(2.3) 279 reviews

Call This Dealer

New Used

2.3
279 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Chapman VW from DealerRater.com
  • Great Place to buy a car.

I bought a used 2011 Jetta TDI in great shape and for a great price. I flew in, from El Paso TX, and they picked me up and had the car ready to go. ...I worked with John Phillips and he was awesome!

• Happy in Tucson

Larry in service is a great guy to work with. Two thumbs up for him and the team. I have been going to the service department for 5 years, never a b...ad job. Keep it up guys, I will be scheduling some recommended work soon.

• Bad customer care

Was sold an all wheel drive vehicle with one tire new/different from others, in a month and a half causing problems and got minimal help on fixing my ...problem. Subaru needs 4 of the same tread tires and this dealership didn???t have the resources to know this, then making me purchase a full new set of tires with offering me one tire purchase.. that doesn???t solve my problem. The sales rep was great, the customer service for something they did wrong not so great at all

Chapman VW

Hello Angel,Your feedback is valuable to us and I would like to discuss this matter in further detail with you. I was not able to each you this mornin...g, so my direct contact information is below. Please reach out at your earliest convenience and I look forward to rectifying this matter with you.Jose Garcia , General Sales Manager , josegarcia@chapmantucson.com , 520.907.2001

• No sense of urgency, customer comes last and "Under Staffed"

Severely lacking in customer service. Workers cannot stick with time frames they give you. They put employees needs before the customer. Will not be g...oing back.

Chapman VW

CY - I appreciate your feedback, and sincerely apologize that your experience was not optimal. Chapman Volkswagen strives to please all our wonderful ...customers by making them our priority and giving our best in customer service. I will be reaching out to you directly to resolve this issue so that your ownership experience becomes a gratifying one. If I am unable, my direct line is 520.512.5891 or if you prefer email: davidrupp@chapmantucson.com. Please be assured I will do my best to make you feel welcome as part of the Chapman Volkswagen Family. -David Rupp , Service Manger

• One hour and 50 minutes to patch a tire

I called on the morning of my service appointment to have my tire fixed and made an appointment with Wendy for 1 pm. At 2;30 I went to the office to s...ee if my vehicle was ready. I was told that their had been another vehicle ahead of me and that the technician was working on it now. I was also told how busy they were today and that the technician was working as fast as he could. I expressed that it should not take an hour and a half to patch a tire when I had made an appointment. 20 minutes later, I was summoned by Wendy and told that my car was ready. I was also told that the service would be comped. I had purchased road hazard on these tires from the dealership; the service should have been free to begin with. I was also told that the technician had a hard time sealing the patch on the tire. This is NOT confidence inspiring. When I looked at the car, I saw several globs of sealant on the hub caps. I will not be returning to the service department here.

Chapman VW

Trisha - Good afternoon, my name is David Rupp service manager at Chapman Volkswagen. I would like to review your last service visit to see what I c...an do to correct your concerns. I appreciate you as being my customer. I welcome a phone call @ 512-5891. Best Regards. David Rupp Service Manager

• Service

Great and timely service, as always. Have been buying cars here for years, and have never been disappointed with service or sales department. Thank ...you

Chapman VW

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience in the dealership. We are happy to have great customers like yourself coming in and... being part of the Chapman Family. Thank you, Brian Hayden

• Shoddy service

We have bought 2 VWs from Chapman and have been hit several times in our Eos. Each time the repairs have been done at Chapman collision. We've had on...e problem after another with repairs not done completely or correctly. There isn't enough room here nor do I have the patience to go into it, but suffice it to say, the last time was a several days long battle and finally the defective part, that Chapman installed, was replaced. Lo and behold when the repair was done they discovered a cracked part which they also had installed. So much for lifetime repair guarantee!!! We will not be back there, not to buy another car nor to repair the one we have.

Chapman VW

I have spoken with Mrs. Krause and we are currently working with her to come to a mutual resolution. Sincerely, Tom Hiller Chapman Collision Center

• no follow through

I recently purchase vehicle from chapman and initially was very pleased with the service. When it was time to submit the paperwork for my license pla...te and registration problems started to arise. I submitted the a tax exempt from since I am in the military. First the salesperson sat on the form for a month until I called inquiring where my plates were. Once the salesman gave it to the title/finance people I thought it would only be a matter of time until my plate arrived. The temporary expired and I called again. The finance department confirmed they received the form but lost it and asked me to get them another one. Sure, I can just take more time off work to get another form approved and stamped and then mail it in or drive the 100 miles to hand it to them in person. You would think after spending 15k you could get a little service or at least have them admit the mistake and pay the 75 dollars themselves. 4 months and still no plate.

Chapman VW

Good afternoon, I would first like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are truly sorry for the mishap... with the lieu tax form. This is not common practice for us, and we are sorry that it happened. I just checked with our title department and they have received the lieu tax form and the plates are being processed currently and should be mailed out the beginning of next week. Next time you are in Tucson, we invite you to stop in for a free detail and tank of gas, on the house for the inconvenience. Once again, we are truly sorry for the experience you¿¿¿ve had and can only hope you will give us the chance to make it right.

• AFTER SALES HAWKS

BE VERYCAREFUL OF LEASING WITH THIS DEALERSHIP MANY AFTER THE FACT COSTS ,DRIVE TO PHOENIX! IF YOU DECIEDE TO BUY THE CAR THEY WANT YOU TO PAY FOR A ...INSPECTION,PLUS OTHER FEES THEY JUST MADE MY EXPERANCE COMPLETLY BAD. THEY ALSO CHANGED THE NUMBERS I GOT FROM VW WHEN I DID MY CREDIT APP. SAVE YOURSELF A LOT OF STRESS ! WATCH OUT FOR O A

Chapman VW

I understand your concerns and I apologize for the potential miscommunication. Your vehicle is only taxed on your payment during the lease period. As ...a result of this if you decide to purchase your lease at the end of its term you are responsible for paying the remainder of the state and city taxes due. You are welcome to purchase the vehicle from Volkswagen directly at the end of your lease and they will charge taxes accordingly. However if you purchase the vehicle from a dealership we have to inspect the vehicle for safety and charge a processing fee for documentation. Our intention is to help the customer in any way we can. Please let me know anyway that I can help you with this process. Brian J Hayden General Sales Manager Chapman Volkswagen 4500 E 22nd St. Tucson, AZ 85711 Direct 520.512.5862

• Bought a 14' Passat

Eric V. Was very helpful and professional as were the rest of the staff that made buying the Passat pleasurable! Will recommend to friends and neighbo...rs!

4500 E 22nd St Tucson, AZ 85711