Friendly Chevrolet-Buick

4.3 out of 5 (4.3) 26 reviews

Call This Dealer

New Used Service

• Friendly Chevrolet/Buick in Troy, N.C.
    March 20, 2012

This dealership, from the owner, who I met, to my individual sales consultant, were all very professional, knowledgeable, helpful, and yes, friendly, ...during the entire buying process. Only after looking for, calling, and eventually driving to several other dealerships in two different states to look for the "right" vehicle, and finding them all to be grossly misrepresented, did I find Friendly Chevrolet/Buick. Being extremely skeptical, I called Friendly, to inquire about a very nice LOOKING truck that they had in stock at a great price. After explaining my experiences to my "sales guy" Woody, he actually walked to the vehicle with his personal cell phone and gave me a full account of the vehicle and answered my many questions. Again, he actually walked to the vehicle to describe it! Still skeptical, I drove the nearly 100 mile trip to look at the vehicle. I could not have been more shocked to see that the vehicle was described perfectly, if not under estimated. Not only was this vehicle in great condition , both cosmetically and mechanically, but the price actually stayed at the low low price that was advertised. I bought the vehicle without any hesitation or doubt. To find a car dealership that is honest and fair about the vehicles they sell is truly a difficult task, but I have found that dealership. It is in Troy, N.C. This is the reason I will buy my next vehicle here. Save yourself some time, stress, and gas, and buy it at Friendly Chevrolet/Buick in Troy, N.C. Trust me.

Great Folks to work with.
    December 18, 2017

I found a very specific Lexus I had been looking for online with these guys. Called them up and talked, very friendly. Drove two hours up later that... night and picked it up. Very friendly people and they were drying it off for us since it was sleeting outside when we pulled up. Everyone was great and they beat our bank's rate (USAA). Everyone stayed late to accomodate our schedule and we drove off in 2 hours.

We are thrilled to hear that you had a enjoyable buying experience with us. We aim to please on every deal and take pride in making it as smooth of a ...transaction as possible. If we can ever do anything to help you in the future, please give us a call!

Gregg Ellis
    December 16, 2017

I wanted to brag on Gregg Ellis. My wife and I were looking for a SUV with not much intention on buying something this soon. Gregg went out of his way... over the phone to get a deal done for me. I have never had a salesman this outgoing and willing to make the process so easy. He was not pushy and did not waste anytime meeting our needs. I will recommend family and friends to him and to this dealership for sure. Thank you so much.

Thank you for taking to the time to shop with us, and for the compliments on Gregg's behalf. He works very hard to make sure all of his customers are ...completely satisified. If we can ever do anything for you in the future, please don't hesitate to ask.

Friendly does not stand behind the product or deal
    September 5, 2017

Friendly Chevrolet in Albemarle NC is anything but friendly. This is my experience. I saw online a very pretty Z28, which my wife and I went to loo...k at. It was the Saturday before Labor Day. Usually dealerships are very busy around Labor Day. 'Friendly' Chevrolet was not busy. That should have been the first clue. In fact we were the only customer that day. We liked the car in the very short test drive. They made it very clear that they didn't want to be there. As we were being rushed through the deal, I said my number was $400 per month. Of course that would not work, so I said $420. These guys must have studied common core math, because to them $420 equals $424 and change. In the rush, I reluctantly agreed. I should have protested then. I thought about it, I guess hindsight is 20/20. As soon as the papers were signed we ushered outside and the doors locked behind us and it was mid day, not even 2:00. We were not shown anything about the car. Nothing. It would have been nice to know about the radio. Every other dealer where I have bought cars at least shows about the radio. Nope. Not even about the brakes. This car has the ceramic discs, pretty unique brakes. Nothing was explained. I drive it 75 miles home. Quite the rough ride. Firmer than I expected, a little disappointing. We get home and I set in wash, clay and wax. The car needed detailing. I expected a more for a car with 1685 miles. While washing, I find that the front left fender flare is loose. The fender flare is peeling loose on this nearly new car. I guess their service department missed it while they were washing it and during the inspection, and by the sales people. I text the salesman, no response. Why weren't there any customers? Back to the loose fender flare, I am very disappointed. Well this starts me researching and worrying. What else is going to go wrong on this highly specialized car. Lots of expensive fixes? I was the last person there on Saturday so I'll be the first person when they open on Tuesday (the next open day) and ask for the deal to be cancelled. I waited three hours for the boss to show up, must be nice to work whatever hours you want. I had to take a day off for this. Canceling the deal should be easy. None of the paperwork had been processed. All the big dealers give three days...wrong. We had put too many miles on it. How many miles' 184 miles. Less than 200 miles and that was too many to cancel the deal. If you expect a dealer to stand behind their product, look elsewhere. Oh they offered for me to buy more warranty. I think they got enough of my money. And they offered to fix the fender flare under warranty. To be fixed by the same service department that missed it it in the first place. Nope. So, I left a very disappointed customer. I'll never go to 'Friendly' Chevrolet again. I'm not against Chevrolet. Just that dealer.

