4.0
Average based on 1 reviews.
  • CarMax - nice cars, but lowballers on trade-ins.

The facility is very nice and the atmosphere is definitely low pressure. The prices are on the high side for new cars, which they justify by saying the cars are thoroughly inspected prior to being sold. The prices are set - no haggling. My only problem with them is they seriously lowballed us on our trade in - I was expecting an offer that would let them make a profit on our trade in, but they were at least four thousand under a conservative Blue Book trade in value. I may go back if I sell my car on my own, but I won't be bringing in a trade.

G-Man, Thank you for your post on your recent CarMax experience. I'm sorry you weren't happy with your appraisal . There's a lot that goes into evaluating CarMax's offer including market value. If you have any questions or want to discuss your experience further, please feel free to call our Corporate Customer Relations team at 800-519-1511.