Chilson Wilcox Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM

2.6 out of 5 (2.6) 18 reviews

Call This Dealer

New Used Service

• October 10, 2017

As a woman, I've found that there are times the car salesmen deem you as unintelligent when it comes to cares because you are a woman. This was NOT t...he case at Chilson Wilcox. Charlie was pleasant, informed, helpful and just a delight to work with. I will DEFINITELY be doing business with them in the future.

Kimberly- Thank you for giving us the opportunity to not only earn your business, but to show you that "we sell cars a different way, the RIGHT way" i...s not just a catchy jingle for our commercials, but our way of life here. I am glad we could help you, and am looking forward to doing more business with you in the future! Thanks for the business AND the kind words! Charlie Griswold, Used Car Manager, Chilson Wilcox Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram

January 2, 2018

Would not do Warranty work due to not buying vehicle from them.They we're more than willing to give me the number to corporate to complain. There are ...better dealership around run folks run.

Chilson Wilcox Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram (in Painted Post NY) DOES do warranty work for vehicles not purchased from our dealership. When David from Pai...nted Post NY called to schedule a service appointment for his vehicle purchased elsewhere, and was told that we were scheduling appointments up to 2 weeks out and further due to a busy service schedule, he was very dissatisfied. When our service manager suggested he contact his purchasing dealer in hopes that they could get it in sooner, David from Painted Post indicated he did not want to drive that far, and that we were more convenient for him. Not being satisfied with not being able to get it right in, our service manager him gave the phone number for corporate. Our dealership has an excellent service department that everyone wants to come to for service, and we do our best to accommodate everyone who needs service/warranty work done.

February 11, 2017

Run far away from this dealer!!! I was traveling 5 hours to buy a particular hard to find diesel promaster van they had, they called me 3 hours into ...the trip to tell me the van had problems, thanks for wasting my Saturday, time and money.

On Friday of last week, the Northeast got a snowstorm that left lots of vehicles buried under the snow. As usual when this happens, we brush of the h...undreds of vehicles we have on the lot, then move them all, plow the lot, then put them back on the lot in their places. When moving the Ram ProMaster van on Friday during this process, I noticed a check engine light had come on, so I pulled the van into the service lane and gave the keys to our Service Manager so he could diagnose/fix the check engine light issue. Upon diagnosis, it was determined on Friday afternoon that it needed an ABS module, which was ordered. When we opened for business on Saturday at 10 am, one of our salesmen told me he had a customer on his way from about 4 hours away (Norristown, PA) to see the van. I instructed our salesman to call Mariano Tancredi from Norristown, PA and let him know of the issue. Upon receiving this call, Mariano Tancredi from Norristown PA then screamed at our salesman, told him "we must have known about this issue" and that we had "wasted his time and money" and then sent an email to our salesman that was so vile and disgusting that it cannot be repeated here. I wonder what his reaction would have been if we had NOT called him to let him know of the issue, and instead, let him drive all the way here only to find the van with said issue?!? We do our best to provide the best product, at the best price, (he was coming from about 4 hours away, and we KNOW the price was why), but sometimes things come up out of our control, as this did. His treatment of our salesman with the follow-up email, and his disregard for understanding that we were only trying to give him the information as we had it, is completely misplaced and unprofessional. I wish Mariano Tancredi from Norristown PA luck in his pursuit of finding this "particular hard to find diesel ProMaster Van" elsewhere, for this price, and with these miles, and invite him to contact me directly at cgriswold@chilsonwilcox.com to discuss, if he has any other dissatisfaction with our dealership or our product. Charlie Griswold, Used Car Manager

November 19, 2016

We made the trip from Cortland, which is an hour and a half, not knowing what to expect. After sitting down with Charlie and getting the details on th...e car, we got a GREAT deal on a used Toyota Rav4. I couldn't find any other dealership within $3,000 of their asking price in New York. It was a great experience and well worth the trip, I am so happy with my new car!

Erin & Anthony- Thank you for the kind words and for the opportunity to earn your business! You got a great SUV, for a great price, and I look forwar...d to helping you and your family for many years to come! Charlie Griswold, Used Car Manager

August 25, 2016

Talked to the manager he was arrogant and would talk over me as I was trying to ask questions. He told me that if I was looking to negotiate a deal to... not even bother driving to the dealership! No problem! plenty of used vehicles around.

