Berlin City Kia VT

81 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

January 3, 2019

I don't suggest going there for their "free" state inspection. Their clear goal is to take advantage. They came and told me my car failed,... rotors were "rusted". When informed that all four were replaced, they claimed it was the breaks, also done three months ago, they back-tracked. They claimed there was "a half inch of rust" on the rotors (impossible, also surface rust is no longer failable under state law) but it was still passable. Suddenly it was the calipers that were froze. When informed those were also recently redone, they passed the car. Unreal that a car can go from "failing and unsafe" to passed state inspection so quickly. They saw a single mom and saw dollar signs, unfortunately for them I'm not uninformed as they thought. Will have car checked by someone else to make sure they didn't sabatoge anything.

December 29, 2018

We worked wit nick n was so great n if u ever need a car see him thank u so much was a wonderful experience n great people to deal wit thank u

• October 6, 2017

I want to stay with Berlin City, for purchasing a car and for its wonderful service! The annual State Inspection is complementary; you receive a free... car wash coupon for each appointment; the service staff is wonderful! Kenyon in particular is knowledgeable about my car's history and offers conservative recommendations for what must be done and what can be held off until another appointment. My husband has had 2 Kias; my Spectra is nearly 9 years old and I love it. The Berlin City waiting room is roomy and pleasant but the free shuttle is convenient for longer service and the drivers have been delightful. Just after my recent tune-up, I met a friend in a parking lot...she asked if my car was new. Not! Turns out her Kia is also 9 years old and she wouldn't go to another dealer in the future. It's also nice when you learn of recalls and Kia is not on the list. My Spectra has been so reliable, roomy, comfortable, and easy to drive. I hope they'll make another model with the spacious back trunk-area storage as we use it to haul trash to the dump, building supplies and my paintings to art shows.

June 13, 2018

These people are disgusting, disorganized and dishonest. I went in seeking a used car with under 30k and of course they tried to push a new car on me.... I have good credit, not great but in the good range. I was trading in a vehicle with negative equity so I understood my payments might be a little higher. They REFUSED I mean REFUSED to run a loan for anything used and pushed me into a Kia Forte -brand new. Knowing that I needed a new car asap they are charging NINE percent interest. When I finally conceded to get a Kia Forte they would not even put me in the model that was 1,000 dollars more (even though I was willing to pay more, and they could have lowered the interest) so I could have at least some nice features like a backup camera etc. They ruined my first new car buying experience. Not to mention it took SIX HOURS. They had no clue what they were doing, no one communicated with us, the sales guy had me drive around all different cars for 2 hours before coming and telling me "oh sorry they won't let you get anything used". Then they wrote all the paperwork up wrong and had trouble with their printer. In 2 years I'll be trading in this vehicle NOT at Berling City and have been telling everyone who will listen to never venture there. Really left a bad taste in my mouth with how blatantly they took advantage.

March 27, 2018

If I could give them a negative star I would! I understand my situation wasn’t ideal or easy! But that being said they didn’t listen to me, kept trying... to get me to buy vehicles I didn’t want, my sales agent was brand new and I don’t think he should have been on the floor yet! They continued to run credit apps after being told to stop! Our credit was ran 12 TIMES!!! Dropping my credit score significantly! Wasn’t communicated with very well. This place is awful! I love Kia but I HATE Berlin city! I will never recommend this dealership to anyone or ever consider using them in the future, I’ll drive 5,000 miles to a different dealership if I have too!

March 22, 2018

Phil was wonderful. This my fourth car that I bought from Berlin City. Which says it all. I will always keep coming back. They are the best.

March 5, 2018

This was my first time purchasing a new car, and I am almost certain that I will forever go through Kia Berlin City, and I will also be using Phil ( the... man who sold me my car). They are efficient and truly try to get you into a car that suits you and your needs, at a reasonable price!

February 19, 2018

I leased a Kia and I enjoyed my overall experience at Berlin City. The staff was knowledgeable and helpful. The vehicle is fun to drive and gets great... gas mileage.

January 11, 2018

This was just supposed to be a service appointment for our 2015 Kia Soul. I had received a few emails about the great deals on new cars and how combined... with what I could get for my used Kia that I could be driving a new car for less. So out of curiosity I started checking out the new 2017 models online. I was impressed with many of the the new improvements I read about, safety being the primary one. So I decided while there I would take a look at the new Kia Souls. It was something to pass the time while I waited for our car to be serviced. In October 2015 we traded in our 2013 Kia Soul on a new one at Berlin City and the buying experience was the best I ever had purchasing a car. (Read my review on that from (October 31, 2015). We live 2 hours from the dealership but it is the only place I go for any service regardless of how big or small it may be. I know it sounds crazy to most people to drive 90 minuets both ways for just regular car maintenance but I have several reasons. There are 2 types of employees at Berlin City, the ones that treat you like royalty and the ones that treat you like family. No matter which you deal with, you look forward to the visit and leave feeling good about yourself. Over the last 2 years I have dealt with a fantastic Service Team on several different types of service. Ryan Maxwell and Austin Hemingway have always been great to deal with. They accommodate my scheduling needs and get me in and out of the dealership as quickly and painlessly as possible. They are very knowledgeable in their work and trust worthy about the vehicle needs That is why I keep making the long trip. Eric Smith the Servise Manager should be proud of these employees. We were going to wait another 2 or 3 years to get our next Kia Soul and as I said this was just supposed to be a scheduled service appointment. The first thing that started to change that to buying a new car was when I arrived. I was lucky and found a parking space not far from the entrance, however I am 65 and use a cane. I noticed a salesman saw me getting out of the car and started sprinting across the showroom to hold the door open for me. After welcoming me to the dealership he rushed back into the room to work with customers he already had. This nice gesture was much appreciated and gave Yousif Yousif an A+ in my book. After dropping off my keys at service and a little chit chat with the guys I went to find Yousif. The couples he had been working with were now in Finance so we went to look at the new 2017 Kias. The only Caribbean Blue (the only color we would want) had just been sold. We still looked at some and Yousif was very knowledgeable about the improvements. We took one for a test drive and by the time we got back Yousif could have sold me right on the spot if it had been Caribbean Blue. He took me to see Dedrick Casab to see if one could be found. After a lot of work Dedrick found a 2018 they would have to bring in from out of state.. I had specific things I wanted and a specific monthly payment but most importantly I did not want to put out any money. Yousif and I worked on numbers and Dedrick and I worked on the accessories that I wanted. Remote start and heated seats would have to be added after the car got here but we worked it all out. Yousif and Dedrick were great to deal with. Two more employees Berlin City should be happy to have. The final step in the process was with the Finance Manager Todd Maynard who helped Dedrick get the numbers where I wanted. He kept checking to make sure I had all the features I wanted or that the service team was going to install them later. Todd helped me with all the paperwork, making sure I was getting all I had asked for. All the people at Berlin City Kia were great to deal with and it is the only dealership I will ever use for service or buying a new car..

January 6, 2018

I was promptly contacted through Cars.com about a truck I was interested, and even though I ultimately did not purchase I was thankful for the quick response