My name is David Odom and I am the dealer at Friendly Chevrolet-Buick. I personally met with Mr. Davis on Tuesday morning to address any concerns tha...t he may have. The Z28 Mr. Davis bought was a car I purchased myself. I mention this because I know first hand that this car is virtually flawless, just as you'd expect a car to be with less than 1700 miles on it. Listening to Mr. Davis, there was no actual problem with the car itself except a loose molding. He simply changed his mind. I offered him a vehicle to use to go to lunch and that I'd immediately have it adjusted at our body shop. He declined because that wasn't truly what he wanted. What Mr. Davis didn't mention was how he abused the car during the test drive. This Z28 has 505 HP net to the rear wheels and Mr. Davis let every horse out of the corral during his test drive. There were over 200 miles placed on the car and I wasn't comfortable with how the car may have been mistreated during the 3 days he had it. When I mentioned this to Mr. Davis, he said he'd use social media against me if I didn't negate his contract. I don't respond well to extortion and simply asked that he just tell the complete truth. One comment was that we advertised the car to be a "GM program car". I've attached a copy of our advertisement for review. There's no mention of that. Also, a program car is another name for a daily rental car that was purchased back by the manufacturer and run through their exclusive auction for just their dealers. This is impossible though because daily rental car companies do not rent out Camaro Z28s to the general public. These are just short of an all out race car. The comment doesn't make sense. I asked my sales staff and they said that they mentioned that the online auction I use is through Ally Bank which was formerly GMAC, the previous financing institution of General Motors. This source provides some of the finest specimens of used GM vehicles on the planet and is the source this Camaro came through. I'm confident the sales staff mentioned this and Mr. Davis may have misconstrued the meaning. All of our vehicles have a free Autocheck service that's available to everybody that's considering one of our cars so that a car's history is totally revealed. There's no charge for this. Friendly Chevrolet-Buick pays for all of it and provides access to it right inside the advertisement you find the car you're looking at. That's the case with this car too. There are no secrets or anything hidden. The harder someone looks at our cars or trucks, the better we look because I hand pick almost every car based on the condition, history, equipment and price. Lastly, we normally close on Labor Day and Memorial Day weekends. Mr. Davis is correct that it's a busy day for most dealers. Out in the country, my personal experience is to close the store and let all employees enjoy the long weekends with their family and friends. This one year, my staff in Albemarle wanted to come in and work till 1. Mr. Davis called prior to closing so they waited on his arrival after that time. That's why there were not other customers present. I'd apologize that they made their intentions of closing known to Mr. Davis and I've addressed this concern with my staff. In closing, although I'm disappointed to have a customer that isn't 110% satisfied, I'd be even more disappointed in myself for succumbing to extortion or to sell this car to the next person knowing the potential abuse this car has endured. Respectfully, David Odom

Highly recommend!!
    December 21, 2016

After totaling my car, I dreaded having to deal with the whole process of looking for, and buying a car! With very little time to shop for a vehicle..., a friend told me about an online purchase she had made. Reluctantly, I began my search. Friendly Chevrolet had a car I was interested in, so I called them. Joey Davis was my contact person through out the painless car buying experience. Friendly Chevrolet had their drivers, who I must saw were AWESOME, drive the car all the way to Jacksonville NC. Without any obligation, pressure, or crazy sales pitch, I purchased the car and could not be more satisfied with the purchase! I highly recommend Friendly Chevrolet! Great staff, great drivers, great experience!

Your kind words are very much appreciated, Connie. We take pride in our ability to simplify the car buying process and take care of our customers long... after the sale. If there is ever anything that we can do for you, please give us a call!

True Friendly Experience
    July 21, 2016

If you want a friendly environment to shop new and/or used vehicle then this is the place for you. I was shopping for a GMC Sierra and they found what... I was looking for and got me a really good deal.

Thank you for your kind review! If there is anything we can do to help you out in the future, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

AMAZING!!!
    June 11, 2016

I think that the name sticks with the actual dealership because everyone there is actually friendly no doubt 5-stars!!

Thank you so very much for the high praise! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your transaction and we look forward to doing business with you again in ...the future.

Disappointed
    June 19, 2015

I found what seemed like the "perfect car" online and read good reviews about this dealership. After calling and scheduling an appointment, my husband... and I got a babysitter and made the hour long trip to see the car. We got there and looked in the car to find that the "leather interior," (as advertised on their website), was actually cloth. Not only that but the car had no gas in it to test drive it. 3 hours + gas money + babysitter = WASTED

Although we strive for perfection in all operations of our dealership, our guest is correct. We mistakenly checked "leather" when entering the vehicle... online. We've since corrected our error and sincerely apologize.

Review on Friendly Chevrolet-Buick
    February 20, 2015

We found this dealership to be very professional AND very friendly and knowledgeable. We made an appointment with them for a car we saw on Cars.com an...d when we got there it was all ready - parked in front, clean with gas in it. They told us to take the keys and drive it and then we would talk. Could not believe how they acted as though we had good sense and treated us with respect - like dealers of old. It just so happened that particular vehicle did not match what we wanted - so they showed us another one that had just come in and wasn't cleaned up yet. We drove it - they offered us a price that could not be matched by any Charlotte dealership. Love our new vehicle and we've told everybody about Friendly Chevrolet/Buick and Lane - our sales person.

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are happy we were able to assist you in finding the right vehicle. If there is anything we can do to assist i...n the future, please don't hesitate to call!

great bunch and easy to deal with straight deals.
    June 19, 2014

great bunch easy to deal with, straight talk. Fast and trusting trade deal.

Thank you, Randy. Let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you. We greatly appreciate your business.

Friendly Chevrolet-Buick