Star Motors

37 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

• February 11, 2018

I purchased a 2012 Hyundai Tucson from Star Motors in January. I have been driving it for a month now and I can say I am very pleased with my purchase.... The car is in excellent condition, runs great, and I feel they were very fair with their price. The transaction was hassle free and every one was polite and professional. I would highly recommend Star Motors.

August 22, 2018

I broke down on my way to NYC last week and called and in no time at all they were there and ready to help and serve. Amazing company with real and genuine... customer service. A special thanks to service rep Jake for all that he did that day.

August 3, 2018

I have been looking for a car for months I recently added the MB E350 4Matic to my list of potential buys. I happen to find one at Star Motors with great... miles and good history. I drove about an hour to see the car thinking I was going to some small dealer. I was pleasantly surprised to find an independent MB full service facility. There was no sales pitch or any pressure to buy, I was educated on the history of the vehicle and made the deal. I absolutely hate dealing with car dealerships it can be an exhausting process then after you have finally made a deal they try to sell you upgrades. This was by far the best car buying experience I have ever had just plain simple. If you are looking for a quality Pre-owned MB there is no other place you should look.

July 19, 2018

I am very sorry I wasn't able to do things on my end but the seller did more than expected will do business with them in the near future thank you... Gary

July 3, 2018

I waited until a couple of years before writing this review. I wanted to see how my experience was for a long period of time. Neil was very easy to deal... with when buying the car. Gave me what I wanted for my trade in order to get the deal done. About a month after getting a Mercedes ML350 the AC unit started acting up. His team tried a number of fixes all failed. However after a month or so Neil put in a new AC unit. Never had another problem. His team is very good in working with you to try to make you happy. They know Mercedes inside and out. Always answered whatever questions I ever had. Was very happy with purchase and the service and treatment I that I received. The facility is also first class. Would not hesitate to buy another car from Star.

March 1, 2018

Great selection, super nice cars, fair prices. I have been very happy with my purchases. Neil and Jake will work hard to earn your business

October 26, 2017

I traveled from the Philadelphia area to purchase a 2002 S600 from Neil at Star Motors. I am a fellow shop owner and was looking for one of these cars... in good condition to refurbish. The vehicle was a recent trade-in on another S-class and was being sold "as is." I felt comfortable buying this vehicle from a Mercedes-Benz specialist shop, knowing that at the very least a set of trained eyes had taken a look at it. I felt even more comfortable after speaking with Neil; he was very forthcoming about the condition of the vehicle and also a couple things that were wrong with it. We easily agreed on a fair price before I made the trip. Upon arriving, the car was outside, and I was able to inspect it before making contact with Neil and company. The fact that I was able to take a look at the vehicle while it was parked on the side of their shop, combined with greetings from their mechanics, but no "hovering" made me feel even more comfortable. Neil was kind enough to give me a tour of their facility, and allowed me to take the car for a test drive. It is great to see an independent Mercedes-Benz specialist / enthusiast thriving. After driving the vehicle 180 miles back to my area, and inspecting it closer, the vehicle is exactly as Neil described. I would not hesitate to recommend Neil and Star Motors for any Mercedes sales / service. I do wish I lived a little bit closer so that we could do some more business together. I hope it will not be the only car I purchase from Neil.

October 22, 2017

I purchased a 2012 BMW X5 for over $25,000 tax and tags. The vehicle broke down less than two weeks after taking ownership to insult to injury I had to... pay $150.00 for towing and $374.00 for the rental to get back and forth to work because the dealership refused to pay for either. Buyers, beware - do your research before buying from this dealership. They sound good at first, but after the sale you're on your own. Needless to say, I would never do business with this dealership again.

As a long-standing NY State Dealer, we strive to sell quality automobiles within the NY State limited warranty guidelines of 2 months/3000 miles. It ...is always our goal to provide the best possible service to our customers. It is unfortunate that occasionally vehicles have problems that require special assistance that are out of the warranty period or coverage terms. The 2012 BMW X5 with 52,000 miles broke down in Canada on Saturday October 15, 2017. The customer emailed and phoned us immediately. We quickly reached out to In speaking with her and we attempted to ascertain the issue and provide her guidance. We recommended, given the situation, that she have the vehicle towed to a service station in Watertown, NY. She was told that towing would be at her own expense as towing was not covered under the NY warranty guidelines. She had the car was towed to the Watertown service shop, but the shop could not diagnose the car properly. We then recommended that the car be towed to a BMW dealership in Syracuse, NY. She decided to get a rental car for her repair period, which is also not covered by the warranty terms. This was stated to her as well. On Tuesday October 17th, the BMW dealership diagnosed the problem as a defective ISM (Integrated Supply Module). This part, according to the BMW dealership, damaged the DME (Digital Motor Electronic). They requested $3,000 for the repair. Neither part was covered under the NY State warranty guidelines. We negotiated on behalf of the customer that the DME should be covered under the Federal Warranty of 8 years/80,000 mile. They agreed to this, and when we pressed them on the issue, they said it didn't need the $3,000 DME unit and only charged $500 for the ISM. The BMW dealership told us the car would be ready on Friday October 20. We then called and conveyed this to her. As a goodwill customer service gesture, we decided to cover the cost of the part. We did not, as we explained to the customer in a previous phone call, cover the $300 tow bill. On Friday, the customer called and said she was under the impression that it was all free under the warranty. We told her that we do not have to cover the ISM, but did so as a goodwill offering. She was adamant that we also cover the tow and yelled derogatory statements over the phone. At our request, she apologized for all the derogatory statements she had made. She explained she'd recently had a house fire and we sympathized with her situation. We then told her we would also pay for half the tow bill of $150 in addition to $500 for the ISM as goodwill and customer service. She responded by saying thank you. We represented our customer and argued on her behalf with BMW and were able to reduce her repair bill from $3,000 to $500, a savings of $2,500. We then paid for the $500 service bill and half of the tow bill, saving her what could have been a $3,150 expense. She picked up her vehicle on Friday. The total cost to her was $150. We did not cover her rental car bill that came to $374 for 5 days given this was her choice to get a rental car. Through this entire process we were in constant contact with the customer and BMW, trying to provide the best possible customer service. We ensured the vehicle was repaired satisfactorily and expedited the job and saved her from what could have resulted in a $3,150 expense.

June 13, 2017

This is my 5 th mercedes purchase from Neil Dubey . This latest one was a S550 4 matic . I had bought a ML , GL , E class and R class. This outfit is... the best kept secret in NY State . These guys are top notch straight and honest . Extremely knowledgeable regarding their vehicles . Wonderful people to deal with from beginning with the receptionist to dealing with Jake for the paperwork and the owner Neil is a Mercedes expert in all aspects of these automobiles. The cars are all represented exactly as advertised and Neil is a gentleman to deal with ( not your typical used car salesman) . If you are in the market for any used luxury auto look no further than Star Motors as they are truly the best in the business !

April 13, 2017

Neil, Jake, Mary and Dennis were ALL very friendly and helpful. It was truly no hassle. I came from Rochester on the bus and was picked up and taken to... the dealership with the car and paperwork ready to go. If it wasn't for the DMV I would have been out of there in no time. If you are looking for a new or used car and they have one you are interested in I suggest you give them a chance! Thanks again guys!