Mercedes-Benz of Bellevue

Used (888) 771-1141 (888) 771-1141
Service (888) 337-5778 (888) 337-5778

4.5

1.8

Very frustrating car buying experience, wait was over 4...

Very frustrating car buying experience, wait was over 4 hours to complete paper work. Very unorganized and new process in place to deal with customers.

Unethical

If this dealership promises you something, get it in writing! Very unethical And disappointing. Also, the 2021 450 GLS that I leased has satellite reception problems which they should’ve known since they drove it over 200 miles before I received it. I live over two hours away and have to take it back to them to fix. Not looking forward to it.

Dealer response

Hi Alan, we appreciate you taking the time to respond. The staff at Mercedes-Benz of Bellevue take our reviews very seriously. Our General Manager would like to help turn your experience around. If you're willing, please contact our GM at (425) 249-7391 to discuss what we can do to help.

Poor customer service

Not the level of respect or customer service that I have experienced at other Mercedes dealerships.

Dealer response

Gregory, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. Our General Manager would like to help turn your experience around. If you're willing, please contact our GM at (425) 249-7391 to discuss what we can do to help.

Unhappy at Mercedes Bellevue

We purchased the car less than 1 year ago with an extended 2 year warranty. I took the car in to have the emergency brake adjusted and after dropping the car off, didn't hear back on their diagnosis for almost 2 days. The service rep was uncommunicative and after that time I reached out to the service manager (Eric Gordon - the only saving grace to Autonation / Bellevue Mercedes); he said he'd look into it and get back to me promptly (which he did). Yes, the assemly would need to be replaced and they would cover the entire cost. He said he or one of the team would get back to me the next day with a completion time. I hear from the original service rep the next day saying that the "assembly needs to be replaced, he can't find any record of my warranty, and that I would be responsible for the entire $1,100." At this point, Eric (service mgr) gets involved again and clears up the situation for the rep (Malachi). When checking out Malachi proceeds to justify his lack of communication and knowledge of my file. He asks me 4 different times for a favorable review and gets frustrated when I point out how where he and Autonation fell short in the process. Here's the recommendation, "Don't get stuck with Malachi". Ask for the service manager, Eric Gordon.

Dealer response

Thanks for the feedback, Christopher. We strive to provide excellent service to our customers at Mercedes-Benz of Bellevue. If you'd like, please contact our General Manager at (888) 204-0362. We'd appreciate the chance to make your experience a positive one.

Profit First Customer Second

They sold us a clear plate service (in house vendor) for our brand new E63s AMG only to take off the badges off and not put it back on because of "liability" reasons. The clear plate process took 2.5 months to complete as a result. Reached out to the dealership but it took over a month for them to offer any type of a resolution and they refused to make things right to satisfy their customer's complaint. It was their profit first, customer second. We will never return to this dealership to purchase a vehicle ever again.

Dealer response

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. Our General Manager would like to help turn your experience around. If you're willing, please contact our GM at (888) 204-0362 to discuss what we can do to help.

poor service at Mercedes-Benz of Bellevue

At the time I bought my car from this dealer in 2016 I paid for four years of service. Yesterday I had the car serviced, as scheduled, for the third time. When I went to pickup the car my advisor told me, while obviously rushed and focused on other matters, that everything was fine, including brakes, tire wear, air pressure, fluid levels, upgrading of software, etc. I left and started to drive home, but immediately noticed the instrument panel indicated that the tire pressures were grossly incorrect. I returned to the service area. The service advisor never came., but a nice young man asked me how he could help and I told him. He then pumped the tires to the appropriate pressures, apologizing for the poor quality of service I'd received. If the mechanic who "worked" on my car didn't even get the tire pressures correct, do I have any confidence that the rest of the service was done properly? NO! Would you?

Dealer response

Hi Richard, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Please call our General Manager at (888) 204-0362 for ways we can work towards resolving these issues. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Car repair

Poor ... too expensive, was not informed in advance as requested

Dealer response

Hi John, we appreciate you taking the time to respond. The staff at Mercedes-Benz of Bellevue take our reviews very seriously. If you'd be willing though, our General Manager would love to talk with you and rectify these issues. You can contact the GM at (888) 204-0362 -- we hope to hear from you soon.

AutoNation Needs Serious Customer Service Training

We’ve had very disappointing experiences ever since AutoNation bought Barrier. I’ve owned Mercedes cars for more than 22 years. My husband has owned Mercedes cars much longer. I scheduled a B service for my 2020 SUV two weeks ago and was quoted it would cost $350. When I arrived for the service, I was told it would be $1,200!! This was for an oil change. In 2020, my husband wanted to buy me a new Mercedes for my birthday even though I loved my Mercedes sedan. We arrived at the Bellevue location early in July and were told by the salesman he was busy and We needed to schedule an appointment for later in the week!! My husband left an angry phone message for the Manager. She called him shortly and apologized for unacceptable service. She said if we were willing to come back early the next morning, we would be taken care of. (We drove from Gig Harbor.). We arrived the next day and chose an SUV. They wouldn’t let us pay cash or pay by debit card. We had to finance the car for 30 days until the car statement arrived and we promptly paid it off. AutoNation is a huge step down from the days of Barrier and Phil Smart. Our recent experiences buying a Tesla and corvette convertible were pure joy compared to AutoNation! We will never return to AutoNation again.

