Lithia Volkswagen of Des Moines

4.8 out of 5 (4.8) 378 reviews

378 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Lithia Volkswagen of Des Moines from DealerRater.com

• October 2, 2016

I brought my 2013 VW Passat TDI SE to Lithia with an electrical problem in which the battery was not charging properly. The service department was ve...ry helpful and was able to get my car in quickly and repaired the next day. The technician evaluated the problem, repaired the vehicle, and then wrote a thorough report afterward.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we appreciate the feedback. We look forward to assisting you with your service and sales needs in th...e future. Have a great day! Sincerely, The Lithia Volkswagen of Des Moines Team

June 18, 2018

Needed new brakes (all four wheels) on a vehicle that was only 14 months old. Amber did everything possible to make the situation right. She was gre...at!

June 8, 2018

I have never been to your place of business, but I have dealt with your parts manager Austin for all the things that were done to my 2015 VW Gof TDI S...EL via telephone and e-mail. He arranged to pick up my vehicle because there was another recall, and sent me a loaner car for the duration. I had a Navigation update installed, which apparently was a first for everyone involved and a learning experience for all also! VW apparently changed the updating procedure in 2015, and it has been so expensive that very few owners have opted to have it upgraded. VW has so heavily protected this software that it is a pain to upgrade! AND quite expensive. One note about that... in every single country on this planet (EXCEPT the U.S.A.), this upgrade is free... no charge at all in any other country on the face of the earth!! And it is rather pricey too... it cost me nearly $400 for the whole upgrade, but at that it was considerably cheaper at Lithia VW than in Omaha, NE. I also had a pair of LED lights installed in the rear bumper in place of the lower reflectors. It adds tail lights, brake lights and turn signals in place of a simple reflector! I am very pleased with the results of that modification. Austin helped me with the scheduling, and he went way beyond what his job entails to give me my best experience with ANY dealer I have ever had in my 50 years of buying cars! Hang onto him, because he is a great asset to your company!!

June 7, 2018

This was the first time I have bought a brand new car for myself. I went to multiple different car dealerships and this one was the best. The moment w...e walked up to the door someone immediately greeted us and found someone who could help us find what we were looking for. I was honestly just looking at cars that day, but everything happened to fall into place and I found the perfect car. Everyone was very nice and helpful. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a vehicle.

June 5, 2018

Thanks Walt for always taking great care of our family.

June 5, 2018

Diagnostics on a recently purchased used car. The service department had been really helpful over the phone when a key fob had failed... they were gr...eat once I corrected that problem and got to the dealer to check out the rest of the car..,

June 5, 2018

I had a good experience working with the staff at Lithia VW.

May 20, 2018

Brian was fantastic. Got me in and out while I waited for my car to be serviced. Nice area to wait with decent wifi to get some work done while there.... Highly recommend.

Overall Experience

Employees Worked With
    May 14, 2018

We were greeted promptly and very courteously. I do not remember the name of the person who checked us in. Brian checked us out and he was very thor...ough and personable. We would plan to return for our future Service work.

May 7, 2018

Sales people easy to work with and very friendly. Didn't have the color car in stock so Chris put in the extra effort and found the one I eventually b...ought. Love my new Bug!

Overall Experience