New 888-612-3181 Dealer Website
Used 888-596-5271 Email Dealer
Service 888-623-2166

Average based on 73 reviews.
  • Excellent Service

Everything. GM, salesman, and finance were all excellent as usually. This is the 5th vehicle I've purchased there in the last 5 or so years. I've also referred numerous family members and clients to them for vehicles, all of whom received excellent service. I feel like I'm treated like a VIP.

Hi Jeffrey! Thanks for writing this feedback and for the referrals! Congrats on your fifth purchase and we look forward to working with you, your family, and your friends in the future. JR Batchelor | Customer Relations Manager | jrbatchelor@mikeshawtoyota.net | (361) 866-3250

• review

Michael McDonald done a good job .in sales and answering questions and doing his best to meet my needs to find the pickup i wanted....... upon his service he was appreciated

• Avoid Service Dept.

The absolute worst service experience ever!! Avoid the Mike Shaw service department. Wouldn't even consider purchasing a vehicle from these people!!!

• Great customer service

AJ Johnson help me get into a car that is safe for me and my family. He really tries hard to help his customers out. Thank you

Thank you for the kind words Kerry! We appreciate your business. As always, if there's anything we can do to help, please reach out to us!

• Mike Shaw Toyota Service

Thank you for the kind words. We are always here to help, and want to make your experiences with us truly exceptional!

I was really mad at Mike Shaw Toyota about the cost of repairs on my Tundra that had only 20,135 miles. I couldn't in my wildest dreams imagine a repair that doesn't involve a new motor costing $3000. I wrote a very disparaging review of Mike Shaw Toyota. I wish now I had not done that. I have bought two Tundras from them and until recently did not have a problem. I will say be very afraid if your ABS, Brake, and VSC lights all come on at the same time on your vehicle. It will not be cheap. Upon doing research, the cheapest price for the part is around $1500 to $1600. The average price seems to be $1900-2100 plus 3 hours labor. My anger should be directed toward Toyota Corp. which has known the VSC actuator has been a problem and are charging dealerships a ridiculous amount for it. I called Toyota's consumer division, they were not helpful at all and one of them was downright rude offering me only a case number?????? Still trying to figure that out. I got a call from Ric Jones managing partner at Mike Shaw. He was concerned about my ordeal and my dissatisfaction. He along with Jeff Barlow, Service Director, put up with my tantrum.

• Confusion and disappointing

The experience started off positive. Yes I understand not everyone has perfect credit. But why tell someone they are approved close the deal then call and threaten to collect the car if all paperwork is not resubmitted? Why after the second signature and resubmission of earnings are the threatening calls still continue? If financing was not yet approved then why lead the buyer to think all is done and that the vehicle is theirs? After asking around I found other people that experienced this similar situation. All had their vehicles collected. After complying with the harassing phone calls. Now I understand why I continued receiving letters from financing companies that are dated within a week of the current date. I supposedly was approved two months ago. I am getting ready to surrender my vehicle if the harassment does not end. I've even made a payment and now I wonder where did my money go?

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We invite you to contact management to discuss your experience at 361-866-3250. We'd like improve our processes to ensure this kind of incident doesn't happen again.

• Poor Credit, NO PROBLEM

I was in over my head on a 2005 vehicle through another dealer. Mike Shaw Toyota not only got me in a 2013 fully loaded vehicles for nothing down. They paid off my trade in, lowered my interest rate and gave me an amazing deal with warranty.

• Service Department Experience

At an evening event, I mentioned to the GM that my fog light was out on my Lexus and the next morning I received a call from the Service Department asking when I might be available for my car to be picked up and another delivered for my use. As you can well imagine, I was surprised, ecstatic and very pleased. To say that I was overwhelmed by the quick service and the attention is an understatement. I received a call to update me on the status of my repair and asked when it was convenient for my car to be returned. I was truly blown away by the communication because it has been my experience with other dealerships to be the one that has to initiate contact to find out the status of my car. Hooray for Mike Shaw Toyota in Corpus Christi. From beginning to end, my experience was sublime plus driving around in a brand-new fully loaded Avalon was exciting!

• Awesome service advisor

Carl was a professional. I'd definitely recommend him to anyone who needs to bring their vehicle in. He was prompt and quick with his write up.

• Mike Shaw Toyota provides great customer service

Staff is pleasant, kind, courteous, informed. I love that there is fresh coffee and baked cookies, makes for a pleasant wait while the vehicle is serviced. The waiting room is comfortable and pleasant. And thanks for washing the car when it gets serviced!!!!!