Charles Automotive Inc.

3.5
Average based on 4 reviews
  • Great Service!

Great - hope it helped warm things up. Charles GM

I had my remote starter put in 2011 Traverse AWD. I was very happy with the service I received. I would recommend them anytime to my friends and anyone I know!

Great - hope it helped warm things up. Charles GM

• 3 Strikes & You're Out

After moving into the Coloma area in 2012 I stopped in to Charles Automotive and talked with Rodney the service manager. We discussed my philosophy and expectations on service & repairs. Rodney was very friendly and wanted my business and introduced me to the owner. We have two vehicles that we have serviced, a 2003 TrailBlazer and a 2012 2500 HD Duramax. Strike One - came when we had the TrailBlazer serviced and received the bill. It was about $20 more than other Chevrolet dealers I checked for the same service. I stopped back and talked to Rodney and he made things right. Strike Two - After having my 2500 HD serviced I noticed they added 5 gallons of DEF fluid at about twice what I pay for the same fluid at Farm & Fleet. I should note that my message center did not indicate the fluid was low and that the tank only hold 5.4 gallons. Again I talked with Rodney and he gave me a break on the fluid. Strike Three - About a week after having the TrailBlazer serviced we noticed it "bucking" or "missing" at highway speeds. There was no check engine lights on so I checked the transmission fluid and found it to be 1"+ over the full mark on the dipstick. I checked it a couple more times and then stopped back at Charles and Rodney had a technician check it and confirmed it was overfull. Rodney checked with the service tech and he couldn't recall adding fluid and there was no mention of it on the invoice. Not wanting Charles to do any more work on my vehicles I took it to a neighboring dealer where they confirmed the transmission was over-full. I had the system flushed and re-filled at my expense. After debating talking with the Charles owner I stopped in and discussed my concerns with the owner and provided him with the documentation and my concerns. He was polite and thanked me for stopping in and told me he would check in to it and get back to me. That was almost two months ago now and I still have not heard back. I cannot recommend this dealer and will no longer be taking my vehicles there. Customers Beware

• just looking

Was looking online for a truck, the people were very friendly, were a little slow getting back, but otherwise a good experience.

Thank you for the review Barry. I hope you were able to find the truck you were looking for and thank you for the feedback regarding our response time. We are constantly looking for ways to improve in that area , especially our after hours responses. Thanks again. T.J. Olszewski-General Manager-Charles Automotive

• Great car buying experience

We have never had such a wonderful experience ever when purchasing a car. We felt like we were talking to an old friend. John was honest,friendly and just all around pleasant. There were a few problems on our end,nothing to do with Charles Automotive, and we were put at ease and told not to worry,they would work with us,and they did. I would send anyone there to buy a vehicle. Thank-you Maria Dean