Goben Cars East

640 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

November 6, 2014

Goben sold me a car last Aug and I am very disappointed in the way Tim (the GM) has handled my situation. I bought a Cadillac SRX. It was a pink Mary Kay... car and the dealership bought the car after the car was painted black. While checking over the car and taking for a test drive, I asked about the paint job and if the car got scratched would it show pink. The salesman assured me that they send these cars back to GM and they put 8 coats over the pink. He said I won't ever have a problem with the pink ever showing up again. After one winter with the SRX my vehicle looks like a pink leopard print Cadillac. I took my SRX back to Goben right away and Tim offered me 1000 dollars and said he could probably get me 1500 dollars to paint the spots that were showing pink. As of recently, Tim has backed out of the 1000 dollars and has changed it to 500 dollars. After one winter I have noticed when they painted the car, they never took off any moldings. This is a nightmare and Tim from Goben just told his salesman who sold me the car to not come in because he doesn't want to talk. I wonder why. I would never buy a car from Goben again.

August 18, 2014

I purchased a vehicle a few months ago from Goben east. I was told that it passed their inspection and was a trade in from owner that babied it. The check... engine light came on 2 days after purchase. I had the codes read by a local mechanic and went back to salesperson to discuss. He said that he was only one there and would talk to the boss and call me. He did call me a few days later and repeatedly told me "car is as is", no matter what I said. It was a really intelligent conversation. The car started to stall and was undriveable. Repairs cost me close to $900. I wouldn't have posted this review but I received an email from Goben to comment on my recent experience. Definitely buyer beware!!

September 22, 2013

While we were at the dealership with the salesman I had a hard time concentrating on looking at the pickup because the salesman was a bit course with his... language and kept talking. Not terrible but it adds up with his inadequate knowledge of the particular pickup, not knowing specifics on engine, towing capabilities, and the like. The vehicle was looking good and the price seemed good to, but when we got it home the door locks failed, so we take it back and 2 days its fixed. About a month after that a pronounced exhaust leak had to be fixed, it was probably there when we bought it, but the talking salesman's voice made it hard to hear the little popping sound. Out of warranty so I paid to fix it, then coming back from vacation with it a front wheel bearing went out. Had to have it towed. I know buying a used car is somewhat risky but I've never had this many problems before with a used pickup, it may be a coincidence but I'll shop elsewhere now.

September 20, 2013

Scott went above and beyond to find just the car I wanted... and then he went one year newer, 20,000 miles less than I asked for and stayed in our budget.... He went the extra mile to install a remote start and get the car waxed at no extra fee. Quinn was patient with us "old folks" explaining all the new electronics built in and helping us. I'll go back to Goben Middleton for my next trade in.

September 18, 2013

Honest price, fast transaction time and good service in finding financing for credit challenged customer. I would buy another vehicle from this dealership.

March 28, 2013

Our experience with Goben Cars was a Huge Success. Finding a newer vehicle for us was coming down to the wire. We searched on the internet and hit, I don’t... remember, how many dealerships and couldn’t find what we wanted and in our price range. We gave a call into Goben an hooked up with a knowledgeable salesman an raddled off what we were looking for and he was on it. Within a couple hours he got back to us with 5 vehicles for us to look at. The Guy went over all the internal differences between vehicles and we made our choice, the papers got signed, and we were on our way. Thanks Guys

March 25, 2013

Our first trade in last year, Josh was awesome, so we came back a second time & very pleased with Josh helping us again! And thank you for the soccer ball.

March 22, 2013

They were very helpful. Staff was very friendly and didn't hover.

September 28, 2012

Once the deal is made, they will not back up their promises or warranties. Unless you want to be stuck with a clunker, shop around and don't deal with... these deceitful hucksters.

February 4, 2012

Worked well with us. The first time we went in they were very busy (yea we were supprised also) But he took the time to talk to us. When we came back (2... weeks later) he got helped make the deal. We were satisifed With the deal. Our truck was a better sell than the caddilac that we bought.

Thank you so much for the great review and your business. We try and do our very best on each and every deal. Thank you for taking the time to wri...te us...