Chilson Wilcox Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is a "one price selling dealer" meaning when we list a sale price, either online at all of our many websites, o...n the windshield of every vehicle for sale on our lot, or in any newspaper or television ad we do, it IS our best price. We do this because we want our customers to know right up front what our best price is, and we are proud enough of them to list them everywhere on all of our sites. We believe that is the best way to do business, with complete transparency for the customer trying to do business with an honest dealer. Fortunately for Jay from Palmyra NY, our pricing strategy and preowned vehicle selection and the way we advertised the vehicle, was enough to apparently prompt him to call and speak with someone here, and when he didn't hear what he thought he should hear (he heard that we are a "one price selling dealer" who doesn't build in the fluff and markup like most dealers just to haggle negotiate), he decided to write a poor review of our dealership. We work very very hard to be upfront, honest and transparent in our pricing and the way we do business here (selling CERTIFIED preowned vehicles for around/under NADA Clean Trade In Value or LESS in many cases) and welcome all constructive thoughts and reviews from customers, however, would Jay from Palmyra NY expect to walk into an establishment like McDonalds or Walmart (both known "one price selling establishments" and expect to negotiate prices for their products? If he did, and they said no, would he write a poor review on their websites? I think not. I would welcome Jay from Palmyra to call me directly at 1-888-274-7961 to discuss so I can explain to him why we don't negotiate on our already "sale priced" vehicles and show him the value already for the vehicle he allegedly inquired about. Charlie Griswold, Used Car Manager

August 25, 2015

I was really please with my salesman Charlie Griswold. Charlie was very knowledgeable about the Dodge Grand Caravan line of vehicles. Charlie was able... to comfortably address every question and concern I had regarding my purchase of a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan. The buying and vehicle pickup process was seamless without any issue. The vehicle is GREAT! I love it! Thank you Charlie for being such a great salesman.

Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business and to be able to welcome you to the Chilson Wilcox family of satisfied customers and friends! We... sell more Certified preowned vans than any other vehicle, and always try to carry a nice selection with the best value and price available for you to choose from. We work very hard to put the very best product at the very best price for our customers, and always welcome your feedback to tell us how we've done. I look forward to serving your van needs for many years to come! Thanks again, Charlie Griswold, Used Car Manager

June 21, 2015

I bought a used BMW Z4 roadster from Chilson-Wilcox last Fall. The car had low miles and was in great shape. The price was right, too, in part becau...se convertible season was over. The sales experience was great...no pressure, and very professional. I only put a few hundred miles on the car before putting it away for winter storage. After putting it on the road this Spring, I experienced a problem with the power top. I live about a hundred miles from the dealership, so took the car to a local shop for repair under the extended service contract that I had purchased. The repair was expensive, and I ended up with out-of-pocket costs of a little over $200. Here's where it gets good. I sent a copy of the repair receipt to Charlie Griswold, and Chilson-Wilcox reimbursed me for my portion of the balance. They didn't have to do that, since the dealer warranty had expired. It was pure goodwill. My customer experience with Chilson-Wilcox has been outstanding.

Thank you Greg for the kind words. It was our pleasure helping you with your BMW, and look forward to helping you and your friends and family in the ...future! As we always say here and try to prove it every day, "we sell cars a different way, the right way!" Thanks again! Charlie Griswold, Used Car Manager

March 5, 2015

Chilson Wilcox was prompt, courteous and professional all the way around. Car was a great deal too! Very, very easy and fast :-)

Thank you Amanda for the opportunity to earn your business! I hope you enjoy the Journey R/T for many years to come! Looking forward to your next pu...rchase! Charlie Griswold, Used Car Manager

February 10, 2015

The staff was very good to us and we pretty much bought the truck over the phone! Our daughter was in the hospital and they put the sold sign on it si...nce we were so intetested...we could not ask for any better customer service and would go back again!

It was my pleasure to help you with your Diesel truck Bert! Hoping it brings you many years of great service, like our dealership! Charlie Griswold,... Used Car Manager

September 15, 2014

Before signing any paperwork at this dealer, read everything and don't believe what the business manager tells you. I purchased a new 2011 Dodge Journ...ey at this dealer and was lied to by the business nanager regarding any extended warranty, After purchasing 2 new cars and 1 used car from this dealer, I will never go back. There are honest dealers in the same area.

This is Charlie Griswold, Used Car Manager at Chilson Wilcox. After reading Tioga County Buyers review of our dealership regarding their purchase of ...2 new cars and 1 used car, I'd like to invite them to contact me personally to see how I can help clear up their interpretation of the extended warranty issue they had. I have been in the car business for over 27 years, and choose to work at this dealership BECAUSE of the way we do business here. Like most dealerships, Chilson Wilcox Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram offers our customers extended warranties on almost everything we sell, and the majority of our customers see the value and benefit of having warranty coverage on their vehicles even after the manufacturers warranty runs out. If your issue is with the Business Manager and the warranty coverage you purchased, I'd invite you to contact Fred Everetts at 607-962-2434 so he can answer any questions you have regarding your warranty. If you still have questions, or any complaints, feel free to call me directly at 607-962-2434 and I'll do my best to help in any way I can. Our jingle for our commercials is "we sell cars a different way, the right way" is not just a catchy jingle for our ads and commercials, it's our way of life here!

Chilson Wilcox Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM