Bertera Subaru of Hartford

New (860) 467-4620 (860) 467-4620
Used (860) 467-4646 (860) 467-4646
Service (860) 467-4640 (860) 467-4640

4.2

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Bertera Subaru of Hartford from DealerRater.

Great experience with car buying

The dealership at Bertera Subaru in Hartford is exceptional. I have purchased Forester here recently and the car buying procedure is a breeze. Nick the sales man is very good, explained in detail about various features. Sales Manager Chris was very courteous and has taken time to talk about my overall experience at the dealership. I do recommend the dealership for anyone wanting to buy a Subaru vehicle.

Dealer response

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review!

ZERO STARS Despite having made an appointment at Bertera

ZERO STARS Despite having made an appointment at Bertera of Hartford, I was left writing for 3 1/2 hours for what should have taken 15 minutes. The treatment I was about to endure was hardly fair or ethical. The salesman, Bill, was sleazy and manipulative. The sales manager, Chris, was a bully. They ganged up on me and grossly exaggerated the minor damage on my car. They pressured me to accept their terms. It seems they enjoyed their underhanded tactics and the unfair practices that took place. There was no negotiating; they would not allow it. The word customer hardly applies here. The word victim is more appropriate. The finance officer, Jonathan, rushed me through the paperwork and, despite being asked, refused to slow down to explain anything. There were hidden charges I did not see at the time. In subsequent interactions, Chris was impatient, rude and obnoxious. They damaged the vehicle while getting it ready without disclosure or compensation. The "protective" treatment of the upholstery has failed. I wish I'd seen all the online negative reviews of Bertera before I went. I would not have gone. I regret even considering driving onto that lot. DON"T DO IT.

4.0

I recently wanted to try a lease and went here by

I recently wanted to try a lease and went here by accident. I did end up leasing a vehicle here and dealt with bill.. let me just say I'm not the easiest person to deal with and do my research..but he did get me into the exact deal I wanted. I brought my son back a week later and told him what I wanted and unfortunately it was not attainable... but he did try his best that's why the 4 stars instead of 5. Overall experience was great.. I highly reccomend this place and bill!!

Dealer response

Thank you for the kind words and recommendation!

1.0

First, let me say that I haven’t been car shopping in...

First, let me say that I haven’t been car shopping in years and found the process incredibly frustrating. I saw a used car advertised for a little over my budget, but I had I return the rental and so I went for it. The sales guy was the most pleasant part of this entire experience. A really great guy! While doing the paperwork, I realized that I would have to pay and additional 22.15% in taxes and fees. I couldn’t believe it. Yes, I expected to pay taxes and fees, but not an additional $2,545.43. I was originally quoted $2,884.93 in taxes and fees on a $11,488 advertised sales price. This should have been listed next to the advertised price. It feels disingenuous to list at the bottom of the webpage in tiny letters that a $694.85 fee would be charged plus other fees. Who would have imagined that all the fees plus taxes would have increased the advertised price by 22% for a total sales price of $14,033.43? Just like the airline industry, you should see the total fees online. THIS INDUSTRY NEEDS TO BE REGULATED.

2.0

After many years of complete loyalty to the dealership...

After many years of complete loyalty to the dealership they now inform that I’m no longer part of tire loyalty program. Their error in record keeping and will no longer have service done at dealership.

Wonderful experience with a great saleswoman.

We had questions about our new vehicle, our original salesman was no longer working at this dealership. We were very fortunate to meet Kiana Vilaysane who was exceptional explaining all our questions we had to ask her. Top review for this saleswoman.

Dealer response

We're happy to hear you had such a positive experience with our team! Thank you so much for your feedback.

This is my second time coming to this dealership. I live...

This is my second time coming to this dealership. I live an hour away and made the point to come to Bertera Subaru of Hartford because of working with salesman Issa. He is knowledgable, makes sure you get all your are looking for in a car and just a nice guy. First thing about Bertera, COVID precautions at Bertera Subaru of Hartford are top notch. Everyone wears a mask, keeps 6 ft apart and makes the whole experience safe for me and my family when car shopping. I worked with Issa on my first purchase on a Toyota Sienna at Bertera in 2020. Great experience. Recently a tree fell on my Toyota Sienna so I had to go car shopping again. After being disappointed with Toyota dealerships I called Issa at Bertera and explained what I was looking for, which in my mind was another Toyota. No Toyotas but he said he would look. A week later he called and mentioned they had no 7- Passenger Toyotas but that I should try a Subaru Ascent. Having no clue about Subarus and trusting Issa's judgment I researched and test drove one and instantly fell in love with the car. Where have Subaru's been all my life? After an excellent explanation of the car settings and financial magic by Pam I purchased a Subaru Ascent. No more Toyotas for me,. Another thing worth mentioning, Issa even helped me put in my car seats for my kids and buckle them in before we drove off the lot. Come here, work with Issa and you will not be disappointed.

2.0

Used car purchasing experience was deceptive. From the...

Used car purchasing experience was deceptive. From the beginning I had questions concerning what if any warranty came with the vehicle. I was informed that since it was used it came with a 30 day 2000 mile warranty and what ever is left from the manufacturers 10 year 100k mile warranty. As the paperwork was handed to me and we as a family felt very good about the vehicle we were about to purchase I was informed that there was no 30 day warranty since the car was older than 2013. I believe the sales person should have and did know this all along. OK so we still have the remaining 6 months or 30k miles so that's fine. Well as we were paying for the car the finance representative informed us that the original warranty does not have any coverage left because it only transfers up to 5 years and 60k miles. So at this point we are really upset because we thought we found a great deal and really needed the vehicle ASAP. Needless to say I do not recommend this dealership to anyone period.

Dealer response

The Management Team here at Bertera Subaru of Hartford apologizes for the way you feel. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

1.0

Customer satisfaction is not a priority for this company...

Customer satisfaction is not a priority for this company or working with people of color

Consumer response

My concerns went unheard. This company should be ashamed, to treat people that spend money like they're nothing. I see that on many websites this company has a many of bad reviews, its unfortunate that i did not see them before spending almost 39k and get treated like crap.

My wife and I have had a VERY GOOD experience with this...

My wife and I have had a VERY GOOD experience with this dealership so far. Most of all, I would like to give a BIG shout-out to Kiana which was upfront, personable, and friendly. I think she deserves the credit for this sale. I was looking at another Subaru, then she showed me a better package vehicle which I ultimately purchased...Thanks!!