Dealer response

Hi Elaine, we regret your experience with us here but are glad you brought this to our attention. Our General Manager would like to help turn your experience around. If you're willing, please contact our GM at (425) 249-7391 to discuss what we can do to help.

2.0

Overpriced. Had my car towed to the nearest dealership...

Overpriced. Had my car towed to the nearest dealership which was Mercedes of Bellevue due to an ignition issue. They quoted steering lock control module cost of $2,334.31. The price was a bit of a sticker shock so I called another local dealership with different ownership, Mercedes Benz of Lynnwood. They quoted the same repair at $1,436.85, I could not believe that Mercedes of Bellevue was charging 62% higher than another local dealer. To Mercedes Benz of Bellevue's credit, they matched Mercedes of Lynnwood's price, but only after I provided the quote as proof. If I could have started the car, I would have just taken it to Lynnwood. At the end of the day, their service prices are too high based on my experience.

I had to leave

Without looking at my car, this lady rep in servicing (Lisa, Lori?) told me I needed $2100 dollars worth of service. I questioned her and made a phone call. I told Mercedes Benz of Bellevue to give me my car back.. I bought the vehicle at that dealership 2 years ago. At 50k miles, she said I need spark plugged changed etc! Nothing about the vehicles diagnostic system.. which codes A service and 20 codes ( check transmission) the vehicle tells you what it needs. Instead of paying $2100 - I paid $859, and was told my vehicle was in excellent condition.. just thought you should know. Total up sell... we have 6 Mercedes in sour immediate family... I?ve not have a honest consultation since I?ve been going to this dealership. FYI! they don?t make the bulk of the money on car sales

Dealer response

Hi Kent, we appreciate you taking the time to respond. The staff at Mercedes-Benz of Bellevue take our reviews very seriously. We strive to maintain excellent business relations at our dealership. Please call our General Manager at (425) 249-7391 to discuss ways we can work towards resolving this issue to your satisfaction. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Second chance disappoints

This is the second time I went in for service, and I do not plan to go back. Check in was OK, in the sense that they didn’t lose my appointment (like the other gentleman that was trying to check in). My advisor acted as if he could care less and never called throughout the day to give me an update. Picked up my car the next day and the “overdue for service” light was on when I got home. Not to mention that I couldn’t get my advisor’s attention when I came in. Radically different than the excellent service I got when I bought my car in Dallas. I am a Seattle girl, but this place pales in comparison when it comes to customer service. Really sad.

A litany of errors

This is the ongoing list of reasons why I would NOT recommend MB Bellevue. We purchased a pre-owned (supposedly) certified GL550. -The car had been reserved by someone else. Even though two salespeople knew we were interested in this vehicle (or vehicles with similar specs) we were not contacted when it became available again. I found out through an online search. -We were told MB Bellevue uses 1price so there is no negotiation and every potential customer is given the same price for the vehicle. Yet when this one came back on the market it was listed as several thousand dollars less than price previously quoted. -When we went to see and test drive the car it had not been cleaned or detailed even though it had been on the lot for several days. -The service records showed that the back brake pads needed replacing but the inspection report had not picked this up. When we pointed this out, MB Bellevue reinspected the pads and replaced them. We left the car at the dealership for 3 days for everything to be addressed properly. When we picked the car up it had not been filled with gas and after we took it home and drove it we found out that: -One of the back seat heaters would turn itself off and sometimes wouldn't come on -The nightview assist didn't work -MBrace had not been reprovisioned -There was a cut in the leather on the center console that we had pointed out and were told would be fixed. It was not. -The adjustable steering was not working correctly We took the car back for these things to be fixed. It's not clear why they weren't fixed BEFORE the car was sold. My husband noticed vibration in the steering wheel when driving at freeway speeds. All the tired were brand new when we picked up the car and when my husband called about the vibration, MB Bellevue said they suspect it's because the wheel had not been balanced. My husband made an appointment to take it in this morning and when he arrived there was no loaner car available. He was told our car would be ready for pick up at 4:00pm today. He received a call at around 3:55pm saying that it was not ready with no reason given for the delay. Even though he spoke to the Service Manager when he dropped the car off this morning, MB Bellevue still continues to disappoint. They're supposed to call once this latest issue has been fixed. Based on all of this, I would strongly advise going to another MB dealership for purchasing and servicing.

