Baker Motor Company of Charleston

77 reviews

February 29, 2020

I had a wonderful experience at Baker Motor company. I test drove a couple cars. Found one I loved, and worked out the options in a timely manner! All... around very professional

January 24, 2020

Took my 2019 Range Rover HSE Sport in for an easy repair. Got a call telling me that the technician marred my paint and the car would have to be repaired... in the paint shop. Was told it could take a week and was given an Infiniti loaner. Was told by the service manager that “we do not give out $100,000 loaners”. I said well you messed up a $100,000 vehicle and I should be put in an equivalent loaner. He said it is an “unfortunate situation “ and a “SNAFU” which means Situation Normal, All F’d Up! I said I guess you are telling me this is normal then. Needless to say, I doubt Mr Baker would be “ok” with this if it were him. Unfortunately it is the only Land Rover dealer in town but with service like this, I will likely be making a road trip for servicing the future.

• November 14, 2018

We were met by Ben Brooks, we had an excellent experience he met all of our needs. Great place to buy a car great, great.

October 11, 2019

I wanted a new car. They had a demo they wanted to sell. The price difference was outrageous. I took the car knowing I didn't like it. It's completely... "radical" and I'm conservative (with my car choice). Can't wait for the lease to be over. Hate this car. No user's manual was ever offered. The windscreen for the convertible was not included. Just not happy.

September 20, 2019

Purchased used MB with CPO status. Was advised with CPO the car goes thru numerous mechanical checks to make sure it meets the standards of MB before it... can be put on lot. A day after purchasing car there was a malfunction with alternate battery and the undercarriage of vehicle was torn and dragging on highway. Took to my local MB dealer and was advised that these were pre existing conditions and should have been taken care of before it was a CPO vehicle. Contacted Baker Motors and they advised that they are not going to offer me any assistance on the matter and the car met the requirements it needed, all this after 1 day and less than 300 miles after purchasing the vehicle. This was my first MB vehicle and will be my last, I have had a couple Lexus and Audi and those dealerships always went out of their ways to help and assist me with whatever was needed for my vehicles. I thought with purchasing a MB that not only the dealer but the company would offer their support on a problem that should have been taken care of before the vehicle was ever sold. During my complaint process the used car manager would not even talk to me or return my calls, had service manager email me that they would not be doing anything. And this is Mercedes Benz !!! My advise is that they are going to wine and dine you at this dealership and tell you what you want to hear all to get you to sign on the dotted line and once that is done Good Luck To Ya !

August 19, 2019

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!!! They told me the only way they could do business with me was if I paid 20k over MSRP!!!!! I feel absolutely discriminated upon!!!!!... No reasons given at all!! Just pretty much given the middle finger!!!!

April 14, 2019

Bought a Sprinter. Started having issues with the vehicle not starting. Intermittent problem. Turn the key and nothing. Showed video of vehicle not starting... to service department and the salesman. Vehicle had no error codes and service refused to replace anything with out one showing up on there diagnostics. Salesman promised to put me in a loaner so they could find and fix the problem. They have to see the vehicle not starting in order to troubleshoot the problem. Been several months since I was promised a loaner. Have not heard back from anyone. Left several phone messages with salesman and have not received a return call yet. Very disappointed in the Mercades product. Will not buy another one. Because of this issue, out company Will not purchase a sprinter. Still waiting on a return call as of this posting. Vehicle only has 32,500 miles on it. I stopped counting the amount of times the vehicle has not started after 12 times.

April 1, 2019

My wife and i went to baker gmc buick today and got talked into buying a new acadia. We spent 4 hours at the dealership with our newborn getting it together.... I asked the salesman a bunch of times if he was sure the numbers were right because they seemed low to me and i even told him he was doing the math wrong. He assured me everytime it was correct but when earl murray went and pulled my credit it was then that he and everyone else in the room that was laughing that he had deducted the money from my trade in that i owed money on off of the price of the vehicle. It then brought the price too high for us and even after talking to his manager paul they would not work with me. We werent even shown the vehicles we showed up to see! Extremely unprofessional place.

December 28, 2018

Ben Brooks was friendly, attentive and helpful - always in a mode of "earning" our business. It was quiet professionalism and Baker Motor Company offered... a very fair deal. Very glad to do business locally. The arduous closing (of any new car deal) went smoothly . thanks to Business Manager Michael Wall, and then Ben did a nice job of "explaining and delivering" our car. Yes, from start to finish, this was a transaction themed by Ben's declaration he would try to "earn our business." We were impressed and grateful.

December 20, 2018

Have purchased many cars with Baker, this deal was rotten from the first and still is messed up. No attention to detail after the deal, paperwork was all... wrong and no follow through

We are very sorry to hear of your recent experience at Baker Motor Company. That is certainly not the experience our team strives for. We hope that yo...u will give our team another chance to impress you. Thank you.