his day off just to help us out! Options were all clearly presented to me, and the rest of the staff were very helpful with all the things I was unfamiliar with.

4.0

Great service, no hassle!

I was looking for a different car and found one on dealer website, called to set up a test drive and drove away in my "new" car within an hour of arriving at the dealership. Everyone was nice and helpful. Thank you!

Unsatisfied

The experience was unprofessional. They test drove my vehicle without asking, offered an unfair price and degraded my trade-in, and had us stand outside while figuring an offer. I felt offended by some comments. I was ready to purchase but will be going somewhere else.

Terrible car buying experience

I purchased a new 2016 Lincoln from this dealership. After several failed attempts to fix a serious service issue, I was beyond frustrated with Pinicon. I contacted Ford for some resolution. As soon as I contacted Ford, Pinicon stopped dealing with me directly and will only contact me through a Ford representative. Their customer service is the worst that I have ever dealt with in my entire life. They do not back their product nor do they support their customers when a seriou issue arises.

Dealer response

I'm sorry you have had a bad experience with our dealership and that you are experiencing problems with the MKX. We don't like it any more than you do. We enlisted our resources at Lincoln Motor Company to assist us and spent several hours over several days trying to diagnose and pinpoint this issue. Unfortunately, intermittent electrical issues can be difficult to determine. Our resources at the Tech Hotline indicates it could be an environmental interference where the vehicle is normally parked. While that possibility exists, we were not satisfied and continued looking into the concern. We could have done a better job of communicating with you as to our progress. I'm truly sorry we did not. If there is anything we can do in the future to assist you, our door is always open. John Butler General Manager Pinicon Ford Lincoln Independence, IA 319-334-6033 Work 319-361-9575 Cell

Wonderful, no hassle experience!

I was in the market for a new car and an employee of Pinicon, Brad Spece, brought me over some sales brochures on different cars. I decided on the CMax, which I wouldn't have even looked at if it hadn't been for Brad. Brad (the mechanic) took the time to go over the CMax and Escape with me. Stayed 90 minutes late after work to answer my questions, along w/Judd Taylor (the sales guy) and made me feel like they had no other place to be or would rather be. Due to Brad's knowledge, I will definitely be taking my car to Pinicon and requesting Brad to do the mechanical work it may require in the future. Judd Taylor and Wint Barth were able to get me the payment I wanted and the paperwork was done before I got there. It was fast, simple, easy and there was absolutely no pressure. The building was clean, the people were extremely nice, not just to me and my daughter, but to each other. It was Good Friday when I went in to sign the papers and get my new car and what stuck out to me was that before each person left, they all told each other goodnight, Happy Easter and to have a nice weekend, even if it meant going to track that person down to do it. Just a nice, friendly atmosphere. I would and will recommend this dealership to anyone in the market for a new car and will recommend Brad Spece to anyone in the market for an honest, knowledgeable mechanic. Truly wonderful experience all around.