2.5
  • Not the best experience

Submitted an inquiry through cars .com, received a call from the salesman indicating inquired vehicle was no longer available. Unfortunately, I was already in route to the facility. I test drove another Toyota Rav4 with my out of state driver liscence. I indicated I was already preapproved through my credit union. All I needed was Bill of Sale. They were employing strong arm pressure tactics to get me to finance through them. I obtained the bill of sale and came back with the check payable to their lot the next day. I'm thinking this deal is good to close, right? Wrong ! The managers gave me another round of interrogation of trying to convince me to finance through them. I rejected again. Now all of sudden they couldn't title me the vehicle because of my out of state driver liscence. They would need my social security card. However, they were aware the day before when I test drove the truck I had an out of state liscense. But this is fixable right, my rental property is up the street from them, and we can just drive to my rental to retrieve the document, Wrong ! They weren't willing to accomodate a ride, all because I had my own financing. I caught an uber and went home disappointed. Contacted their competitor and explained the situation to them and let them know I was a serious buyer. Negotiated a price on a lower mileage truck (same year) and came back the next day with my check and drove off the lot. Not the best experience there and I don't recommend them.

• Great assistants when picking out cars

Great atmosphere, helpful salesman, honest and caring about my needs

Great atmosphere, helpful salesman, honest and caring about my needs

• Fantastic Experience

Pleasant, "non-threatening", easy, accommodating- super experience buying a car! We love our Avalon!

• Overall Satisfaction

Overall satisfaction! Staff well informed & eager to please!

Overall satisfaction! Staff well informed & eager to please!

• Nice Experience...

Everything has been a very nice experience at Toyota of Merrillville.

Everything has been a very nice experience at Toyota of Merrillville.

• Andrew Vicari is the BEST salesman EVER!

Andrew Vicari is the BEST salesman EVER! I loved working with him!

Andrew Vicari is the BEST salesman EVER! I loved working with him!

• Lazo Ilich, Great Salesman!

Enjoyed working with Lazo Ilich! He is a GREAT Salesman!

Enjoyed working with Lazo Ilich! He is a GREAT Salesman!

• I love the vehicle

I love the vehicle except the sliding console it is very annoying - hopefully it will get recalled & repaired. Thank you!

• Excellent Customer Service

Excellent customer service as well as sales. I would like to mention that Irene was extremely helpful as well as very courteous.

• I loved the experience!

I loved the experience I had at Toyota. Kim was great to work with and the time spent there was entertaining