Portsmouth Used Car Superstore

316 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

• May 18, 2017

Derek J is amazing! Best car buying experience ever! 1000x's Thank you @ the staff that worked hard too make things happen. Mostly thank you Derek J

Thanks for the great review!!!

July 6, 2018

Not the prettiest dealership, but am told they are getting ready for a facelift. Derek was great, and we made a deal on price / terms within a few minutes.... Picked up the car the next day, and the closing was professional and accurate. Nice job!

• August 8, 2017

I only went in to look at a car to get a good idea first. i was not looking to buy. Matty V changed my mind. He was extremely helpful and very straight... forward. This was exactly what i was looking for when i wanted to buy a car.

June 27, 2018

Well my whole deal with key auto went real sour kris and matty v are still some outstanding guys but key auto as a company is not so good i bought my first... 2015 f150 from them with 17k miles by the end of me owning the truck 24k miles it blew a motor and needed other major repairs from water damage so i traded for another 2015 f150 xlt because i trusted there word now the new one has river silt throughout the frame and bed and other stupid things wrong with it we talked about the stuff during the sale so again i trusted there word that it would be handled but after going back and fourth to the dealership and wasting time it was never actually ironed out i have called the vice president of sales john leonardi 4 times left messages everytime he couldnt be bothered by me and my concerns i have bought 3 cars from key auto and they treat me this way thank you

May 9, 2018

I bought a used Mustang at this dealership on Sunday of this past week. I had driven two others and finally found one I liked at there sister dealership... Salem Ford. The salesman Mark Casper offered to go and get the car and bring it to the Portsmouth Used Car Supersore so i could drive the car and possibly buy it. The car arrived and my friend and I both went to take it for a ride the car seemed tight and seemed like it was a good fit. I left and went home and agreed to buy the car and would pick it up the next morning. I am a 69 year old mother of three and I have ten grandkids and just like everyone else worked hard my whole life. I arrived at the dealership the next day and was greeted by Mark and I didnt see the car anywhere at this point. He then proceded to rush us into the finance office where we met the finance manager to do the paperwork. I asked where the car was as I didnt see it upon arrival and was told it was detailed last night and is still in the bay so it wouldnt get dirty as it was pouring rain. I finished the paperwork and was sent back to Mark where he said the car was awaiting me out front. He then said by the way we have no front plate bracket for your license plate we have to order one. I stated that wasnt good its illegal to drive with one plate in N H he said no worries you have your paperwork if you get stopped. I then said ok its not right but ok and i ran into the new car cause it was pouring rain. I left the dealership got maybe three miles up the road and was stopped by the state police due to no license plate in the front. I showed him my paperwork and was only given a warning but was embarrased and frustrated over the dealers neglect. I got home put the car in the garage and went about my day. I wasnt going to drive this car til I got the front plate on and all my legal paperwork was in. Oh yeah I forgot to mention the dealer told me your gonna get a free oil change and a full tank of gas when I got in the car it was on empty and gas light was on saying 31 miles to empty another broken promise. I wake up the next day and my son offers to come over and hand wax this car and make it perfect cause it rained the whole time on my way home. We went and bought wax and other goodies and went back to the car that is in the garage. What happen next shocked me my son came in after about an hour and said mom we have a problem! I said ok whats the problem? He said i got to the last panel to wax and realized there is a big dent in the side of the quarter panel. He proceded to show me and I saw what he was refering to. The car has alot of angles and its orane so with a naked eye its very hard to see he found it cause he was on his hands and knees waxing it. I didnt panic cause i figured call the dealer and they would gladly help me as i spent 30,000 on this car. I called and spoke to Mark who said how did you not notice a dent. I said idk it was pouring rain when i got there i never saw the car til i was done signing papers and then i ran into the car on the drivers side and jumped in due to pouring rain the dent was on the opposite side. I stated there is no way your detail guy didnt see this when he cleaned it. Mark said if he did he would have shown us. I sent over pics to Mark and showed him the damage and I never got a response back. I then called the dealership and tried to talk this out and make everyone happy and all i got was you drove it away its yours now. The fact that this dealership obviously prays on senior citizens is a disgrace. Its been four days now I still havent recieved my plate bracket my gas and my registration. The dent they wont fix all I hear is you drove it away you should have checked it. The fact that the car was hidden til paperwork was done and then it was pouring rain outside this was obviously planned and this dealership is a disgrace. Please shop elswhere Mark and all these guys will scam you and take your money then forget you exist. I have filed complaints with the BBB.

April 19, 2018

Matty V from Key auto in Portsmouth NH, went above and beyond to help us get a new car. Our experience there was great! So thank for Matty V and the key... auto team to help us get into 2016 Nissan Versa!

April 18, 2018

Great place to buy a car. Matty did an incredible job the whole experience was extremely satisfying. Would recommend Matty v to anyone buying a car.

April 9, 2018

Matty and Anthony were extremely helpful while purchasing a new car. Matty was very honest yet extremely informative while helping me pick the right car.... Dealerships are usually boring and mundane however with the help from them, it took the stress out of the process and even made it a fun experience.

April 7, 2018

This was my second time buying a car from key auto and I will never go anywhere else! They make the process fun and easy!

March 6, 2018

Key Auto in Portsmouth was a great experience overall. I knew I needed a car but had no idea where to begin. Matty V helped me for 3 days in a row. He... was incredibly patient with me as I test drove so many different vehicles. I never felt pressured to make a decision. Instead Matty V helped me by listening to what my budget and needs were and he got me into an incredible vehicle for an equally incredible deal. I do not often review places or people but this was worth the words. Please make Key Auto your first stop for a new vehicle. It will save you time and anxiety for sure.