Bertera Subaru of Hartford

361 reviews

361 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Bertera Subaru of Hartford from DealerRater.com

Read reviews that mention:

December 30, 2019

Recently leased a 2020 Forester Sport from Bertera and have to say it was the best buying experience I have ever had thanks to our sales person Cassidy... Vaughn. Cassidy's easy going personality and his experience and knowledge of the Subaru product made it easy and fun buying our car. Have recommended Betera and Cassidy to Family and Friends

Thank you for the kind words! If you ever have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to give us a call. Thanks again and have a great ...day!

December 14, 2019

I recently purchased a 2020 Forester from Bertera. My salesperson was Cassidy Vaughn. He was very knowledgable about the vehicle and gave me a great deal.... I was in and out in a few hours with the car I had hoped to get. I would recommend Bertera and Cassidy.

Thank you for the kinds words! Have a great day.

• November 24, 2015

I know that the title sounds corny, but in the spirit of the Thanksgiving season I wanted to say thanks to the guy who helped me buy my first car. I was... referred to Rich Self at Bertera Subaru by my boyfriend's mom because she knew I was looking for a car, and Rich helped me buy my first car. I was kinda nervous when I got there but Rich made me feel right at home. I love my new car (well new to me) and I loved the experience I had at Bertera. Thank you so much!!

October 29, 2019

Bought used Subaru Outback, nice vehicle, but very poor vehicle prep as well as poor customer service-would probably not buy another vehicle from this... dealership.

October 17, 2019

I had a bad experience with everybody I worked with at Bertera. They are dishonest an pushy. You have been warned about doing business with Bertera!

October 1, 2019

I leased a Subaru Forester Premium on 9/23/19. Jake was truly an exceptional saleman, very hard working, extremely attentive, not to mention very knowledgeable... in cars. Gave me a great price and worked with me for hours (even staying late hours) to make a deal that’s within my tight budget. He really understood what it means to have a tight budget and crunched numbers on several cars in the lot to get me the best deal possible. Really went out of his way to make my car buying experience as pleasant as possible. Even dropped off my car in my apt to save me time. Salesmen like him really don’t come by that often and sure a great asset to Bertera. Keep him around and sky is the limit for your dealership. As exceptional as he was, finance department and the sales manager was slightly underwhelming. Usually when a dealership tells me it will take 4 days to deliver the car after you paid your down payment, I am out the door. The only reason I went thru with the deal was because of the exceptional service Jake provided me. I had to take time off work twice to finish paperwork (not to mention the wait time at the dealership), and the sales manager was not even willing to take $75 off sterling package to compensate for my hardships. When you have such exceptional salesperson like Jake working hard to make your experience as pleasant as possible, expected a little more enthusiasm from the finance dept and the sales manager! Overall 5 plus plus star for Jake, 4 for finance, 4- for sales manager.

Thank you for the kind words, Robin! If you ever need any assistance please feel free to give us a call. Thanks again and have a great day!

September 4, 2019

Unfortunately my experience here was absolutely terrible. My car needed to be looked at right away and A few days later whenever I called it still hadn't... been looked at. Every time I asked for an update or something about my car they didn't even know it was there. Ended up bringing it elsewhere.

August 28, 2019

Please go to a different Subaru dealership. After many texts and finally a phone conversation, one of their sales managers, Lucius, and I agreed on a sale... price on a 2019 Subaru Forester and trade-in value on my vehicle of which I gave them a deposit over the phone. I asked Lucius to follow-up with a text or email confirming the agreed sale price and trade-in value of which I did not receive. The next day I received a text from Lucius who stated management did not agree on the trade-in price. Typical bad car sales experience.

June 30, 2019

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. From the sales people all the way up to the General Manager. They are doing everything they can to work with you... and give you the best deal. That's my 2nd Subaru from Bertera Subaru in Hartford and i have and will tell all my friends about them!

June 2, 2019

I verbally agreed with the finance department to pay 5% of interest rate on the loan. I was initially told that i was going to pay 8 % which i disagreed.... I have a credit score of 800 and put down 35% deposit for the car. After signing all the paper work and went home with the car, I went through all the paper work and realized that i was charged 6.09 % of interest rate instead of 5% as initially agreed. I was also expecting to receive 2 keys for the car instead i was given only one and was told that i need to order another key and pay more than $300 for it. The two front tires were in bad shape and i was expecting that they will replace them. They did not. I will have to buy two tires in the next few days. MY advice to everyone who is planing on dealing with this dealership: Never trust what they tell you verbally. Take your time and read all the paper work before signing them and don't let them distract you with nonsense stories. Make also sure that your car come with at least 2 keys instead of one.

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback, Saha. We're very sorry to see you feel this way. We had no intention of leaving a bad taste in ...your mouth. I'd be happy to get you connected with our store manager. Please feel free to give us a call at (860) 895-6500 and ask for John, Chris, or O'Neal. Thanks again and have a great day!