Phinney's Automotive Center

97 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

• March 4, 2017

I recently took my car in to have the brakes looked at. Even on a busy day with limited space they were able to get me in. After putting my car on the... lift and taking the wheels off to inspect it they called to tell me that the service I requested wouldn't actually be needed until the summer time. After all of the work the mechanic did they didn't charge me a dime!! Other shops I've been to have charged me $100 just to put my car on the lift let alone sell me overpriced products and services. I think these other shops could learn a valuable lesson about customer service from Phinneys.

Thank you Jared for the review. We truly try to do our best to take care of our customers. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Thank y...ou again we appreciate your business.

December 3, 2018

It was definitely worth the 5 hour trip to purchase a car from Phinneys. Matt was friendly ,honest and easy to deal with. When we arrived we were pleased... to see the SUV was in mint condition as promised with all the options we were looking for. Matt had prepared the paperwork in advance therefore only one trip was required and our day was limited to Saturday. There was no pressure to purchase extra warranties. Matt explained everything throughly and accurately. The monthly payment was the same as he quoted and there was a minimal paper fee unlike other dealers who charge $300 or more. We had the best experience and will continue to do business with Phinneys!

November 11, 2018

Just purchased our third vehicle from Phinney's on Thursday. Great people to work with!. Definitely will continue to give them our business when... considering a vehicle purchase.

September 10, 2018

AAA towed my car there since it wouldn't start. 1st day I called they hadn't gotten to it. 2nd day - still looking at it - no quote of hourly... rate or time spent. 3rd day - still didn't know what was wrong - had them tow it to dealer - they wanted $216 for no diagnoses and no repair before they would tow it. Dealer found bad computer and fixed it - dealers are the only ones who can program the computer

The vehicle was towed here for us to diagnose an electrical issue. In the north country chasing electrical issues can sometimes be difficult and timel...y. After we chased the issue for a couple hours with no definite answer we called and told the customer how much time we had into it, and we got authorization to go ahead and spend more time to dig further. We then spent some more time again with no real answers. We were instructed by the customer to go further. After exhausting nearly 6 hours all signs pointed to a bad BCM which can only be programmed by a dealer. We recommended it be towed to the dealer and to have them confirm and replace the BCM. When it came to pay for our time we had into it the customer complained about it being excessive. We agreed to cut the time in half and only bill out for 3 hours. Customer approved and paid the bill. Over a week went by before Phil decided that he paid to much money for us to diagnose and not fix his issue. A complaint was filed by the customer to AAA, as we are one of the only AAA approved repair facilities in our area. AAA is then required to investigate the issue. AAA did their independent investigation listened to both sides, pulled all relating repair bills, and dismissed the claim stating that we treated him fairly. When that didn't work Phil disputed his credit card charges with the credit card company. That again triggers the credit card provider do their own independent investigation into the concern. That was completed, and the credit card provider agreed that all charges were approved and warranted. Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible to please 100% of your customers 100% of the time.

July 5, 2018

Phinneys has all of the amenities provided with grace and generosity. They have excellent empathy that makes it very comfortable dealing with unfamiliar... car issues. The buying process was easy, efficient and very straight forward. Matt explained all the details to me in terms that I could understand. I am truly grateful that Phinneys is here locally in Clayton and has such gracious and professional sales and service.

Thank you for your review Judy, we look forward to many more years of serving your Automotive needs.

May 22, 2018

We were in town on vacation on a Saturday, we broke down and got towed right into Phinneys. They diagnoses our issues on the spot and had parts coming... for Monday. They were super helpful we found them by searching online and would highly recommend.

Thank you for the review, We hope that you come back and visit us again!

May 4, 2018

So happy with our new vehicle thank you Matt!!! What a great experience! You truly went over and beyond with your customer service. Your dad will be proud!

Thank you Kristin, we look forward to continue to do business with you in the future!

April 15, 2018

I needed a car with very short notice and gave the parameters online and had the car l requested in less than a week. Excellent!

Thank you Joe, we are glad that we could accommodate you in such a timely fashion. We appreciate your business.

April 13, 2018

I Have been coming to Phinneys for years. They give great quality service . The employees are knowledgeable and courteous and really go that extra mile... for their customers. I have recommended Phinneys to several people over the years and will continue to do so.

Thank you for the review Dona. We truly appreciate the loyalty of your business!

April 10, 2018

Phinneys Automotive Center has Courteous , Attentive, Knowledgeable and Friendly staff, and better yet a Great Price! I will continue to do business at... this local facility!

Very glad to see that your purchase from us left you happy. We try our best to make sure of that.