Nye Chevrolet

11 reviews

November 28, 2012

I have a 2011 Chevy 2500HD vehicle with the GM protection plan which covers an annual oil change and tire rotation free of charge for the first two years... of service or 24K miles whichever comes first. I made an appointment with Paul (the service manager) to bring my vehicle for these services to Wilber Duck Chevrolet on November 12, 2012. The vehicle was purchased in November 2011 from another dealer in the Rochester, NY area and in accordance with the service manual an oil change is warranted every year of 6K miles whichever comes first. Since I store this vehicle during the winter months I elected to have these done before I put it away for the winter. I specifically put a black dot with permanent marker on my oil filter as I have heard through various sources that different dealerships do not always perform the work properly. I even went as far as to record myself doing this on my phone and have the footage. Well the transaction took place and I ASSUMED all was done properly as the bill indicated such as they charged Chevrolet/GM (these were under warranty through this protection agreement) for an oil filter, 6 qts of oil and a multi-point inspection. However I climbed under the vehicle and to my surprise the oil filter was the same one I had already marked. In fact, I am not sure that the service center even did an oil change as the oil before I went in for the service was not that dirty. This is unacceptable and I tried to contact the dealerships service department twice only to get the voicemail prompt which I did not leave any message. This is horrific way of doing business and if this is the way this dealership does their business it is a disgrace and needs to be told to the rest of the public so no one else gets duped. I will NEVER go back to this underhanded dealer for anything.