BMW of Southampton

96 reviews

96 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of BMW of Southampton from DealerRater.com

Read reviews that mention:

September 3, 2019

I called to try to schedule a service appointment for the upcoming weekend and no one answers the phone. If this is indicative of their level of service... then I think I'd rather not take my car here to have it serviced by an inattentive dealership. When someone does pick up she simply transfers you to more people who don't pick up their phones. She asked if I wanted to leave a message and have someone get back to me. To which my response was, what's the point, the people that are there either don't care about picking up their phones as it is or conversely, there are actually no people there to pick up the phone. I guess they must have all gone home now that the Summer Season is officially over in the Hamptons. I would not recommend a dealership that doesn't get back to their clients.

Jay Decker

dealer operator

August 30, 2019

I had my car towed for new tire Everth Alvarado immediately called me and gave me the schedule. The car tire was not only replaced and tires rotated,... but my upcoming service and inspection would be done by day's end. I had to come back for something to be checked and it was all handled quickly! This is the 3rd car I bought from BMW SOuthampton and there were a few years when service was not good but I am happy to see it back in full swing!

• February 3, 2016

My salesman was very professional and courteous. He was well informed with the vehicles they sell, and was very helpful with my purchase. He was patient... and answered all my questions and my. If you ever go to BMW of Southampton ask for Van Vasilakos. Excellent salesman!

June 26, 2019

Once you purchase the car you will you will be treated so poorly that I've come to learn BMW is not worth it. Do not use Scott he is the quintessential... used car salesman who will yes you to death and then hang up on you when you have a question after the purchase.

January 25, 2019

I have been trying to set up and then confirm a service appointment for over a week. No one answers the phone. The operator transfers you to other extensions... where no one answers. I have left messages with my phone number... never received a call. I hate it and will probably never get another BMW.. Maybe its just Southampton.. Sales is my next call.

Michael Ambrose

January 4, 2019

I have been a customer of this dealership for many years. On October 16, 2018 I received email from BMW of North America advertising the release of a new... model X7 and preorders were now open. I proceeded to pay my $1,000 deposit and have chosen BMW of Southampton as my dealership of choice. Soon thereafter, I received email from the dealership, specifically Michael Ambrose who initiated working on this order. Due to many issues with their order website, unclear specification and what exactly will be available or what not, I decided to cancel my pre-order and wait for a normal production. I requested a refund as I was legally entitled. My cancellation was acknowledged and I was promised a refund. Refund never came in. After several attempts to resolve the issue, I contacted American Express (original payment method) and they provided a temporary credit pursuant on the outcome of the dispute with a merchant. Once BMW of Southampton received their dispute paperwork, the committed a fraud by producing a copy of check that they claimed was sent to me, further claiming that it was their alternative refund payment. American Express has accepted this proof and therefore I was again charged $1,000. This dealership essentially won the chargeback by fraudulent means. To this day the problem is not being settled and I am still out of $1,000. Thus, I assume the legal process is the only solution. The main point is however, this dealership (as stated by one of their employee) has many lawyers on their payroll and it is their practice to litigate rather than honor their obligation especially that most people do not really care about such small amounts in this enclave of rich and famous. So, it seems that you need to be very careful in dealings with these group of people.

Michael Ambrose

April 24, 2018

Scott made the car buying experience the easiest i've ever dealt with .. Kudos all around to Scott and all the wonderfull people at Southampton !

April 24, 2018

Great service and all questions answered before I could think of them. Had the new car ready and registered with everything ready to go. Business side... of the transaction handled smoothly as well. Thanks again Scott and team.

April 23, 2018

I stopped by the dealership on a Saturday about 45 minuets beef they closed. I was interested in a i3 and wi spoke with Scott. Even though it was very... close to closing time, Scott didn't care about that and took the time to show me the new i3. We went for a test drive and after I purchased the vehicle he had it real for me the following Tuesday AM. He was very nice to my son (13 years old who is a car enthusiast) and took care of us the whole time. It was a very pleasant experience. Thanks Scott.

February 2, 2018

I just bought the X1 from this location and my advisor was Scott Meyer. From start to finish I was completely satisfied. I never felt any pressure at all.... I actually felt trust-that I was in a business that was direct and honest. I didn't expect that. Everything was explained clearly and I felt like I was accommodated for the entire experience. The staff was professional, direct, helpful and pleasant. I already have shared my experience at BMW and with Scott Meyer with many people and I will continue to do so. AND I LOVE MY X1!