2.0

Avoid this dealer if you want any service on your MB. ...

Avoid this dealer if you want any service on your MB. Horrible knowledge, great on coming up with all sorts of excuses to justify their errors.

2.0

The purchasing experience was expected--multiple visits,...

The purchasing experience was expected--multiple visits, calls, emails, during the time the salesperson was obviously disappointed we changed our minds from a new car to a CPO purchase. The pricing was fair for the product, and the entire check-out process was actually pleasant enough for me to say OK. It was the post-sales work that has been horrible. It has been 2 months since we purchased the vehicle, the temporary plates have expired, I have not heard from the sales person NOR his manager in over a month. Even worse, the promised mBrace trial cannot be used since the vehicle (even though CPO by this dealership) was never programmed properly for mBrace to begin with!! Our service appointments are 'paid' for with Barrier; however, once that period is over you can be sure we will NOT be returning to Barrier Mercedes Benz. They have lost our trust BIG TIME. DO NOT BE LURED BY THEIR PRETTY SHOW ROOM OR SERVICE BAYS. THESE PEOPLE WILL NOT HELP YOU AFTER YOU SIGN. We regret purchasing our vehicle (although the vehicle thus far has been awesome) from this dealership and from our sales rep, Brian.

2.0

Today I just walked away from this dealer for good! I...

Today I just walked away from this dealer for good! I feel so relieved that I decide to buy a different car next time. I'm going back to BMW which I always loved. 4 years ago, when I decided to update my BMW 5 series, I thought it might be fun to try Mercedes. The first place I tried is Barrier Motors in Bellevue. Needless to say, I was very disappointed due to the snobbish sales people. They were not friendly, and very aloof on our request for service. Disappointed, I shopped at Phil Smart in Seattle, which gave me a totally different experience! I was really impressed with the level of service that comes with the purchase. However, since I live in Bellevue, I didn't want to have my car serviced in Seattle, and so I went to Barrier Motors for service. They accepted me, and I had a good luck working with a guy who is really nice. Unfortunately, that guy left the company not long ago, and since then, my experience has not been very pleasant. Today I finally got fed up, and cancelled my reservation right in front of the service rep due to the rude attitude and bad experience. I told them they had just lost a customer forever. Good luck! Mike

2.2

Maintenance

They never follow up with request or something they promise. Never Calll service. Wait on hold No one cares

Poor service at Mercedes

Disappointed with the service. 1st of all I was kept waiting - standing outside my car - for 10 mins while the service manager came in.Then the part was not there and I was told I needed to call the parts department to check if the part has arrived in 10 days. I asked why I could not be called when the part arrives instead of me calling to keep on checking if the part had arrived. The Service Manager told me that they did not have the process to to do that unless I left my car for an undetermined amount of time at the dealership until the part arrived. I expect better from a Mercedes shop. I own a Lexus too and as soon as I go there, I am immediately received by an associate and am never left standing feeling if I am ever going to get anyone's attention. I hope the Bellevue Mercedes Benz service center improves its service and pays attention to its customers

Dealer response

Hi, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We care about all our customers and wish to restore your good faith in our dealership. If you'd be willing, our General Manager would like to speak with you at (425) 249-7391 to discuss ways to improve your experience with our dealership moving forward. Thank you for your input, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Poor experience

The quality of this place has gone down: 1. Normally I drive in , wait in my car, a sales person will come in 2 min, check from a list, tag the car and then walk you to the service manager. This appt, no one showed up, went to the front desk where I was waiting for 10 min even when there were 2 reps(and an add like 3rd one who showed up after few min) and just 1 car ahead of me. 2. Tire pressure was not checked, as soon as I drove out after servicing the low pressure indicator turned on 3. I was willing to wait for 2 hrs, for a bulb replacement (had to leave by 12 and my appt was at 9:40 am), yet the service manager told me that it was not enough time to wash my car and marked the request as do not wash. All work was completed at 11:15 and obviously the car was not washed.

Dealer response

Thank you, for reaching out to us. Your opinion plays an integral part in our customer service. Our General Manager would like to help turn your experience around. If you're willing, please contact our GM at (888) 204-0362 to discuss what we can do to help.

2.3

Did not do a through analysis of the issue

They wanted to do a $2,500 part replacement when a computer reboot resolved the warning light issue.

Dealer response

Thank you, Mike, for bringing this matter to our attention. Please reach out to our general manager directly so that we may ensure more positive results moving forward. Mercedes-Benz of Bellevue, (425) 455-8535

2.4

Mercedes Benz of Bellevue

This is our sixth Mercedes, and we were stunned with how poor the customer service was, how disconnected the sales team was from the finance team and service team and their lack of interest in satisfying us post sale. Not sure if this is reflective of the AutoNation conglomerate or if they have just lost it, but this will be the last car we will buy for them. So disappointing.