Mercedes-Benz of San Francisco / Smart Center San Francisco

(3.0) 11 reviews

Call This Dealer

New Used Service

3.0
  • Excellent Customer Service !

We purchased a CPO C250 from a nice sales lady named Veronica Cheung the other day. She is fair, patience and professional, She made a stressful proce...ss a pleasant one. Although the detailing job of the C250 was not perfect, there are quite a few slight "noticeable defects"....worn-out volume switch on the steering wheel, dried excessive wax on cravasses of the body, some chipped paints, dusts on some internal area...etc. With the assurance of the Purchasing Manager and Veronica, I am sure all these minor things will be taken care of when I bring my car in when the promised part arrives. Kudo to The Mercedes Benz of San Francisco managment team, you folks really understand what Great Customer Service is ! PS. The ladies at the reception desk are very pleasant and helpful too, excellent first impression!

• Finance or Cash? Thumbs Down!

Called from out of state to inquire about a car. Asked if high quality photos can be sent to see the condition of the car. Before a single question wa...s answered, the salesperson interrupted and asked how will I pay for the car - finance or cash. On top of that, did not seem interested in helping the customer to learn about the car and more interested in taking money from the customer.

• Quick response

I received a quick response to my internet inquiry and two polite follow-up emails. Good customer service.

• Horrible follow up

I inquired about a vehicle, been over three days and have not heard back at all. I've bought and sold plenty of vehicles, I am a current owner of a Be...nz as well yet GMC responded same day as I inquired. I would never treat anyone this way.

• Confusing, but good

This is a fancy dealership being a Mercedes-Benz. However, their communication is really missed up. A car showed as available on their website. So, I ...inquired about it. Then, they called me again and said it was sold. A few days later they called me and said: guess what, we got a very similar car if I'm still interested. I go to the dealership and it is the EXACT SAME car. I meet a very nice salesman who helps me with a test drive. The next day, I get the customary followup call from the salesman. Later, the "internet sales" contact me if I had an questions and I asked about the best price for the car; and they said: "which car?". Hello!!! It is the car you are contacting me about! Their "internet sales" department needs to work on their communication. It is pretty missed up. Don't even bother with their internet sales. The on-ground salesmen are great.

• Professional and Efficient, a Great Experience

I had searched long and hard for a 2011 Mercedes Benz E350 BlueTec. They are rare and hard to find in a good quality car. When one that looked like an... excellent candidate surfaced in the cars.com search engine, the people at Mercedes-Benz of San Francisco went above and beyond to get us the information we asked for and needed to make an informed decision about the car. The staff worked after hours to secure our confidence that this car was the one I had been looking for, so I made the 300 mile drive on a Sunday to make it happen. I was greeted warmly and everyone there was professional, efficient and they treated me with courtsey and respect. The car was all it was advertised to be and even more, and the decision to purchase was an easy one. They assisted me in finding financing at favorable terms. After the sale an associate spent nearly an hour with me teaching me how to use all the features of my new car. If there was anything at all I was dissapointed with, it would be the offer extended for my trade-in. However, it was not out of line with what I had been offered by other dealers. The dealership is a beautiful building with a bright and inviting atmosphere. In summary, I am very, very pleased with my new E Class, and I would highly recommend Mercedes Benz of San Francisco to anyone shopping for a car. I had a great experience and feel like I got an excellent value for the car I purchased.

• Won't Sell To Anyone Outside of California!

I had been shopping for a used Smart car and this dealer had the one I was looking for. I had been watching it online for several days and finally had... the opportunity to drive down from Oregon to buy it. I called ahead to make sure the car was there ( it was), but was told they would not sell to me because I live in Oregon. I was told their policy is not to sell to anyone out-of-state, regardless of the fact that I had a full price cash offer. When asked the reasoning for this policy, the sales person said he would refer to his GM and put me on hold. When he got back to me I was told the car was (mysteriously and conveniently) gone, all in the course of a 3-minute phone call. What country are we living in? Is this even legal? How can they discriminate who they will sell to based on demographics? Don't waste your time with this dealer and it's shady policies. Something isn't right ...

• Mercedes Benz of SF

I thoroughly enjoyed my used car shopping experience at Mercedes-Benz of San Francisco. I got a wonderful deal on a Cadillac SRX, but as a car-enthusi...ast with above average knowledge of the Mercedes Universe, I noticed that the sales department was very well-versed in their products and the competitions', which made for sincere and really informative conversations...as a person who has purchased over 24 different Cadillacs or other GM cars in a 17 year stretch...my favorite Cadillac purchase was at this Mercedes dealership. That speaks volumes about this establishment's working philosophy.

• Shopping for Luxury Car

Excellent Customer Service with minimal pressure of buying extra stuff.

• Shopping for Luxury Car

Excellent Customer Service with minimal pressure of buying extra stuff.

Mercedes-Benz of San Francisco / Smart Center San Francisco