White Bear Lake Superstore

4.3 out of 5 (4.3) 379 reviews

Call This Dealer

New Used Service

379 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of White Bear Lake Superstore from DealerRater.com

• Awesome Customer Care
    January 8, 2016

Lonnie provided great caring customer service and always has a smile to greet his customers & co-workers. He gives out positive energy to keep the pla...ce a happy environment!

First time buyer
    April 18, 2018

I worked with Cheryl and she was awesome. Not once did I feel pressure. Being a first time car buyer, she helped me understand all the ins and outs an...d helped me think through pros and cons. She was very transparent and honest. She helped me find everything I needed in a car as well as my wants, without going over budget. I thank her for making my experience so pleasurable!

Employees Worked With
    HORRIBLE Customer Service! Treated rudely & disrespectfully!
    April 7, 2018

"HORRIBLE Customer Service! Treated rudely & disrespectfully!" I went to this dealership with intention to purchase a truck for my 17 year old son. Pl...anning on spending $15-$17K, Bruce (sales person)was so rude, condescending, and disrespectful to me, as a women. He made several snide comments to me stating "You obviously don't know what you're talking about" and "You obviously haven't shopped for trucks before." He would not speak directly to me, he insisted upon speaking to the male I had with me, even though "I" was the one buying the truck. There were a few cosmetic things in the truck I asked about fixing ie: cap on the USB and the center console was broken. He said, "What do you think? It's a new truck? It's used! If you had been in any Chevy trucks before, you would know those caps are all broken," and laughed at me. I stated that if he wasn't even willing to discuss the possibility of fixing them, or costs involved to do so, I most likely wouldn't be interest in moving forward with purchasing the vehicle. He mumbled that "I wasted his time" and said "good-luck finding a nicer vehicle anywhere else"... huffed at me and left. Shortly after, I called to speak with a Manger. I spoke with Morrie (Sales Manager). At that moment, he "seemed" apologetic and stated he was embarrassed by Bruce's behavior. He said I could deal with him directly if I would still interested in purchasing the truck. He said he would call me in the am and let me know if those items could be fixed (cap and center council). He called the next day and said he could fix them for me if I was willing to pay the listed, full price for truck. I asked for Carfax and info on the maintenance they did on the truck, as Bruce didn't answer me when I asked him about those items. Morrie sent me a text with that information. I responded to that text and committed to buying the truck and stated I would pay full price as we discussed. He responded and I quote: "I'll call you in a few min but there is someone here now looking at it". "It is being test driven now and may be sold. I will find out shortly". He called me and told me the folks that took it out for a test drive when he received my text (committing to buying the truck) decided to buy it when they returned. He never attempted to inform them, I was purchasing the vehicle or offer the option to them, should the deal with me fall through, they could purchase. He did NOTHING! This was a disgusting move... As if my interaction with this dealership wasn't disappointing enough, Morrie didn't even give me the courtesy of a call to allow me to immediately come down to fill out the paperwork to purchase... or, offer the option of using a credit card to hold the truck (good-faith) for the 10 min it would take me to make it to the dealership to purchase. HORRIBLE customer service, they do NOT put the customer 1st, nor care about doing the right thing. Disgusting all around!!! I wish I would have read the customer reviews prior to even looking at trucks there... I would not have even considered a dealership who is so disrespectful to women and people in general, they ONLY care about making a quick sale. These are the type of smarmy sales people to give used car sales people the bad reputation. I know there are a lot of good used sales people out there, but I did NOT encounter ANY at this dealership!!! I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU THINK TWICE BEFORE GOING THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worst ever
    March 25, 2018

A friend who is developmentally delayed bought a used car. He walked away with over four thousand dollars of warranty add one. Which was his mistake. ...He paid four thousand dollars down and walked away with a loan of more than $21,500 for a $16,000 car. Used car deals cannot be undone in MN. On his behalf I spoke with the owner, Lee Gatrell, who said he might be able to help. He said he would make his profit on the first car and help my friend out on the second car. I trusted he would do so. We worked with the same sales rep, Eddie. After several visits my friend found a ???more affordable??? car. Eddie kept assuring us that Lee, who was in Las Vegas, told him how to handle the transaction. When we made it to the finance manager Fast Eddie instructed the finance manager not only to keep my friends $4,000 down payment from the first transaction my friend, but to only allow $12,000 as trade in for a $17,000 original car this is after 1 1/2 Months. An actual difference of $4,995. After a minor discount of $1,500 of on the less expensive $13,995 used car my friend put another $5,000 down, and now has a loan for $11,000. In summary, my delayedfriend is now out $9,995 cash and has a car valued $13,985 and a loan for over $11,000. This group took further advantage and enriched themselves in a most disgusting fashion. Bottom line is, if you ever decide to purchase a used OR new car in White Bear Lake DO NOT go to White Bear Lake GMC Super Store. They have no character and are deceptive and exceedingly self serving. Thanks for ???helping??? my friend out Lee and Eddie.

Eddie is the man
    December 1, 2017

For months Eddie helped me letting me know when he got a new truck in he will text me pictures of every truck he gets and will do everything in his po...wer to make shore that I will get the best deal he went above and beyond for me I have been to a lot of dealers in my day all I can say is that Eddie is the best I ever had I never met a dealer that I really trust but Eddie is the man

A pleasant experience
    October 20, 2017

I purchased my used car from Cheryl at the WBL Superstore. I found her and everyone else I encountered to be friendly and helpful. I believe I got an ...honest best price for this vehicle. I would heartily recommend this dealership to anyone.

Sales and service after the sale!
    October 6, 2017

The White Bear Lake GMC Super Store has outstanding service. Their staff go above and beyond to make sure their customers are satisfied. Employees th...at are this invested in their customers satisfaction are a reflection of the management / owners values and mission. You should be proud of your Team! Thank you

Dont buy from them
    August 5, 2017

Our van is crap. We have contacted the dealership multiple times just to get directed to someone else. Our van was delivered with damage. The led ligh...ts are falling down. Drivers side panel moves in and out. Rips in the leather. No towing package that we paid for. They didn't add the graphics. Buttons came off. Alignment is off. Back doors do not align up. Trim is all messed up. Don't know the wifi code to use.

will exceed all expectations
    July 5, 2017

Everyone at this dealership has been so nice and helpful...from sales to financing to parts to service. A first class business...the customer service ...is exceptional.Patrick in service has been amazing!

Overall Experience

best car purchasing experience ever.
    January 2, 2017

We have purchased cars in the past and have never had such a great experience as we had working with Cheryl. She made me feel so comfortable that whe...n we test drove the car it felt like i had a friend with me and we were just driving around. She connects with her customers and we felt she cared about us more than just the sale of the car.

White Bear Lake Superstore