Mack's Auto Sales

(804) 943-3983 (804) 943-3983

3.3

1.0

Bad experience

Larry who spoke to us at the lot was verbally abusive towards my husband and I when we went looking for a car for our au pair arriving next month. My husband and I asked about a Mini Cooper that just arrived on there lot. Larry informed us that the car was 17,500 and it still needs to get inspected. I politely asked if they would be willing to sell if for 15k because that was the budget we were looking for. He said no and I informed him we still interested and wanted to test drive it because we can stretch our budget if we need to. At that point Larry refused to speak to us any further and demanded that we leave his lot. He claimed we were talking down to him. We said nothing disrespectful or impolite. And when I asked what did I do to talk down to him, he said I was shaking my head. I am disgusted by his behavior. I called back to file a complaint and speak to a manager and he refused to let me speak to anyone. I spoke to the owner Mack afterward, Mack seems like a very reasonable person. He apologized for his employee’s behavior.

4.5

Best used car purchase ever

After visiting several places in Virginia Beach and test driving in vain, I actually drove the distance to Macks to look at two Hondas I found online. Upon my arrival, they printed out the Carfax and gave it to me and both cars were washed off before the test drives. My first choice, which had been based on appearances only, turned out to be very iffy, but the second older car was immaculate inside and turned out to be a gem. As always, one must be a careful shopper. Once I had made my choice for the older car, the buying process was a pleasure. Back in the office, I used my laptop to confer via Facebook with the ultimate owner (US service member stationed overseas). Macks was very accommodating in this respect. They went out of their way to adjust things to the servicemember's return date, which kept changing, and they helped with arrangements to get the car to Va Beach after the sale. All in all, I'd say it as well worth the extra drive. Besides genuine customer service, they are honest and fair business people who care about the way they do business.

Dodge Dakota Purchase

Went to look at one truck, drove it and bought. Their website made gathering information easy and having the CarFax available on line an extra plus. Truck was washed and clean inside and out, Great value for vehicle. Good people to work with.

Dealer response

I'm happy to hear you are so satisfied with your purchase! Thank you for the positive review! We strive to provide quality pre-owned vehicles at a fair price in a no pressure environment.

Friendly Staff and Great Service

Mack's Auto Sales is the best used car lot I've ever seen. Their website make it easy to make a decision before getting there. Their pictures and in depth history on the vehicle led me to drive two hours to purchase a vehicle, driving away without even test driving it. Their service was very friendly and prompt. Two thumbs up!!!!!

2.4

Satisfied with car

Bought a car there and 100k miles later still riding that pony! Price was right so the updates needed could be put into the car. Office was not a plus but, ...the car was acceptable. Thanks

2.0

Rough Lot

Office reeked of heavy smoke. Loose gravel lot. Convertibles of interest were between a ditch and other parked cars. Leave your high heels and dress shoes at home, or in your car. Congenial staff.

Dealer response

We are A+ rated for our business practices not our gravel lot. We have great cars for a very good value.