4.2
  • Outstanding Customer Service!

I recently purchased a certified pre-owned vehicle from McGrath City Honda and felt compelled to write this review! First, let me say I hate going to car dealers and have avoided such in the last 17 years. McGrath, however, and specifically Carl and Gilbert helped to change my opinion about this car dealer! I am a very particular customer who researches her vehicles thoroughly. I experienced very honest and clear communication at McGrath and felt no pressure whatsoever to purchase. Both Gilbert and Carl wanted to ensure I had good experience and got the right vehicle for me, with a fair price. I visited twice and find their customer service exceeded my expectations. After purchase, that same customer service continued. After waiting for a call to set up service, I called them and within hours received three phone calls to apologize that service hadn't reached out sooner and a guaranteed date to bring the vehicle in for the minor bumper repair they wrote into my purchase. In addition to this quick follow-up, they washed and detailed my car for me again!! Gilbert is kind, laid back, and a no-pressure salesperson - which we loved! Carl was easy to work with, quick, witty, and we loved his sense of humor. Add to all this the fact that I am driving a car I love and McGrath City Honda is a win-win!!

Thanks for the marvelous review, Sara. We believe in a friendly and courteous customer service and I'm happy to hear Carl and Gilbert could make such a great impression on you. I will share your comments with the rest of the team. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Best Regards, Mike Halloran, mikeh@mcgrathcity.com, (773) 889-3030 - General Manager

• Absolute worst car-buying experience !!

I wish I would have read the reviews before I came here because it sounds like many people have had similar negative experiences. Wow this was baaad! I never write reviews, but felt compelled to warn others of this place. We were in the market for a used accord and saw one here that met our specifications. Since we were coming from 1.5 hours away, we called ahead to see if the price was negotiable. They made it sound like it totally was. My husband talked to a staff member at length about his trade and other info. They talked numbers and the sales lady agreed that his offer seemed reasonable. After we decided we might want to purchase, we talked numbers at length to the sales man who made us believe there would be negotiations. Then here comes the used car manager Carl telling us the price was not flexible at all!!! It was beyond disappointing. We wasted a whole day. The craziest part is that Carl got upset and raised his voice at us!! After this, we had a great talk with John S who is the general sales manager of the whole place and he was very reasonable and listened to our concerns. He seemed willing to offer it for less/negotiate, but at that point we didn't want to give them our business. Why do you have sales people if the price is as marked?? We would just go to the register and buy it for a fair price.

Angela, thank you for alerting us of this issue. Our top priority is delivering 100% customer satisfaction, and I'd like to extend my sincerest apologies for your recent experience. Although we would have preferred to have provided you with a much better experience, your feedback will allow us to strengthen our processes in an effort to provide our customers with a more pleasant and seamless experience in the future. Mike Halloran, mikeh@mcgrathcity.com, (773) 889-3030 - General Manager

• Very professional and prompt service.

Ethan is very professional. I liked how he checked in with me. As soon as I arrived, I was taken care of.

Melissa, thanks for the great review. Ethan is a key member of our team and I am happy to hear he could provide you with an outstanding experience. Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can assist you with anything else. Best Regards, Mike Halloran, mikeh@mcgrathcity.com, (773) 889-3030 - General Manager

• Friendly and Fast

Ethan was super helpful with any questions I had. Everyone I encountered was very nice. The service was fast and the price was good. And I was thankful that I was offered a free car wash! I was not expecting that.

Leah, thanks for the fantastic review! I am happy to hear everything went well for you and our staff could provide you with a positive experience. Sincerely, Mike Halloran, mikeh@mcgrathcity.com, (773) 889-3030 - General Manager

• Oil change

I was greeted immediately by Will, he was very helpful & thorough. I asked if I could ask for him everytime I need service & he said absolutely. They checked everything out for me & washed my truck, it was a good day, thank you Will & staff. I will be a repeat customer for sure.

• Fantastic Treatment!

Ali. Every time he is kind and helpful, friendly and professional. I appreciate the time he takes to make sure that I understand my car's needs and, more importantly, he makes sure to understand my needs.

• Family friendly

I like that they have a play room so that my children can be occupied while we're waiting. I am always happy with my service here.

• !st Oil change

Quick and very friendly but I wish I got my 1st oil change on my new CRV car for free all other dearlers do...Just saying

• It was good

Everyone was great at the service area. They were polite and took care of me, even the cashier was nice.

• Great service

Ali was very friendly and helpful. The ladies at the check out counter were very pleasant as well. Overall, very pleased with the service.